Free proxy provider

I'm coding projects that rely on both HTTP and SOCKS proxies in Python using the Requests library. I've encountered an issue with free proxies from proxyscrape.com, as they often fail to connect. I'm seeking guidance on obtaining functional proxies, aiming for a minimum of 50 IPs. I currently have only one IPv4 address at my disposal. Any assistance or guide would be appreciated.

Comments

• 50 free and functional proxies is a tall order. Might have 50 that work great one minute and none of them work a minute later..that's just the nature of the beast

Personally, I'd just shell out for premium proxies and not worry about whether it'll work or not. If your programming projects rely on it, it'd makes sense to rule out a variable that would stop you from being able to function properly.

• For me cost is the dealbreaker. I wanna try out something before using it

• @catdrout said: For me cost is the dealbreaker. I wanna try out something before using it

Good luck!

• If you want free proxies and are OK with the risks then just do a search, which returns e.g. https://proxyscrape.com/free-proxy-list

If you want free functional proxies then agree with previous comments: tall order, good luck. Anything free and open proxy is going to get abused quick smart. Many providers have a short-term plan where you can pay for as little as a few hours to test them out, and then extend ones you're happy with.

Or DIY; get a VPN which allows 50 concurrent connections to different POPs (or a combination of VPNs) so you have eth0..x and create a proxy on each one.

• Why is this tagged as IPv6? Buy a 2$ VPS with /64 IPv6 and run thousands of proxies.

Thanked by (1)wankel

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said:
    Why is this tagged as IPv6? Buy a 2$ VPS with /64 IPv6 and run thousands of proxies.

This sounds good. Do you have some links or documents show how to set up this?

• Free proxies are unreliable because they're typically hacked or misconfigured machines that get booted off the net/fixed. Fine if you need to just test some geolocation stuff or make some one-off requests, but if you want reliable residential IPs you'll have to pay (for machines hacked by the company you're paying).

• @huginn said: This sounds good. Do you have some links or documents show how to set up this?

Just run a sing-box server and configure SOCKS protocol as your inbound with various IPv6 addresses.

Thanked by (1)huginn
  • https://www.webshare.io/ provides 10 proxies (different IPs) with a total of 1 GB/month on the free tier.

• @rattlecattle said:
    https://www.webshare.io/ provides 10 proxies (different IPs) with a total of 1 GB/month on the free tier.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that not even 1 TB/month is enough for OP let alone 1 GB

• 50 different IPs? For what? Ad view counting? Fake account creation? DDOS?

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider

@catdrout said:
    I'm coding projects that rely on both HTTP and SOCKS proxies in Python using the Requests library. I've encountered an issue with free proxies from proxyscrape.com, as they often fail to connect. I'm seeking guidance on obtaining functional proxies, aiming for a minimum of 50 IPs. I currently have only one IPv4 address at my disposal. Any assistance or guide would be appreciated.

What’s the usage?

50 IPv4 SOCKS5 proxies:
    €60/month VAT incl.

C1V hosting: Italy's Leading Data Center | Unbeatable VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Colocation | Cutting-Edge Facilities in Pomezia | Where Your Success Takes Center Stage.
    🚀 VPN for €5/year 🚀 | Follow us on Telegram

• If you live in the US, NordVPN regularly goes for 100%+ cashback on TopCashback, and they support proxies on their servers. Should be sufficient for scraping.

• I have tried Proxyscrape. No proxies connect with my app so useless. Don't own any IPv6 addersses and i hate VPS providers. I only need super cheap proxy providers anything else is wasting my time

• These VPS providers only care about profits i just need a effective way to use proxies to bypass discords captchas when automating account creation

• @CyberneticTitan said:
    If you live in the US, NordVPN regularly goes for 100%+ cashback on TopCashback, and they support proxies on their servers. Should be sufficient for scraping.

I live in the Kingdom of Sweden and i am ultra cheap so def no. Americans are capitalists i need communism

• edited December 2023

@catdrout said: Americans are capitalists i need communism

Ask communist Government for a proxy then.

• @treesmokah said:

@catdrout said: Americans are capitalists i need communism

Ask communist Government for a proxy then.

Thanked by (1)ZuckZwing
  • @catdrout said:
    to bypass discords captchas when automating account creation

Being so cheap, you should just solve these captchas manually. This way, you don't get exploited by capitalists.

Koofr Cloud Storage: Lifetime Subscription (1TB) for $159.99 [aff link]

• When i grow up i want to become a proxy as well. :pensive: