Promotional Email Received From Porkbun -- .com only $7.97 through December 31

Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

Hi Everyone!

Found this email in my inbox this morning! Hope you all have a great day!

Best!

Tom

💰 Porkbun is "Best For Long-Term Savings" 💰

We wanted to share some pig-nificent news that made us squeal with excitement! We’re honored to have been recognized by USA Today as “Best For Long-Term Savings” and given 5/5 stars. Low prices, amazing customer service, and incredible products are the foundation for everything we strive to provide you every day.

We think our customers are the best, so we want to be the best for you. Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to many more years together!

Check out the full USA Today article here then click the button below and snag your next domain name from Porkbun!

P.S. Get even bigger savings on .com domain registrations, only $7.97 through December 31, 2023!

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

Thanked by (2)FrankZ margincons
Tagged:

Comments

• Unfortunately, they don't seem to be the "best for long-term renewal savings", my .com domain with them renews at $10.37.
    Promotional price only applies to new domains for the first year. If you register for more than a year, only the first is discounted.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, though.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

Hi @rubenmdh!

Are people still using the trick of registering a domain somewhere and then moving the domain to Cloudflare for renewals? I heard that new domains couldn't be registered at Cloudflare but that existing domains could be renewed at Cloudflare for an amount equal to Cloudflare's cost. Thus, a cheap registration followed by renewals at Cloudflare would be the least expensive of all possible ways to keep a domain. But I don't know whether this still works the way I heard.

Some people are "oinkers." 🐷 We oinkers love Porkbun because of Porkbun's great support! Over years and years and trying various registrars, for me, Porkbun has been way out front, leading all the others for great support. When something comes up, and something always does come up, eventually, Porkbun turns out to be worth ten or a hundred times what they charge. A few years ago, I moved all my domains still at other registrars over to Porkbun. Stuff still happens every once in awhile -- stuff happens to everybody -- but Porkbun Support still gets everything fixed almost instantly!

Best wishes!

Tom

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• @Not_Oles said:
    Hi @rubenmdh!

Are people still using the trick of registering a domain somewhere and then moving the domain to Cloudflare for renewals? I heard that new domains couldn't be registered at Cloudflare but that existing domains could be renewed at Cloudflare for an amount equal to Cloudflare's cost. Thus, a cheap registration followed by renewals at Cloudflare would be the least expensive of all possible ways to keep a domain. But I don't know whether this still works the way I heard.

Some people are "oinkers." 🐷 We oinkers love Porkbun because of Porkbun's great support! Over years and years and trying various registrars, for me, Porkbun has been way out front, leading all the others for great support. When something comes up, and something always does come up, eventually, Porkbun turns out to be worth ten or a hundred times what they charge. A few years ago, I moved all my domains still at other registrars over to Porkbun. Stuff still happens every once in awhile -- stuff happens to everybody -- but Porkbun Support still gets everything fixed almost instantly!

Best wishes!

Tom

They send me piglets so I stay.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• I like Porkbun and their humour

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles said: I heard that new domains couldn't be registered at Cloudflare

Cloudflare now supports new domain registrations.
    https://i.imgur.com/YI4JVIk.png

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • edited December 2023

So, I am a huge fan of porkbun. Great customer service, great sale pricing throughout the year and a working API so bonus points for letting me automate basic tasks. As far as porkbun having a higher renewal rate, literally all domain registrars do that with .com/net/org/io (or any other main/popular TLDs). In fact, right now if you wanted an even cheaper .com namecheap has a promotion for $5.98 if it's a new domain but then jacks it up to $13.98/yr after the first year (compared to porkbun which has .com renewals at $10.37). I cannot stress this enough though, don't use namecheap. From recent security breaches to them being unwilling to fix/police certain bad actors abusing their "free" dns service to having horrible customer service because they're so overloaded with support tickets they should be avoided. Porkbun or Cloudflare are your best bets regardless of the TLD (in my opinion).

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • Apart of their service, I love PorkBun Newsletter. It's fun to read. 🤣

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • sav.com is dropping .com registrations to $7.95 starting Jan. 1st. Sounds like a permanent change.

• edited December 2023

I've heard Porkbun is bad in terms of free speech(they own .gay tld and are connected to "activists"), and also likes to randomly terminate user's domains for no apparent reason. That said, I stay away from it. I agree their aesthetics are pretty funny, but it doesn't scream "serious company", especially with pro-censorship activism in the background - I want my registar to be as politically neutral as possible and only react on content when obligated by court.

I've been happy with Namecheap, Spaceship, Dynadot, hover(tucows).
    Epik also used to be great, but oh well.