PieLayer/Pajo Servers VPS service discontinuation

Sent/received December 28, 2023. No mention of refunds for unfilled service contracts. Shraed hosting and other services unaffected.

Due to on-going issues with inflation, soaring energy prices, unjustified hikes in licensing pricing for the > past two years it has been very hard for us to keep up with our goal of keeping prices on a budget while > providing good quality and staying profitable.

Due to these reasons, we have come to a strategical decision to discontinue our Virtual Private Servers > (VPS) services on all locations. Please see below how are you affected with this:

Clients who have VPS services located in Europe - services will be discontinued on 1st of January 2024
Clients who have VPS services in New York Metro - services will be discontinued on 1st of January 2024
Clients who have VPS services in Los Angeles, US - services will be discontinued on 16th of January 2024

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

Did they give unsustainable LowEndForum deals or something? Their pricing is average ($5~/GB) according to their site.

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• 3 days heads-up, on New Year.
    I guess someone wake up today, thinked about this for 42 seconds said: fuck this, I am out.

Thanked by (3)MikeA FrankZ fluttershy

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @MikeA said:
    Did they give unsustainable LowEndForum deals or something? Their pricing is average ($5~/GB) according to their site.

There was this: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/115615/us-eu-ddos-protection-4gb-ssd-vps-13-q-1gb-ssd-19-99-y-storage-plans-and-more/

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited December 2023

@Jab said:
    3 days heads-up, on New Year.
    I guess someone wake up today, thinked about this for 42 seconds said: fuck this, I am out.

Sounds about right. :+1:
    This is/was a provider that frequented the OGF, not here at LES, correct ?

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• edited December 2023

I just renewed 10 days ago (paid by yearly), and already submit ticket but no reply for 24 hours.

I decided to open a paypal dispute if there is no refund after service closed

• @FrankZ said:

@Jab said:
    3 days heads-up, on New Year.

Sounds about right. :+1:

Correct young man

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• jtkjtk
    edited December 2023

@FrankZ said:

As far as I know, correct. LET is so awful lately I have started to avoid supporting it with any content lest anyone think I'm a fan of what is going on over there. Was hoping posting it here it reached enough people that cared about it.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited December 2023

@jtk said:

@FrankZ said:

As far as I know, correct. LET is so awful lately I have started to avoid supporting it with any content lest anyone think I'm a fan of what is going on over there. Was hoping posting it here it reached enough people that cared about it.

I am happy that you decided to post it here. I wish more people would post issues from any provider good or bad here on LES so we would not miss anything by not going to the OGF. I didn't think for a minute that your thread was problematic. I was looking to see if this provider had a tag here, and when I could not find one, I just wanted to double check with you that the provider was not here on LES. Thanks again for posting this.

Thanked by (2)jtk crunchbits

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @windy7 said:
    I just renewed 10 days ago (paid by yearly), and already submit ticket but no reply for 24 hours.

I decided to open a paypal dispute if there is no refund after service closed

I submitted a ticket on 30th, Nov, but sill no reply.