TensorDock: Looking to hire US/EU timezone sysadmin for AI & GPU cloud

lentrolentro Hosting Provider

Hi!

I'm looking to recruit a full time US/EU sysadmin to join our growing team.

What will you do?

• Support: serve our support desk during US/EU working hours by helping customers deploy, configure, and utilize high-performance GPU and CPU-only instances
  • Development: our suppliers run our own Libvirt-based hypervisor on their servers. When you're not helping customers, you’ll help us improve the reliability of our hypervisor and add functionality to it by developing scripts in Python, C, and bash
  • Travel: periodically, you might fly out to a partner's data center to install and configure our routers. Once every 6 months, we also host internal team offsites. The previous one was in New York, and the one before was in San Francisco

What are we looking for

• Cloud infrastructure experience (Bash and have previously toyed around with any of the following: Libvirt, OpenStack, Proxmox, Kubevirt, Virtualbox, VMWare)
  • Because our flagship product is a GPU cloud, we prefer engineers who have used GPUs before, whether to render animations or to train machine learning models
  • Bonus: US-based

Compensation

• $5k/month (USD) cash, plus vested equity and additional profit sharing

About TensorDock
TensorDock provides customers access to accelerated GPU and CPU-only virtual machines at prices 80% less than large clouds. We serve thousands of customers, including AI labs, publicly traded companies, and universities that you might have heard of!

Terabyte-scale CPU-only instances, multimillion-dollar InfiniBand NVIDIA H100 clusters from $1.91/hr each; and the odd NVIDIA GeForce 3090... we do it all — and do it for 80% less than the big clouds!

Shoot me a DM or email jonathan [at] tensordock.com if you or someone you know might be interested!

Thanked by (1)jmgcaguicla

Comments

• this is interesting.

is the US-based better because of timezone tasks?

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

@ehab said:
    is the US-based better because of timezone tasks?

Yes, US timezone is a bit better given we have more US than EU customers, but we're open to both! We also slightly prefer US specifically for the ability to do background checks though for our security & compliance needs :)

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • I would be interested in this if it was a freelance position. I have my own things going but, if you need a hand until you find someone let me know.

Thanked by (1)lentro

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

@AuroraZero said:
    I would be interested in this if it was a freelance position. I have my own things going but, if you need a hand until you find someone let me know.

Thanks! I think we have enough qualified applicants to sift through for now, but thx!

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero