HostMantis Price Adjustment Effective March 1st!

FrankZFrankZ Moderator
edited January 19 in Industry News

Email received from HostMantis ....
tldr; March 1st, there will be a 10% increase in prices.

Dear Valued Customer,

We hope this message finds you well. We are reaching out to share some important updates regarding our pricing structure, effective March 1st.

At Hostmantis.com, we are continually striving to deliver exceptional service while managing the realities of the current economic landscape, notably rising inflation. Our team is dedicated to maintaining the effectiveness of our human resources and addressing the increased costs of licenses and other operational expenses.

To continue providing the high-quality service you've come to expect, we find it necessary to adjust our pricing. Starting March 1st, there will be a 10% increase in our prices. This decision was not made lightly, and we have taken every possible measure to minimize its impact on our customers.

We understand that price changes can be challenging, and we want to assure you that we are committed to keeping our prices as competitive as possible. Our team is working tirelessly to optimize our operations and continue delivering the value and service you rely on.

We are grateful for your understanding and continued partnership. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this update, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you for your ongoing support.

Regards,

Patrice Baribeau
CEO
Hostmantis.com

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin vyas

Comments

• Wow that scam shop is still around !!!

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Squats are the new Push-ups

• At least one billing period in advance, I am shocked as lately all the news are 'within 3 days we close up'.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ yoursunny

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 19

@vyas said:
    Wow that scam shop is still around !!!

They were bought by Likuid.com last June.
    I used them like a hundred ten years ago when they were cheap and good.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@FrankZ said:

@vyas said:

HM were rocksolid and highly performant in the past.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ bikegremlin
  • @Ympker said:

@FrankZ said:

@vyas said:

They are still so in my experience. Just more pricey.

Thanked by (2)Ympker bikegremlin
  • vyasvyas OG
    edited January 20

Service was good, pricing was quite turdy, not honouring "recurring" offers, renewal for same service going up 300 percent (from 50 Dollars/ 2 years to 280 dollars/ 2 years) , etc...
    Left some bad taste for a long time

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@webcraft said:

@Ympker said:

@FrankZ said:

@vyas said:

They are still so in my experience. Just more pricey.

Glad to hear that performance at least is still decent. I remember that when I left (during one of those ridiculous price hikes), people also reported about performance becoming worse.

• Wow that's a name I haven't heard in a while. Don't know that they are still around.

• Ah, the monthly HostMantis price increase.

• Who founded HostMantis? For some reason I seem to have heard he is/was a regular in the forums.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@Joseph said:
    Who founded HostMantis? For some reason I seem to have heard he is/was a regular in the forums.

It was. And the price to quality ratio was surprisingly good.
    When cPanel hiked prices to per-acount (huge bump), HostMantis did a big price hike, and doubled back on their "lifetime price/discount" deals.

A few years later, they cut the reseller account resources drastically, in the middle of a subscription term!

Another "jewel" was offering pre-pay fund bonus and hiking prices drastically just after the fund top-up promotion ended.

Somewhere during that time they got a lot of backlash from the community and stopped posting in the green forums (someone correct me if I'm wrong with the timeline).

Finally, they sold to another company, and that resulted in lower uptime and worse tech. support.
    So, it all looked a lot like a bait and switch & price pumping for a high sale.

For the past months, the uptime has been good.
    PHP 8.2 seems to lack some extensions needed by WordPress.

Prices are now relatively close to MDDHosting Plaid (fastest) reseller hosting prices.

To be fair:
    The newest, latest prices should allow for offering high quality infrastructure and tech. support.
    The new owners haven't done any huge price hikes (the 10% seems reasonable).

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• edited January 21

@bikegremlin said:

@Joseph said:
    Who founded HostMantis? For some reason I seem to have heard he is/was a regular in the forums.

When cPanel hiked prices to per-acount (huge bump), HostMantis did a big price hike, and doubled back on their "lifetime price/discount" deals.

A few years later, they cut the reseller account resources drastically, in the middle of a subscription term!

Another "jewel" was offering pre-pay fund bonus and hiking prices drastically just after the fund top-up promotion ended.

Somewhere during that time they got a lot of backlash from the community and stopped posting in the green forums (someone correct me if I'm wrong with the timeline).

Finally, they sold to another company, and that resulted in lower uptime and worse tech. support.

Prices are now relatively close to MDDHosting Plaid (fastest) reseller hosting prices.

To be fair:
    The newest, latest prices should allow for offering high quality infrastructure and tech. support.

How does the price to quality ratio at Frantech/BuyShared/BuyVM compare to MDD and/or other quality hosting providers?

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@Joseph said:

@bikegremlin said:

@Joseph said:

To be fair:

How does the price to quality ratio at Frantech/BuyShared/BuyVM compare to MDD and/or other quality hosting providers?

I haven't tried BuyShared so can't compare the quality (heard nothing but praise about them though).
    Pricewise, it looks like roughly half the price + a free Blesta license for reseller hosting:
    https://buyshared.net/cpanel-reseller-hosting/

MDDHosting is cheap for what you get for the money, IMO. That's where I host most stuff nowadays. For example, just to name a few:

• They make backups every 4 hours, that you can "one-click" restore. That's very handy when someone fucks up something - saves a lot of time (sure, your own off-site backups are a must, but this is a lot quicker and easier so you needn't resort to restoring from your backups 99.99% of the time).
    • Ticket on a Sunday morning? Resolved (not just responded, but resolved) within a few minutes, literally.
    • Elastic resource allocation for reseller hosting - this is awesome (explained how that works in chapter 3 of my HostMantis review, but the basic principle is the same with MDDHosting).

By all the metrics, and by the impression I got, it seems like a very good service, and not something I could easily find elsewhere, even regardless of the price.

It goes without saying I own 100% shares of all the US-based hosting providers LOL :)

Thanked by (1)Joseph

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @vyas said:
    Service was good, pricing was quite turdy, not honouring "recurring" offers, renewal for same service going up 300 percent (from 50 Dollars/ 2 years to 280 dollars/ 2 years) , etc...

Amateur numbers! Mine went from 9.80$/year to 180$ 🤣 Ditched that shithole 3 years ago.

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • @Lex said:

@vyas said:

Amateur numbers! Mine went from 9.80$/year to 180$ 🤣

From one annual billing cycle to the next?

• They seem to have used that trick to drop LE / low margin customer, bump up the pricing to reflect higher margin, and get a better pricing for the sale of company.