Gatekeepers: AI vs Humans

If, in a (not so) hypothetical situation where (most of) the whole world goes completely on grid and AI were to ever go rogue, would Programmers, SysAdmins & Hardware enginners be at the forefront resisting and fighting back?

Also, what would be the role of social leeches like the Politicians, Billionaires, Bureaucrats, etc. be in such a situation?

Tagged:

Comments

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

My money is on the billionaires. Powering down millions of computers via remote hands ain't gonna be cheap.

Besides programmers don't feature in the prophecy

The Butlerian Jihad, a significant event in the lore of Frank Herbert's "Dune" universe, culminated with the defeat of the thinking machines and the establishment of a universal ban on the creation of machines in the image of a human mind. This conflict is central to the backstory of the "Dune" series, setting the stage for the societal and technological landscape of the series.

The Jihad began as a human revolt against the rule of thinking machines, which had come to dominate and enslave humanity across the galaxy. It is named after Jehanne Butler, whose baby was reportedly killed by a robot, sparking the uprising. The conflict lasted for about a century and was characterized by widespread devastation and a significant loss of life.

Thanked by (1)itsdeadjim
  • edited February 6

Assuming that we won't all die in the next pandemic or WW3, AI will transform society dynamics in a way that I don't believe that words like Politicians, Billionaires, Bureaucrats, Programmers, Engineers etc will have the same meaning that have today, if they will have any meaning at all.

The theme in humanity always has been more or less the same: who that controlled trade, was in power and politicians/bureaucrats were their muppets.
    Next it was who that controlled massive production means.
    Then it was who that controlled data/information.
    We are approaching an era that who that controls AI will control the world.

So when no-one controls AI, we will be like the story of dinosaurs and the asteroid. It will be interesting if some form of life, artificial or not, will remain to tell the story in the end.

Of course not because AI will have any malevolence or agenda of its own. But it's far too easy to
    go
    very
    wrong

So my money is on AI. Everything else will go obsolete sooner or later

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@itsdeadjim said:
    Assuming that we won't all die in the next pandemic or WW3, AI will transform society dynamics in a way that I don't believe that words like Politicians, Billionaires, Bureaucrats, Programmers, Engineers etc will have the same meaning that have today, if they will have any meaning at all.

The theme in humanity always has been more or less the same: who that controlled trade, was in power and politicians/bureaucrats were their muppets.
    Next it was who that controlled massive production means.
    Then it was who that controlled data/information.
    We are approaching an era that who that controls AI will control the world.

So when no-one controls AI, we will be like the story of dinosaurs and the asteroid. It will be interesting if some form of life, artificial or not, will remain to tell the story in the end.

Of course not because AI will have any malevolence or agenda of its own. But it's far too easy to
    go
    very
    wrong

So my money is on AI. Everything else will go obsolete sooner or later

Yup.
    It needn't become "conscious" in order to devastate us.

My long-winded (as usual :) ) drivel on the topic:
    Zeitgeist and “AI”

Relja

Thanked by (1)itsdeadjim

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @AndrewL64 said:
    If, in a (not so) hypothetical situation where (most of) the whole world goes completely on grid and AI were to ever go rogue, would Programmers, SysAdmins & Hardware enginners be at the forefront resisting and fighting back?

Also, what would be the role of social leeches like the Politicians, Billionaires, Bureaucrats, etc. be in such a situation?

Yes, $7