Free Server for 25 Days - Educational Use Only

I recently got two servers from Oracle Cloud and am currently unable to use them due to ongoing exams. Both servers will expire on March 11.

Specs for red

  • CPU: 2.25 GHz AMD EPYC™ 7742 (Rome)
  • Cores: 8
  • Threads: 16
  • RAM: 64 GB
  • Storage: 100 GB Boot Volume & 1000 GB Block Volume
  • Network bandwidth (Gbps): 8
  • IP Address: 1 IPv4 & 1 IPv6
  • OS: Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
  • Location: Hyderabad, India

Specs for red1

  • CPU: 2.0 GHz AMD EPYC™ 7551 (Naples)
  • Cores: 4
  • Threads: 8
  • RAM: 32 GB
  • Storage: 100 GB Boot Volume & 1000 GB Block Volume
  • Network bandwidth (Gbps): 2.8
  • IP Address: 1 IPv4 & 1 IPv6
  • OS: Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
  • Location: Hyderabad, India

How to get?

  • Post in this thread.

  • Please include

    • your ssh public key;

    • links to your website, Github or other repo, other online profiles, etc.; and

    • your use case.

Terms Of Service


P.S: Please don't use the server for mining or DDoS attacks and get my account banned.

Credits: @Not_Oles for the post format

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

Comments

  • ubuntu@red:~$ curl -sL yabs.sh | bash
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2024-01-01                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    
    Tue Feb 13 15:16:13 UTC 2024
    
    Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 4 minutes
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7742 64-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 16 @ 2245.778 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 62.8 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 96.8 GiB
    Distro     : Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
    Kernel     : 5.15.0-1049-oracle
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ❌ Offline
    
    IPv4 Network Information:
    ---------------------------------
    ISP        : Oracle Corporation
    ASN        : AS31898 Oracle Corporation
    Host       : Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (ap-hyderabad-1)
    Location   : Hyderabad, Telangana (TG)
    Country    : India
    
    fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/sda1):
    ---------------------------------
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 48.36 MB/s   (12.0k) | 97.70 MB/s    (1.5k)
    Write      | 48.42 MB/s   (12.1k) | 98.21 MB/s    (1.5k)
    Total      | 96.79 MB/s   (24.1k) | 195.92 MB/s   (3.0k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 88.69 MB/s     (173) | 88.16 MB/s      (86)
    Write      | 93.40 MB/s     (182) | 94.03 MB/s      (91)
    Total      | 182.09 MB/s    (355) | 182.20 MB/s    (177)
    
    iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 482 Mbits/sec   | 674 Mbits/sec   | 146 ms         
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 470 Mbits/sec   | busy            | 142 ms         
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 465 Mbits/sec   | 1.24 Gbits/sec  | 157 ms         
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 60.9 Mbits/sec  | 827 Mbits/sec   | 233 ms         
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 299 Mbits/sec   | 509 Mbits/sec   | 205 ms         
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 259 Mbits/sec   | 497 Mbits/sec   | 236 ms         
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 247 Mbits/sec   | 498 Mbits/sec   | 237 ms         
    
    Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 1345                          
    Multi Core      | 8474                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/4896335
    
    YABS completed in 15 min 12 sec
    ubuntu@red:~$ 
    
    Thanked by (1)ExAjiMag
  • ssh-rsa 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 [email protected]

    Will be using the server to practice my devops skills and perhaps run a few personal proxies on it thanks :smiley:

    github: https://github.com/meower1

  • What is the cost per month for red and red1?

  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

    HI @alamin655!

    Wow! You are offering an adventure! I wish you and your Neighbors good luck with Red and Red1! Also good luck to you on your exams!

    Best wishes!

    Tom

    Thanked by (1)alamin655

    I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

  • @dosai said:
    What is the cost per month for red and red1?

    red: $225.83/m
    red1: $91.55/m
    2TB storage: $122.03/m

    Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles said:
    HI @alamin655!

    Wow! You are offering an adventure! I wish you and your Neighbors good luck with Red and Red1! Also good luck to you on your exams!

    Best wishes!

    Tom

    Thanks Tom :)

  • @gooblermaster said:
    ssh-rsa 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 [email protected]

    Will be using the server to practice my devops skills and perhaps run a few personal proxies on it thanks :smiley:

    github: https://github.com/meower1

    root@red:~# sudo adduser gooblermaster
    Adding user `gooblermaster' ...
    Adding new group `gooblermaster' (1002) ...
    Adding new user `gooblermaster' (1002) with group `gooblermaster' ...
    Creating home directory `/home/gooblermaster' ...
    Copying files from `/etc/skel' ...
    New password: 
    Retype new password: 
    passwd: password updated successfully
    Changing the user information for gooblermaster
    Enter the new value, or press ENTER for the default
            Full Name []: @gooblermaster
            Room Number []: 
            Work Phone []: 
            Home Phone []: 
            Other []: 
    Is the information correct? [Y/n] y
    root@red:~# sudo usermod -aG sudo gooblermaster
    root@red:~# sudo visudo
    Warning: /etc/sudoers.d/100-oracle-cloud-agent-users:18:12: unused Cmnd_Alias "SYSTEMDRUN_COMMAND"
    root@red:~# cd /home/gooblermaster
    root@red:/home/gooblermaster# mkdir -p .ssh
    root@red:/home/gooblermaster# chmod 700 .ssh
    root@red:/home/gooblermaster# nano .ssh/authorized_keys
    root@red:/home/gooblermaster# chmod 600 .ssh/authorized_keys
    root@red:/home/gooblermaster# 
    

    I'll send you the server IP via DM. Enjoy and have fun.

  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

    @alamin655 said:

    @dosai said:
    What is the cost per month for red and red1?

    red: $225.83/m
    red1: $91.55/m
    2TB storage: $122.03/m

    Too much for me!

    I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

  • @Not_Oles said:

    @alamin655 said:

    @dosai said:
    What is the cost per month for red and red1?

    red: $225.83/m
    red1: $91.55/m
    2TB storage: $122.03/m

    Too much for me!

    Yes, it is relatively pricey. Traditional cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and others appear to be too expensive for people like us. Also, I am not paying the money out of my pocket; I received some credits at an event some time ago and am simply using them.

    Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • Update: I am getting some errors while adding an additional 1000 GB of storage, so you have to bear with the 100 GB boot volume.

  • edited February 15

    Update: Found a fix; couldn't add block volume but added object storage.

    root@red:~# df -h
    Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    tmpfs           6.3G  1.1M  6.3G   1% /run
    /dev/sda1        97G  2.6G   95G   3% /
    tmpfs            32G     0   32G   0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs           5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
    /dev/sda15      105M  6.1M   99M   6% /boot/efi
    tmpfs           6.3G  4.0K  6.3G   1% /run/user/1001
    s3fs             16E     0   16E   0% /home/ubuntu/red
    
  • ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQCGn0Vy6uF99ehdRNBFrNYclZsZ/OCc1QmdP2FaRgJxI1QbYGGpJ0epAmbxk9uJyhAx1kJ/D/00dK9FYx3KxCXzFb707ngGtKw9HggoRjVtItBjzNYMAcvJ2uef4HDg2XKffTJ2cT7FbiECXkOSTimL0XGUJShS5rpDP7Bo8nyzse2lFvQzCTJ3qvFBDAQ1rM7Vka/cx+Kq7bX1UMLC/8h2P78TAUHTuPEAKSH39HU4Jpf82zV6Lkq2+fbxRzUfUjdBVN89SrS9ebEmpToV8MGIw8dDfOxYXhfe3nNkvQ9mTCKyYYm8m11AXS/UXrlv63L/YxbNsUXJdwvMasVG5fHr rsa-key-20240218

    hello @alamin655 ! . Thank you for sharing your server. does this server support docker or lxc ? . Thank You
    github : https://github.com/ajiBal/
    :)

  • @ExAjiMag said:
    ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQCGn0Vy6uF99ehdRNBFrNYclZsZ/OCc1QmdP2FaRgJxI1QbYGGpJ0epAmbxk9uJyhAx1kJ/D/00dK9FYx3KxCXzFb707ngGtKw9HggoRjVtItBjzNYMAcvJ2uef4HDg2XKffTJ2cT7FbiECXkOSTimL0XGUJShS5rpDP7Bo8nyzse2lFvQzCTJ3qvFBDAQ1rM7Vka/cx+Kq7bX1UMLC/8h2P78TAUHTuPEAKSH39HU4Jpf82zV6Lkq2+fbxRzUfUjdBVN89SrS9ebEmpToV8MGIw8dDfOxYXhfe3nNkvQ9mTCKyYYm8m11AXS/UXrlv63L/YxbNsUXJdwvMasVG5fHr rsa-key-20240218

    hello @alamin655 ! . Thank you for sharing your server. does this server support docker or lxc ? . Thank You
    github : https://github.com/ajiBal/
    :)

    You again?

    youtube.com/watch?v=k1BneeJTDcU
    All of my VMs: https://nodecheck.net/s/otusibrc/

  • @ExAjiMag said:
    ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQCGn0Vy6uF99ehdRNBFrNYclZsZ/OCc1QmdP2FaRgJxI1QbYGGpJ0epAmbxk9uJyhAx1kJ/D/00dK9FYx3KxCXzFb707ngGtKw9HggoRjVtItBjzNYMAcvJ2uef4HDg2XKffTJ2cT7FbiECXkOSTimL0XGUJShS5rpDP7Bo8nyzse2lFvQzCTJ3qvFBDAQ1rM7Vka/cx+Kq7bX1UMLC/8h2P78TAUHTuPEAKSH39HU4Jpf82zV6Lkq2+fbxRzUfUjdBVN89SrS9ebEmpToV8MGIw8dDfOxYXhfe3nNkvQ9mTCKyYYm8m11AXS/UXrlv63L/YxbNsUXJdwvMasVG5fHr rsa-key-20240218

    hello @alamin655 ! . Thank you for sharing your server. does this server support docker or lxc ? . Thank You
    github : https://github.com/ajiBal/
    :)

    Would advise caution with this user.

    Thanked by (3)alamin655 xvps Not_Oles
  • @sh97 said:

    @ExAjiMag said:
    ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQCGn0Vy6uF99ehdRNBFrNYclZsZ/OCc1QmdP2FaRgJxI1QbYGGpJ0epAmbxk9uJyhAx1kJ/D/00dK9FYx3KxCXzFb707ngGtKw9HggoRjVtItBjzNYMAcvJ2uef4HDg2XKffTJ2cT7FbiECXkOSTimL0XGUJShS5rpDP7Bo8nyzse2lFvQzCTJ3qvFBDAQ1rM7Vka/cx+Kq7bX1UMLC/8h2P78TAUHTuPEAKSH39HU4Jpf82zV6Lkq2+fbxRzUfUjdBVN89SrS9ebEmpToV8MGIw8dDfOxYXhfe3nNkvQ9mTCKyYYm8m11AXS/UXrlv63L/YxbNsUXJdwvMasVG5fHr rsa-key-20240218

    hello @alamin655 ! . Thank you for sharing your server. does this server support docker or lxc ? . Thank You
    github : https://github.com/ajiBal/
    :)

    Would advise caution with this user.

    What do you mean?

  • @ExAjiMag said:

    Would advise caution with this user.

    What do you mean?

    https://lowendspirit.com/profile/comments/ExAjiMag

    Thanked by (1)sh97
  • @tototo said:

    @ExAjiMag said:

    Would advise caution with this user.

    What do you mean?

    https://lowendspirit.com/profile/comments/ExAjiMag

    :trollface: LoL

  • @Ganonk said:

    @tototo said:

    @ExAjiMag said:

    Would advise caution with this user.

    What do you mean?

    https://lowendspirit.com/profile/comments/ExAjiMag

    :trollface: LoL

    Hey, dont judge people cause they only post on "free" offers :lol:

    Thanked by (1)Ganonk

    If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is. Blink twice if you agree.

Sign In or Register to comment.