Looking for a Shared Hosting Plan

Hello! Need a solid shared hosting plan for one of my sites. Details:

• Ideally in France, potentially Luxembourg/Belgium/Switzerland as alternate location. Most traffic is to those 4 countries and also a few Central & West African countries.
  • Only one domain needed.
  • Disk size of at least 25GB (the site only uses about 6 now but anticipating long-term).
  • Bandwidth would need to be 3TB/mo or more based on the most active past months (current usage is significantly lower but again, long-term)
  • Needs PHP & MySQL, nothing fancy (literally only 3 dbs, probably gonna redo to use just 2 soon).
  • Prefer cPanel as I'm more familiar with it, but DA is not a deal-breaker.
  • Site uses WordPress, can manage it manually but would use Softalicious or similar if available.
  • Backups are nice. Not absolutely required but definitely preferred.
  • No need for any email (I use MXroute and prefer to keep mail separate from hosting).

Biggest thing for me is the reliability of the hosting (both in a business and technical sense) and the support offered. I say shared hosting because I don't trust myself enough to install and manage things via a VPS for anything in production, but if some some version of semi-managed hosting or whatnot fits in the budget, then that would be perfectly fine. I would also prefer ticket support (English or French is fine), and a host that has a decent reputation and has been around for a bit. I do not use support often (roughly around 10-12 tickets in the past decade), but just want to make sure it's available and solid when needed (and perhaps a bit patient/friendly as web stuff is a side gig for me, not my main job, nor is my main job even tech-related, and as such my skills/confidence are not the highest, lol).

In terms of budget, I'm currently paying about $25/year for a cheap plan for the site, but I am willing and frankly kind of expect to pay more for the reliability/support that I'd like. I would say max of around $100/year, preferably more like $40-$60. However, the reliability/support are more important than a few dollars in the budget, so none of those numbers are absolutely set in stone.

Comments

• synthohostingsynthohosting Hosting Provider
    edited February 24

Hello
    we can do this:

25GB SSD NVMe
    3TB/month bandwidth (upgradable in future)
    Unlimited MySQL databases
    99.7% guaranteed uptime
    Advanced DDoS Protection (L4)
    Advanced h24 support (Telegram/Phone/Email/Ticket)
    Plesk Panel
    Falkenstein location
    IPv4+IPv6
    55€/year

On webhostings, we do off-site backups every night.
    Deal? Let me know in DMs B)

SynthoHosting: DDoS Protected IP Transit, Dedicated Servers and VPS

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

@SocksAreComfortable Try out my web hosting in Europe, it's on Hetzner FSN network. Runs SPanel which has many similarities to cPanel and has everything you need. I'll give you a plan to match your storage needs in your budget, just PM me.
    https://extravm.com/webhosting.php

Thanked by (1)vyas

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• @MikeA said:
    @SocksAreComfortable Try out my web hosting in Europe, it's on Hetzner FSN network. Runs SPanel which has many similarities to cPanel and has everything you need. I'll give you a plan to match your storage needs in your budget, just PM me.
    https://extravm.com/webhosting.php

@SocksAreComfortable DO it you won't regret it!!!! Mike won't even steal your socks!!!

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

@AuroraZero said:
    @SocksAreComfortable DO it you won't regret it!!!! Mike won't even steal your socks!!!

Confirmed. I'm not a sock sniffer.

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero bikegremlin

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer
    edited February 25

I use MDDhosting even for the Serbia/Europe "centred" websites.

Performance and tech. support are awesome.

Price for the high-performance shared plan ("Plaid") is $30 per month.
    I use the Plaid reseller (my review) plan for the same monthly price, but with lower bandwidth and storage limits included in the price (and with the pay-per-use policy when you exceed the limits).

For me that's worth it because of the quality - I can concentrate on making articles and websites, not worry about the foundation (the hosting). Your budget, choices, and priorities may be different, of course.

Relja

Edit:
    Cloudflare can save bandwidth, with some decent caching:

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews