Low TB Storage Deals

Who are the good for value storage deals for backups these days?

Low TB range (call it 4-8TB); pure backup (no seedboxing or anything) so low CPU/RAM requirements - even stuff like Hetzner's SB stuff is fine.

And yes, Hetzner sets a pretty low bar at ~$14/months for 5TB but it would be nice to get below that (plus I already use them for some stuff and it would be better to be a bit more diverse with backups)

Comments

• edited March 27

@ahnlak said:
    Low TB range (call it 4-8TB); low CPU/RAM requirements
    ~$14/months for 5TB but it would be nice to get below that

This offer (affiliate link) looks like the best fit for all the requirements above. That's a ref, but it's more than well-deserved. I have one myself for quite a while, no complaints.

If you want more space, then check the other plans from the products groups on the left. However, they will also have more RAM and cores.

Thanked by (2)ahnlak servarica_hani
  • Yes, I've seen that (and it was one of the things that poked me back into looking at backup options), but ... there might be other options?

If I just meant "I'm too dumb to read a thread on the front page", I'd have said that ;-)

Thanked by (2)localhost wankel
  • @DataRecovery said:

@ahnlak said:

This offer looks like the best fit for all the requirements above. That's a ref, but it's more than well-deserved. I have one myself for quite a while, no complaints.

If you want more space, then check the other plans from the products groups on the left. However, they will also have more RAM and cores.

Cheers; that was the name lurking at the back of my mind that I couldn't quite remember!

Thanked by (1)servarica_hani
  • c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider

@ahnlak said: there might be other options?

1 vCore CPU, 2GB DDR4 ECC RAM, 4TB HDD RAID-5 (NVMe Cached), 20TB @ 1Gbps monthly traffic usage, 1 IPv4 address, 1 IPv6 address
    Let's do it now for €36,60/year VAT incl.

You can add SIIX, BGP Service and many other features.

DM for info.

Thanked by (1)ahnlak

C1V hosting: Italy's Leading Data Center | Unbeatable VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Colocation | Cutting-Edge Facilities in Pomezia | Where Your Success Takes Center Stage.
    🚀 VPN for €5/year 🚀 | Follow us on Telegram

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@DataRecovery said:

@ahnlak said:

This offer (affiliate link) looks like the best fit for all the requirements above. That's a ref, but it's more than well-deserved. I have one myself for quite a while, no complaints.

I've edited the post to add/disclose the link being affiliate info.
    Affiliate links should be disclosed.

Thanked by (1)ahnlak

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @bikegremlin said:

Sure, I'm aware of this rule. That's why I wrote "That's a ref, but it's more than well-deserved"
    Or that wasn't enough?

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • @DataRecovery said:

@bikegremlin said:

Sure, I'm aware of this rule. That's why I wrote "That's a ref, but it's more than well-deserved"
    Or that wasn't enough?

I have to admit, I read it as something more like "that's a rec(ommendation)" and didn't take in that it was an affiliate link. Then again, I just hovered over it, saw Serverica's name and went straight there (sorry!) so it all worked out :lol:

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • 1fichier is king in that price/size range, especially if using it from a residential IP

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@DataRecovery said:

@bikegremlin said:

Or that wasn't enough?

Apparently not.
    I thought it's a good idea to edit the post and write the comment, to avoid any misunderstanding, further discussion about that, and post flags.

Relja

Thanked by (1)host_c

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• I have a HostHatch 2023 10TB BF deal that I'd be interested in transferring at cost of remaining balance + transfer fee if you're interested. As I understand it, you'd take over the remainder of my term (through 2025-01) and then have the option to continue at the same rate.

Details:

• 10 TB Storage
    • 2 CPU Cores
    • 4 GB RAM
    • 40 TB Bandwidth
    • 2 year term at $300/year -> $12.5/mo (for 10TB!)
    • Billing cycle restarts on 2025-01

I outgrew it and moved most of my stuff to a dedicated box with more storage. :scream: