IX ports on LINX, AMS-IX and DE-CIX connected to dedicated server or VM

Currently I have a dedicated server in London and a 1G remote LINX port terminating on a VLAN on a separate network interface.

I was looking to expand to AMS-IX and DE-CIX but sadly my provider told me they have paused offering services on AMS-IX and can only offer a 10G service on DE-CIX with dedicated cross connect (bit out of my price bracket).

I think my requirements are pretty simple...

• I need dedicated 4 CPU cores, either a VM or a dedicated server
  • 25G disk space, preferably SSD
  • 8G RAM
  • 2 x IPv4 addresses and /64 IPv6 range with umetered 1G
  • Ability to upload my own ISO and install my own OS via VM webui or IPMI
  • Separate unmetered 1G ethernet interface for the IX, I don't mind if the IX is delivered over a VLAN on the interface; alternatively a VLAN on a single 10G interface which the IP's are on

As one can deduce, I am peering as close to the exchange as possible and tunneling traffic back to my network.

I'm currently paying £120.00 for the 1G LINX port (incl membership fee), £50 for a E3-1240 v5 dedicated server with a 240Gb SSD, 16G RAM and £1 for the extra IPv4 address.

Can anyone recommend providers that can assist me with a service like this?

I'm waiting on a few that were recommended to me on another forum for over a week now to get back to me, but so far it seems many advertise services that seem no longer available.

Comments

• Sounds like something you should discuss with @Rick

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• RickRick Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

@Brueggus said:
    Sounds like something you should discuss with @Rick

Rest assured that the two of us already got in touch :-)

Thanks for thinking about us.

Thanked by (1)Brueggus
  • SGrafSGraf Hosting ProviderServices Provider
    edited April 2

@nkukard said:
    Currently I have a dedicated server in London and a 1G remote LINX port terminating on a VLAN on a separate network interface.

I was looking to expand to AMS-IX and DE-CIX but sadly my provider told me they have paused offering services on AMS-IX and can only offer a 10G service on DE-CIX with dedicated cross connect (bit out of my price bracket).

I think my requirements are pretty simple...

• I need dedicated 4 CPU cores, either a VM or a dedicated server
    • 25G disk space, preferably SSD
    • 8G RAM
    • 2 x IPv4 addresses and /64 IPv6 range with umetered 1G
    • Ability to upload my own ISO and install my own OS via VM webui or IPMI
    • Separate unmetered 1G ethernet interface for the IX, I don't mind if the IX is delivered over a VLAN on the interface; alternatively a VLAN on a single 10G interface which the IP's are on

As one can deduce, I am peering as close to the exchange as possible and tunneling traffic back to my network.

I'm currently paying £120.00 for the 1G LINX port (incl membership fee), £50 for a E3-1240 v5 dedicated server with a 240Gb SSD, 16G RAM and £1 for the extra IPv4 address.

Can anyone recommend providers that can assist me with a service like this?

I'm waiting on a few that were recommended to me on another forum for over a week now to get back to me, but so far it seems many advertise services that seem no longer available.

We can do what you would like.
    Pick any dedicated server config you want from the MyRootPW site or open a ticket for a custom quote on whatever hardware you want.

Example Server config below:

E3-1230v3, 32 GB Memory, 1x 500GB SSD (or 4TB HDD), 25 TB Traffic@1Gbit/s, IPMI Access, BGP Session,... .....35 Euro per Month

This already includes a free Crossconnect to FrysIX (min 1Gbit/s, max 10Gbit/s) depending on the dedicated server ordered.

Amsterdam dedicated servers can get a VLAN/L2 Connection to the MyRootPW eqipment in Nikhef (https://www.peeringdb.com/fac/18) priced per Gbit/s at 35 Euro Month. This includes a second drop/switchport linked to your server and one SFP+ Port in Nikhef. (Additional SFP+ Ports in Nikhef are 5 Euro per addtional Port per Month).

Costs for Crossconnects in Nikhef are a one-time fee and are priced at "supplier cost" + 25 Euro Administrative fee (One-Time/Non-Recurring). We usually get a good rate for this.

This will allow you to pick up any IXP or IP-Transit service available in Nikhef. See the peeringdb page: https://www.peeringdb.com/fac/18

So your example calulcation would be:

• Server: 35 MRC
    • 1Gbit/s VLAN to nikhef: 35 MRC
    • 4 Switchports in Nikhef: (1 included, so 3x 5 MRC) => 15 MRC

.....Monthly recurring: 85 Euro

As always: Pricing excludes VAT, if applicable.

Let me know if there is anything else that i can assist with.

MyRoot.PW ★ Dedicated Servers ★ Web-Hosting ★ LIR-Services ★
    MrVM ★ Virtual Servers ★
    Blesta.Store ★ Blesta licenses and Add-ons at amazing Prices ★

• SGrafSGraf Hosting ProviderServices Provider

@SGraf said:
    Let me know if there is anything else that i can assist with.

Forgot to mention. For uplink instead of per TB, we can also do 95th percentile billing if you know your traffic patterns.

MyRoot.PW ★ Dedicated Servers ★ Web-Hosting ★ LIR-Services ★
    MrVM ★ Virtual Servers ★
    Blesta.Store ★ Blesta licenses and Add-ons at amazing Prices ★