Looking for a VPS from Singapore or India

Specifications: 1vCPU, 2GB RAM, DDoS protection, Reliable Uptime, 500GB Data Transfer.

or

I want two VPS, one with 512MB RAM and another with 1GB RAM

Max Budget - 5USD a month, I dont prefer yearly payments!

Comments

• Two different requirements below:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/194118/small-vps-needed

Two more here.

What exactly are you looking for, or are we just here to waste time?

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @vyas said:
    Two different requirements below:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/194118/small-vps-needed

Two more here.

What exactly are you looking for, or are we just here to waste time?

Same requirements both here and there, I have updated my requirements there below. You forgot to read the whole conversation! I can't help!
    I did not get any offers on LET so I posted here!

• vyasvyas OG
    edited April 14

Now that the intent is clearer…

@leapswitch may be on higher side budget wise but worth a try also check with @MikeA

• @vyas said:
    Now that the intent is clearer…

@leapswitch may be on higher side budget wise but worth a try also check with @MikeA

Leapswitch has good specs but it adds to 860INR after tax, almost twice my budget.
    I will message @MikeA to see if he has any offers for me!
    Btw... have you used ExtraVM before..... if yes, what was your experience?
    I can compromise a bit with specs but reliability and uptime are super imp for me!

Thank you!

• ExtraVM - @MikeA - is solid and you'll be happy with them (assuming the specs are OK).
    Likewise you can also reach out to Webhorizon - @Abdullah - and see if you can get something that suits you.

In case you're OK waiting till about the 25th (for yearly or multi-year deals), you could very well get a Singapore VM from @hosthatch who are expected to have their anniversary sale around then.

OVH also has an introductory 1 year plan for VPSs (for NEW customers only) - that may also suit your needs.

Thanked by (1)Abdullah
  • @nullnothere said:
    ExtraVM - @MikeA - is solid and you'll be happy with them (assuming the specs are OK).

I don't do anything heavy, I just use it for hosting a public DNS resolver, pingvin-share which will be used by around 400 classmates of mine and I will be running a psychiatry blog!
    So decent enough specs should do fine!

In case you're OK waiting till about the 25th (for yearly or multi-year deals), you could very well get a Singapore VM from @hosthatch who are expected to have their anniversary sale around then.

I can wait till 25th, I will see if I get any good offer, if not I will grab one from hosthatch!

Thank you!

• @anagha said:

@nullnothere said:
    ExtraVM - @MikeA - is solid and you'll be happy with them (assuming the specs are OK).

I don't do anything heavy, I just use it for hosting a public DNS resolver, pingvin-share which will be used by around 400 classmates of mine and I will be running a psychiatry blog!

I can wait till 25th, I will see if I get any good offer, if not I will grab one from hosthatch!

Thank you!

Note the HostHatch offer will be yearly or multi, not monthly - just like GreenCloud. GC also has some solid yearly deals such as the SG 2222, BudgetKVM2-SG and Ryzen7950-SG, all below $30/yr. Nothing beats that imo.

• @sh97 said:

@anagha said:

@nullnothere said:

Thank you!

Note the HostHatch offer will be yearly or multi, not monthly - just like GreenCloud. GC also has some solid yearly deals such as the SG 2222, BudgetKVM2-SG and Ryzen7950-SG, all below $30/yr. Nothing beats that imo.

I want to get greencloud vps, offers are very very good! But their website is pulling me down. It looks so dated, I am not saying that its a bad thing but I am not getting that confidence to trust them because it kind of signifies how serious they are!

Thanked by (1)ElonBezos
  • @anagha said:

@sh97 said:

@anagha said:

@nullnothere said:

Thank you!

I want to get greencloud vps, offers are very very good! But their website is pulling me down. It looks so dated, I am not saying that its a bad thing but I am not getting that confidence to trust them because it kind of signifies how serious they are!

As a user of GC for 2+ years, I can vouch they are rock solid - I've just had one outage so far, which was a 5-10 min downtime from a planned maintenance. Their support is pretty fast too, and they give you options of 2 upstreams - CDN77 in SG-DC1 and Leaseweb Asia in SG-DC2.

Sure, their website is a bit meh, but they are launching a new, revamped Cloud Platform sometime in the near future.

As others mentioned, the other options at SG are @Abdullah / @MikeA / @Kuroit

• @sh97 said:
    Sure, their website is a bit meh, but they are launching a new, revamped Cloud Platform sometime in the near future.

Thats great, I will grab one offer from them itself. What about ipv4 addresses, they offer clean ips naa?

• @anagha said:

this is so silly!
    wasting the time of everyone who has given him advices.

Thanked by (2)vyas sh97
  • @ElonBezos said:

@anagha said:

this is so silly!

Don't be so insensitive, everyone has their prefernces! world does not revolve around your likes itself! come out of your bubble. Live and let others live!

• @anagha said:

@sh97 said:

Thats great, I will grab one offer from them itself. What about ipv4 addresses, they offer clean ips naa?

Depends on the subnet you get, I've bought 3 services from them so far (now I only have a single 1010), all 3 were on different ones, all clean, ie not on any blacklists.

• @anagha said:

@ElonBezos said:

@anagha said:

this is so silly!

Don't be so insensitive, everyone has their prefernces! world does not revolve around your likes itself! come out of your bubble. Live and let others live!

I mean, there are plenty of reviews from people praising them here on LES/OGF that you can use as a preference, which is less subjective than if you judged them just by the looks of their website.
    But in the end, you are free to make your own choice and I will respect it.
    Good luck finding your provider!

disclaimer: i have no connection whatsoever with GCV :)

Thanked by (1)nullnothere
  • @ElonBezos said:

@anagha said:

@ElonBezos said:

@anagha said:

this is so silly!

I mean, there are plenty of reviews from people praising them here on LES/OGF that you can use as a preference, which is less subjective than if you judged them just by the looks of their website.
    But in the end, you are free to make your own choice and I will respect it.
    Good luck finding your provider!

disclaimer: i have no connection whatsoever with GCV :)

I am not judging them but I am wondering about their motivation. If I would have run a vps company, I would focus on every small thing that makes user experience better! And UI is forefront of perception. These small things tell a lot of about motivation and how they want to run their business. For example - take google itself, their material design or even slack!

https://bootcamp.uxdesign.cc/the-importance-of-visual-design-enhancing-user-experience-and-aesthetics-8d68caf11398

Btw.... I have bought a vps from them some hours ago!

• @anagha said: ... not judging ... their motivation ... every small thing that makes user experience...

There were/are plenty of summer (and multi-year) hosts who have "better" websites blah blah blah and yet don't manage to run a tight ship. Look for substance (and a lot of that is reasonably well vetted by members here and elsewhere) - so as already pointed out by @ElonBezos (and @vyas as well) - you need to do your homework on what suits you.

Thanked by (1)sh97
  • @nullnothere said:

@anagha said: ... not judging ... their motivation ... every small thing that makes user experience...

There were/are plenty of summer (and multi-year) hosts who have "better" websites blah blah blah and yet don't manage to run a tight ship. Look for substance (and a lot of that is reasonably well vetted by members here and elsewhere) - so as already pointed out by @ElonBezos (and @vyas as well) - you need to do your homework on what suits you.

I have done my homework and that's why I am clear about my preferences. I want a provider who offers good user experience with good service reliablity. Take for example speedypage itself, they have good UX and good service too! They are just out of my budget! You are seeing things only from one perspective! You should be a fan of product not a company, only constructive criticism leads to development!

• vyasvyas OG
    edited April 14

The above conversation makes me miss the old Virmach website.

Only Ramhost comes close.

• @vyas said:
    The above conversation makes me miss the old Virmach website.

Only Ramhost comes close.

Ramhost is dope 🤯

Jokes apart I like v6node too.... their in house control panel is soo good!

• Hosthatch
    Shockhosting