AWS Experience

What's your experience with aws?
Mine is bad cause i just got charged 100€ for free bandwidth.

Tagged:

Comments

• There's definitely more to your story which you may not be sharing.

My experience with all cloud providers is that there is a pepper justification for all charges.

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • vyasvyas OG

@localhost said:
    There's definitely more to your story which you may not be sharing.

My experience with all cloud providers is that there is a pepper justification for all charges.

Lets let rants begin. Story will unravel

Squats are the new Push-ups

• edited May 4

@localhost said:

well there really isn't much more to share i created a lightsail instance and supposedly i overused 1.6TB bandwidth but that aint possible. anyways moral of the story: There Ain't No Such Thing as a Free Lunch!

• @KenTech said:

@localhost said:

well there really isn't much more to share i created a lightsail instance and supposedly i overused 1.6TB bandwidth but that aint possible. anyways moral of the story: There Ain't No Such Thing as a Free Lunch!

So aws is lying? Did you reach out to them for clarification? What makes you say you didn't use any excess bandwidth unless you terminated the instance and kept it like that

• edited May 4

@KenTech said:

@localhost said:

Check if your vps credentials were compromised. Contact AWS customer service and get details such as bandwidth used daily and other logs.

Personally I am still using AWS lightsail, ot costs me under $3 per month for India VPS.

And my AWS account is over four years old.

• edited May 4

@localhost said: a pepper justification for all charges

A salt and pepper justification for all charges. Dip the breadcrumb in the salt, then dip it in the grinded pepper. Top quality meal, on a shoestring budget. :relieved:

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • @KenTech said:

@localhost said:

What were you using the server for?
    Did you have any onboard bandwidth monitoring software installed on your instance?
    Did you reach out to AWS to ask them to justify the excess bandwidth? They usually have a daily usage graph to show input and output bandwidth you used.

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.