DirectAdmin or cPanel which one is better in your opinion?

edited May 6 in General

DirectAdmin or cPanel which one is better in your opinion?

Poll
  1. DirectAdmin or cPanel which one is better in your opinion?46 votes
    1. DirectAdmin
      47.83%
    2. cPanel
      52.17%
Tagged:

Comments

• LOL! Those 50-50 votes!

Thanked by (1)KenTech

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• AuroraZeroAuroraZero Retired

7 Dolls

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• vyasvyas OG

@AuroraZero said:
    7 Dolls

Race to 50 posts

Squats are the new Push-ups

• They're both equal.

• @Joseph said:
    They're both equal.

Let's keep it at that, shall we? :lol:

Thanked by (1)KenTech

• @somik said:

@Joseph said:
    They're both equal.

They already managed to lose the 50/50 tie. So mission failed i guess.

• @KenTech said:

@somik said:

@Joseph said:
    They're both equal.

They already managed to lose the 50/50 tie. So mission failed i guess.

Nope, they are back at it!

Keep it up guys, I know you can do it!

You forgot HestiaCP

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @AuroraZero said:
    You forgot HestiaCP

true true

• seems like LES thinks that DirectAdmin panel is better!

• @KenTech said: seems like LES thinks that DirectAdmin panel is better!

People vote for what they use, not what's better. cPanel is superior to DA, but due to cPanel's drastic price increase, more and more hosts have started to offer DA web hosting. So, there's that.

Thanked by (3)webcraft KenTech imok
  • @Mumbly said:

@KenTech said: seems like LES thinks that DirectAdmin panel is better!

People vote for what they use, not what's better. cPanel is superior to DA, but due to cPanel's drastic price increase, more and more hosts have started to offer DA web hosting. So, there's that.

I guess it depends on your definition of 'better'. I have lot of customers say that they like DA because it gets the job done quick and easy. The job from their point of view is getting a wordpress up and running and then never touch it again.
    cPanel may have shitloads of features but in reality, 99.9% of users are not interested in them.

Thanked by (1)skorous
  • LittleCreekLittleCreek Hosting Provider

I am less pleased with DirectAdmin at the moment because they have violated their license agreement with their lifetime license holders. Big discussion over at the DA forum.

LittleCreekHosting.com

@Mumbly said:

@KenTech said: seems like LES thinks that DirectAdmin panel is better!

Having used both I definitely do not agree with that.

LittleCreekHosting.com

• edited May 7

@rcy026 said: I guess it depends on your definition of 'better'. I have lot of customers say that they like DA because it gets the job done quick and easy. The job from their point of view is getting a wordpress up and running and then never touch it again.
    cPanel may have shitloads of features but in reality, 99.9% of users are not interested in them.

Yeah, it definitely depends on the definition of "better". For example, "it have less featues and it's less customizable, but many people who are interested in wordpress only don't need all that anyway" doesn't make it superior. It's just say that it's good enough for many people.

• edited May 7

@Mumbly said:

@rcy026 said: I guess it depends on your definition of 'better'. I have lot of customers say that they like DA because it gets the job done quick and easy. The job from their point of view is getting a wordpress up and running and then never touch it again.

Yeah, it definitely depends on the definition of "better". For example, "it have less featues and it's less customizable, but many people who are interested in wordpress only don't need all that anyway" doesn't make it superior. It's just say that it's good enough for many people.

oh but i would be able to just spin up a simple html website with DA right?

• @KenTech said: oh but i would be able to just spin up a simple html website with DA right?

... just like with any other web hosting control panel, even the free ones.

• vyasvyas OG

@AuroraZero said:
    You forgot HestiaCP

Why not PotatoCP

Thanked by (1)ehab

Squats are the new Push-ups

@vyas said:

@AuroraZero said:
    You forgot HestiaCP

Why not PotatoCP

They lost their edge when they boycotted Vodka!

Thanked by (2)Mumbly KenTech

• @Mumbly said:

Well, less features and less customizable is surprisingly often a pro, not a con. Why pay for features that you don't want and never will use? I would not call it "good enough", I would actually say it's better for a lot of people.

If you need something that is highly customizable and have a shitload of features then it is better for you, but to be honest, 99% of customers out there never uses 99% of the features and they have no interest in customizing anything.

Questions like these can never be answered unless we define what "better" means and in what scenario.

Thanked by (1)skorous
  • edited May 8

My answer to this is the same as before. That isn't academic debate. In reality, we both understand the meaning better (superior in terms of features, customization, maturity of product, etc) from a tech aspect in those debates on a tech forum.
    Anything else is just arguing for the sake of argument where you state the obvious (If you don't use a certain feature, then that feature doesn't add additional value to you - no shit... really?) and this can be quite tiresome, so I'm not playing that game.

This is like asking which is better iPhone or Android. Android is better for ME but iPhone might better for you. It depends on your use and what you are comfortable with as an individual. Neither one is better for everybody.

LittleCreekHosting.com

• Hah, those "arguments".
    inb4 someone says:
    "If you know how to do things manually, have time to do it, and prefer it that way, it's better to not have a control panel at all."

I use both, and they both get the job done, but I prefer cPanel over DirectAdmin except for the price. DirectAdmin has improved significantly in the last five years, but it still isn't quite as advanced as cPanel, which is most likely the best-made web hosting control panel on the market. The only one that comes close is Plesk.

• cPanel has been my favorite panel for years, but after the first pricing change in 2019, my choice became DirectAdmin.

DirectAdmin provides the end user with basically everything they need, and most importantly, they continue to add requested features, unlike cPanel which just continues raising pricing and adding useless features like SiteJet.

Looking at the last 5 or so major releases from cPanel, you really won't see anything worth noting, yet pricing continues to increase and providers are profiting less and less.

cPanel in my opinion is on the verge of pricing itself out of the market and they will only have greedy shareholders to blame and the shareholders won't care because they will just move on to the next profitable investment.

SimpleSonic - We Make Fast... Easy!
    New High Performance Economy Shared Hosting Plans Available As Low As $1.46/mo

Mountain is better!!!

Thanked by (1)Freek