IncogVPN - Seeking beta testers - WireGuard, Ad-Blocking, Multi-Profile, Internal Networking, more!

MannDudeMannDude Hosting Provider
edited July 8 in General

IncogVPN has been a long, ongoing project that is finally nearing availability. Want to help test it out before we make it available publicly? Selected users will get access to all locations for a full year, completely free of charge after we launch. For this beta, you will only have access to our Allentown, Pennsylvania location for testing.

Some features of IncogVPN:
- Based on Wireguard. Can use the official Wireguard apps for easy use.
- Blocks ads, trackers, and other garbage by default at the DNS level.
- Blocking is done in-house, on our own blocklists which will be public. (Sourced from public lists and refined as needed)
- Option to add and remove profiles per each location.
- Each profile will have it's own scannable QR code for easy setup, as well as a downloadable .conf file
- Optional internal networking between your profiles in one location. (Ex: You get an internal /24 and can use it to allow multiple devices to communicate with one another.)
- Optional port forwarding (at an added cost, unavailable for beta)
- No traffic or DNS logging
- No hard data caps
- Optional speed upgrades.
- Final packages will be offered in speed tiers and profile limit per location. (This part isn't set in stone)

Available locations after launch:
- Liberty Lake, Washington, USA
- Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Kansas City, Missouri, USA
- Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA <--Beta location
- Staten Island, New York, USA
- Miami, Florida, USA
- Bissen, Luxembourg
- Naaldwijk, Netherlands

(Potential for an APAC region location and another EU location by end of year.)

We're close to launch and just wanting a handful of testers to report any issues with the blocklist, performance concerns, and general feedback. I'll be watching resource usage and testing some recently created internal tools for things like adding/removing entries to the blocklist, monitoring for potential abuse (based on bandwidth thresholds), etc.

Once ready publicly and available in all locations, the blocklist will be made public and updated regularly for anyone who wishes to use it for their own needs (your own installment of pi-hole, ad guard home, etc).

How to sign up for the beta:

READ THIS FIRST!
- All "orders" (It's free) are manually activated. There is no automated setup. You MUST PM me your email address used, otherwise your order will be deleted and not activated.
- Only one beta per user.
- Your account on this forum must be at least a month old.
- If you don't use it, you lose it. This beta is meant to measure usage. Don't request a beta if you're not going to actually use it.
- If you don't know how to use a Wireguard VPN, please don't try to access the beta. I will not help you set this up on your laptop or phone or VPS. (There will be documentation for this later, but it's not yet available)
- The beta can end at any time. For you, or for everyone. There is no guarantee it'll last a long time.

Make your request here: https://portal.incognet.io/store/multi-peer-wireguard/incogvpn-allentown-pa

Your beta account will give you 3 peers that you can create in Allentown, PA , speeds up to 2,500Mbps (Which will be the "Pro Plan" speed, or likely the max speed we actually offer across the board), and internal /24 you can use for your devices (Maybe you want to access your home media control panel from your mobile via 10.0.1.2, or restrict SSH access on your VPS to your Wireguard IP? It's a useful feature), "BS Blocking" DNS by default (in-house DNS, in-house blocking). Feel free to replace with Quad9, Cloudflare, or whatever DNS you prefer if you don't want to use it.

If you have questions or need help, open a ticket and I'll create a KB article to help you.

[ IncogNET LLC ] - Privacy By Design
We believe that privacy and freedom of expression are two very important things, so we offer solutions to accessing and publishing content safely.
[ USA: Liberty Lake, WA | Kansas City, MO | Allentown, PA ] [EU: Naaldwijk, NL ] [ CL Shared | KVM VPS | VPN | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names ]

Comments

• Good job, will give it a shot during weekend :)

• PM sent :#

The old VPN stopped working some time ago, will be great to compare before and after

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • buyvm locations 👀

• MannDudeMannDude Hosting Provider

@marcopolio said:
    buyvm locations 👀

Yep. We're announcing our IPs in their 4 locations.

Thanked by (1)marcopolio

We believe that privacy and freedom of expression are two very important things, so we offer solutions to accessing and publishing content safely.
    [ USA: Liberty Lake, WA | Kansas City, MO | Allentown, PA ] [EU: Naaldwijk, NL ] [ CL Shared | KVM VPS | VPN | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names ]

• Happy to see the "side" projects coming to fruition!

Thanked by (1)MannDude
  • "in-house" dns does not work for me. switched to "DNS = 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4", works!

• edited July 8

@lapua said:
    "in-house" dns does not work for me. switched to "DNS = 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4", works!

Might have to check the 0.0.0.xx 11 > 12

• Is torrenting allowed?

• edited July 8

@vercubynal said:
    Is torrenting allowed?

Yes, but only if you use private trackers. ~ aka i found it in the knowledge base

• Working prem!

• crunchbitscrunchbits Hosting Provider

@MannDude said:
    READ THIS FIRST!
    - All "orders" (It's free) are manually activated. There is no automated setup. You MUST PM me your email address used, otherwise your order will be deleted and not activated.

Requesting one. Hungdaddy at aol dot com

Thanked by (2)MannDude ChrisMiller
  • Great service.

@lapua said:
    "in-house" dns does not work for me. switched to "DNS = 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4", works!

Can you check now? I think I see what the issue was.

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Hosting ProviderOG

Not a 100% Accurate test since I got stuff running but still getting good speeds!

Good Job @MannDude

Thanked by (1)MannDude

Requests have been approved!

• North Korea GeoIP available? (or will that be part of the future build-out?)

• @MannDude said:

Requests have been approved!

Thanks, @MannDude

• You've been blocked by network security.
    To continue, log in to your Reddit account or use your developer token

If you think you've been blocked by mistake, file a ticket below and we'll look into it.

=====

This is Reddit for me on wire guard... Sigh

• @MannDude , so far, it works perfect , thanks !

Thanked by (1)MannDude
  • @localhost said:
    You've been blocked by network security.

If you think you've been blocked by mistake, file a ticket below and we'll look into it.

=====

I get same message on Reddit even with private VPN.

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • @dev_vps said:

@localhost said:

=====

I get same message on Reddit even with private VPN.

Oh I see. Never realized that...

• Looks interesting, but I'll just wait for the blocklist. During the previous beta I tested both IKEv2 and WireGuard, they were good, I found I just don't need VPN services like this though.

btw, the services created during the previous beta are still "Active" in my account, is it possible to mark them as cancelled? Just asking.

• @localhost said:

=====

I think they are blocking a wide range of datacenter IPs. Almost none of my servers I use for proxy/VPN can access reddit without logging in.

Thanked by (1)localhost

@iKirby said:

@localhost said:

=====

I think they are blocking a wide range of datacenter IPs. Almost none of my servers I use for proxy/VPN can access reddit without logging in.

Use old.reddit.com

The new reddit blocks data center IPs and is gaudy to look at. Using old.reddit.com gives you the classic look and can be used with a VPN. :)

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

The most important thing with VPNs is that the provider is trustworthy.
    That's why I'm happy to see this getting built.
    Thank you and good luck with the project.

Thanked by (4)sh97 vyas MannDude localhost

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• howhow
    edited July 9

@localhost said:

=====

You can login.

Thanked by (1)localhost

I believe everyone who requested should be activated now.

Any issues or comments so far?

• @MannDude said:
    Use old.reddit.com

The new reddit blocks data center IPs and is gaudy to look at. Using old.reddit.com gives you the classic look and can be used with a VPN. :)

Sadly old.reddit.com has the same policy as the main domain as of now, it just returns a different (old) 403 page.

Thanked by (1)lapua

@iKirby said:

@MannDude said:
    Use old.reddit.com

Sadly old.reddit.com has the same policy as the main domain as of now, it just returns a different (old) 403 page.

Interesting. I'm actually connected to a different location, different subnet but still IncogNET IPs and AS210630 and I've never had issues.

I'll add that to my to-do list, see which subnets they block and don't. The /24 that we have splintered into 4x /26's across BuyVM's locations work fine on old.reddit.com (but blocked on their new design). Not much we can do, that's reddit just being reddit though.

• @MannDude said:

Use old.reddit.com

This is the first thing I tried. No go.