NatVPS Migration to KVM Platfrom

received an email from NatVPS about 3 days ago:

Embracing KVM: A Leap Forward for Your Hosting Experience!

We're thrilled to announce that we're transitioning our hosting platform from OpenVZ-7 to KVM virtualization. This significant upgrade will bring a host of benefits to your hosting experience.

The reason for this migration is not only the numerous benefits of KVM virtualization but also the fact that OpenVZ-7 is no longer maintained and is practically an End-Of-Life platform. As you probably have experienced, we have had numerous issues with OpenVZ virtualization platform which include but not limited to: frequent VM corruption, IPv6 connectivity issues, broken server rebuilds, limited client side controls, ... . Migration to KVM virtualization will provide a stable platform that not only resolves the aforementioned issues but also in conjunction with much more modern VirtFusion control panel, provides a feature-rich interface that provides access to a plethora of features including superior performance due to direct hardware access and minimal overhead, much more secure servers because of isolated kernels, complete server monitoring and statistics interface, domain/port forwarding, IPv6 address management, hostname control, ... .

As part of this migration process, a number of changes will be applied:

• All the current OpenVZ-7 services will be transitioned to KVM virtualization.
• All the clients with 128MB RAM services will be migrated to 256MB RAM service for free.
• Some locations will need to be discontinued because of feasibility concerns as KVM virtualization takes much more resources. These locations include: South Africa, Chile, Hong Kong, Poland, and Switzerland. The active services in these locations will be recreated on one of our other locations.
• Los Angeles & New York will be consolidated to a single location within US for feasibility.
• Clients will get at least 10 days to move their data or make backups of them.

Estimated start date for KVM plans implementation: 4th October 2024
Estimated finish date: 20th November 2024

We're committed to providing you with the best possible hosting experience, and this transition to KVM is a major step in that direction. More details and exact schedule for each location will be communicated later on.

Best regards,  

what a pity thing is HongKong will no longer exist.

Comments

• edited October 6

I've been one of Web Horizon's customers since 2021 and very satisfied with the service. NAT VPS in most locations like Japan, Canada are extremely stable ( > 99% uptime). In the meantime many providers discontinued their products or even businesses, but Web Horizon at least survived or even expanded.
    There were some problems as the email mentioned, but @Abdullah swiftly responded to my tickets, effectively solved some, as for those needed extra efforts he explained clearly and recorded carefully.

Wish Web Horizon continue to flourish.

Thanked by (1)JonyBee

MicroLXC is lovable. Uptime of C1V

• @bliss said:
    I've been one of Web Horizon's customers since 2021 and very satisfied with the service. NAT VPS in most locations like Japan, Canada are extremely stable ( > 99% uptime). In the meantime many providers discontinued their products or even businesses, but Web Horizon at least survived or even expanded.
    There were some problems as the email mentioned, but @Abdullah swiftly responded to my tickets, effectively solved some, as for those needed extra efforts he explained clearly and recorded carefully.

Wish Web Horizon continue to flourish.

it is correct.I have 7~8 tiny servers with NatVPS and three of them are HongKong Servers.these servers are very decent with rare low prices.it seems that the upstream in HongKong is Hosthatch.I don't know whether it is possible to keep these servers @Abdullah ,but upgrade to KVM is a huge leap definitely.

Thanked by (1)bliss
  • AK_KWHAK_KWH Hosting ProviderOG

its been almost a year i m offering similar offers but Upgrade to KVM its a big challange for every provider on Lowend with 3-4$/Year price @Abdullah you did your best mate <3

KhanWebHost Cheap Shared Hosting | Cheap KVM VPS (DE,UK,US,FR) | KVM Sale - LES Offers