micro usb Socket 180 Degrees - where to get in EU? [RESOLVED]

InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
edited November 2019 in Technical

Hi Folks,

I need a micro usb Socket 180 Degrees, I can get them from china/hong kong no problem but it takes so long to arrive.

Long story short a magpie (bird) attacked one of my security cameras and damaged the port.

Prime Suspect:

Seems the type of USB port I need is not common here, I mean the main external/visible part is obviously, but the connection to the circuit inside the camera battery is not.

Note the positioning of the 5 pins.

If anyone has any spares or knows where to order them in the EU that would be great, I will order some from china anyway but i would like to not wait 30 - 50 days for delivery.

I have just soldered another cable on to the back of the board to charge the 18650 cells but that's going to be a pita to bring home and do every week as I wont be able to connect it to the solar panel like that.

I had been managing to position the cable 'just right' all summer but now in windy season its no good and it keeps failing.

https://inceptionhosting.com
Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

Thanked by (1)Janevski

Comments

• BF/CM - Buyer Beware. Conduct your own due diligence on the sustainability of the deals presented here as well as the provider's track record.

• Can't help with the USB socket but what cameras are you running if you don't mind me asking? I presume they run from a 12v source?

• I have reported that bird to the police, you should not have to put up with this.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
    edited November 2019

MUCHAS GRACIAS!

ordered... although I may or may not have about 300 of them on the way from 30 different sellers in china, splitting my bets on delivery times haha.

Thanked by (2)Adam ITLabs

edited November 2019

@Mr_Tom said:
    Can't help with the USB socket but what cameras are you running if you don't mind me asking? I presume they run from a 12v source?

Argus pro 2's, 5v

They run on 2 x 18650's (LR1865sK) and a 3.6 to 5v stepper and BMS inside a big fancy case to make it look worth the £35 per battery when you know they only cost £5 to make haha.

They are motion activated so the battery with horses walking past every few minutes 24x7 still lasts a week.

Thanked by (1)Mr_Tom

• Thanked by (1)Janevski

BF/CM - Buyer Beware. Conduct your own due diligence on the sustainability of the deals presented here as well as the provider's track record.

@Adam said:
    I have reported that bird to the police, you should not have to put up with this.

Thanks, I have actual footage of the bird fucking the camera up.

when you see what they look like, you can imagine the bird was mighty confused though, diminished responsibility?

Going to buy the camo covers for them to stop it happening again.

• @AnthonySmith said:

@Adam said:
    I have reported that bird to the police, you should not have to put up with this.

Thanks, I have actual footage of the bird fucking the camera up.

when you see what they look like, you can imagine the bird was mighty confused though, diminished responsibility?

Going to buy the camo covers for them to stop it happening again.

Add some strain relief on the cable. Otherwise your port will be damaged again. Tie down the cable close to the mounting bracket. Dont leave it hanging. Simple cable ties and cable clips can do the job of tie-down.

Thanked by (2)InceptionHosting mikho

If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is. Blink twice if you agree.