Scaleway's C2 & ARM64 Instances end-of-life

From Email:
C2 & ARM64 Instances end-of-life — Migrate now to Virtual Instances & Bare Metal cloud servers

As of December 1 st, 2020, our C2 and ARM64 Instances will reach their end-of-life. The physical servers hosting them are indeed randomly affected by several stability issues, which prevent us from fully guaranteeing the overall quality of service. Rest assured, however, that we are committed to guiding you in your migration and provide you with the best matching resources for improved stability, performance and reliability.
Starting from April 16th, 2020, it is no longer possible to create new C2 and ARM64 Instances. In addition, their support will end on July 1st, 2020. As a result, our technical assistance will no longer address issues related to those instances. A price increase is also to be expected on July 1st, 2020. Lastly, C2 and ARM64 Instances will be completely deprovisioned as of December 1st, 2020.

Thanked by (1)benj0x

Comments

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

shame, not many ARM offers about these days.

Thanked by (4)benj0x WSS Janevski Emmet

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

I was kind of thinking of spinning up one just for the hell of it. Guess that goes straight to hell.

Thanked by (2)Ympker Janevski

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• The C2 Instances are top notch for bandwidth intensive applications. A pity to see them go.

• @benj0x said:
    The C2 Instances are top notch for bandwidth intensive applications. A pity to see them go.

They still offering x86 cores with unlimited bandwidth for 3euro/m

Action and Reaction in history

• @elliotc said:

@benj0x said:
    The C2 Instances are top notch for bandwidth intensive applications. A pity to see them go.

They still offering x86 cores with unlimited bandwidth for 3euro/m

But not with such high port speeds :(

• Sad. I liked those ARM processors.

• edited April 2020

@elliotc said: They still offering x86 cores with unlimited bandwidth for 3euro/m

Where? I only see Start-2-S-SATA @ €9. (OOS) :(

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

I'd be pretty miffed about a we're forcing a migration and will charge you more for best matching resource mail.

Compute prices are supposed to go down not up and forced migration to me implies at least a token "lets throw them a bone".

Thanked by (1)Janevski
  • I suppose I expected this for a long time and that's why I never cancelled C2 which is sitting around idling. It's nice of them to give this much notice. In fact it sounds like people who want them still have a day or two to spin them up. Or, if there is a way to transfer them and if someone particularly wants my C2, I don't mind parting with it since I haven't been using it, other than occasional fooling around.