Set up VPS to circumvent CG-NAT

edited April 2020 in Technical

Hello LES,

I learned about you guys from this post.

https://medium.com/@gabriel.bentara/ngrok-you-might-not-need-it-de4e3e34a55d

Background
* My older ISP provided me with the dedicated DHCP of public addresses.
* I used Dynamic DNS service from duckdns.org to get a domain name that tracks the IP i was provided by my ISP. Say mydomain.duckdns.org.
* I have port forwarding at my router, which easily route the requests to my server.
* I use a nginx reverse proxy on my server that routes requests to appropriate instances based on subdomain used such as subdomain1.mydomain.duckdns.org, subdomain2.mydomain.duckdns.org etc.
* I used Lets-encrypt to obtain certificates that allowed me to use HTTPS for web.

Situation
* I recently switched ISPs, this one uses CG-NAT. Thus I no longer have a public IP address anymore, I am likely behind multiple routers by the ISP.
* My existing setup is no longer accessible from web.
* I'd like to circumvent the CG-NAT, by using a SSH tunnel link to my server and routing the traffic through it.
* I tried signing up at mrvm.net, but think I screwed up things as a result, my services of a VPS is categorized as 'Fraud'

Is there a guide on how to set things up correctly? I am assuming the VPS IP is going to be constant, may be I can setup a cron to update my dynamic IP whenever the VPS IP changes.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Noble

Comments