[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Daevien said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Yahoo it's AMSD030X ! B) Can I keep it? Pretty please. =)
    Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to when Ryzen Migrate return to NL. ;)

Hmm, so it worked for you? I had thought it was extra picky but now I'm concerned as to why I failed the security check for any future services I want to buy lol

I did change providers recently but everything else is same and even using 2factor lol

Anti-fraud is pretty terrible at actually doing much. Lots of false positives and false negatives. No solution. One of my passion projects was just to come up with a better antifraud system but I obviously don't have any time to do anything like that. I'm interested to see why you got flagged specifically, can I have the order ID?

@gritty said:
    Does anyone know how to solve this problem? This Virmach's vps cann't be connectd now

Was this after Ryzen migrate button press?

@AlwaysSkint said:

@gritty said: Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

.. and you have provided absolutely sod all information that will help us try to figure it out/help.

Hey, he provided more than a lot of customers normally would. I've seen all of the following as actual descriptions for the issue:

• vps can't install
    • why am I paying for this it doesn't even work
    • my vps is gone
    • what is my vps ip
    Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint FrankZ
    edited October 2022

@AlwaysSkint said:

@atomi said: .. let existing customers burn in new nodes..

Gateway is pingable but Solus HTML5 VNC doesn't attach to node and VMS doesn't boot up (to netboot.xyz ISO).

I just added it a few minutes before posting that so templates are still syncing and ... let me see what's up with VNC.

(edit) Fixing VNC, I swear I thought I fixed that already. It's the SolusVM bug I keep forgetting to patch every time I set up a new node. Looks like I forgot to hit enter on the last bit.

• @VirMach said:
    I had a TLDR written for this but lost it. Basically I have an idea to let existing customers burn in new nodes we deploy so we find any issues we missed that may appear from "natural" usage.

Ordered with Debian 11. The order process was fine. Was provisioned an 1CPU, 1GB RAM, 25GB disk, 1GB traffic on a AMS node. Was marked as offline. Went into the control panel and tried to boot it. Nothing. Re-installed with Debian 11. Still not coming up. Tried Debian 10. Not still offline. Tried VNC, unreachable. Tried remote echo request (PING) to make sure it wasn't being misreported by control panel, no response. Tried CentOS 8, still not up. Tried a couple power offs, boots, and what not.

edited October 2022

@atomi said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Gateway is pingable but Solus HTML5 VNC doesn't attach to node and VMS doesn't boot up (to netboot.xyz ISO).

Same problem, I also noticed that client panel says AMSD030X but its RYZE.AMS-D001.VMS in Solus. I'm not sure if numbers should match but they usually do

It just means I can't type. (edit) or think.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:
    I had a TLDR written for this but lost it. Basically I have an idea to let existing customers burn in new nodes we deploy so we find any issues we missed that may appear from "natural" usage. It's essentially a 14 day trial service of NVMe1G and it may otherwise go down or have issues, no support, guaranteed data loss. You can abuse it all you want though as long as you're not committing a crime (as in, high CPU or I/O is fine. But we can still suspend it if we want to, not that it matters.)

https://billing.virmach.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=217

Coupon code IUNDERSTANDWHATIMORDERING

I got "You must have an active product/service to use this code" error when I applied the Promo code so it did not remove the setup fee. Was logged in to my account and I do have an active service

• So I've run the usual thing I would run on VPS. :p

root@KaleidoscopicBurlywood-VM:~# wget -qO- yabs.sh | bash
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-08-20                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Mon 03 Oct 2022 10:36:46 AM EDT

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 2 minutes
    Processor  : QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3693.062 MHz
    AES-NI     : ❌ Disabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 976.4 MiB
    Swap       : 256.0 MiB
    Disk       : 24.6 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-8-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 461.72 MB/s (115.4k) | 469.18 MB/s   (7.3k)
    Write      | 462.94 MB/s (115.7k) | 471.65 MB/s   (7.3k)
    Total      | 924.66 MB/s (231.1k) | 940.84 MB/s  (14.7k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 1.06 GB/s     (2.0k) | 999.29 MB/s    (975)
    Write      | 1.11 GB/s     (2.1k) | 1.06 GB/s     (1.0k)
    Total      | 2.17 GB/s     (4.2k) | 2.06 GB/s     (2.0k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 938 Mbits/sec   | 887 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 936 Mbits/sec   | busy
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 941 Mbits/sec   | 941 Mbits/sec
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 641 Mbits/sec   | 364 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 873 Mbits/sec   | 426 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 766 Mbits/sec   | 198 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 793 Mbits/sec   | 254 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1123
    Multi Core      | 1118
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/17714764

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @VirMach said:

@atomi said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

Same problem, I also noticed that client panel says AMSD030X but its RYZE.AMS-D001.VMS in Solus. I'm not sure if numbers should match but they usually do

It just means I can't type. (edit) or think.

I think it must the first one since that package has only 1GB of bandwidth. You cannot think anyone could proceed a normal testing with such a abnormal amount of data transfer :wink:

• JabJab
    edited October 2022

^ also can confirm 1GB bandwidth...

This virtual server has been suspended by the administrator. Please contact your service provider for details
    :D

At least this part works, even got a nice e-mail with all the details.
    Product/Service: TEMPORARY TEST SERVER RISK OF DATA LOSS
    Domain: KaleidoscopicBurlywood-VM
    Amount: $0.00 USD
    Due Date: 11/03/2022
    Suspension Reason: Bandwidth Overusage
    Your service was suspended due to using up the bandwidth for this month. You can contact our support to purchase more bandwidth or wait until the bandwidth resets on the 1st of the month.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @VirMach said:
    Anti-fraud is pretty terrible at actually doing much. Lots of false positives and false negatives. No solution. One of my passion projects was just to come up with a better antifraud system but I obviously don't have any time to do anything like that. I'm interested to see why you got flagged specifically, can I have the order ID?

Yeah, I've worked with hosting and registrars before, so I realize how terrible it can be. 674914 is the first one, tried a couple others so it failed cc, paypal & virmach credit even, just no payment method at all from me that it likes right now lol

• Ordered with Debian 11. The order process was fine. Was provisioned an 1CPU, 1GB RAM, 25GB disk, 1GB traffic on a AMS node. Was marked as offline. Went into the control panel and tried to boot it. Nothing. Re-installed with Debian 11. Still not coming up. Tried Debian 10. Not still offline. Tried VNC, unreachable. Tried remote echo request (PING) to make sure it wasn't being misreported by control panel, no response. Tried CentOS 8, still not up. Tried a couple power offs, boots, and what not.

Whatever changed shortly after fixed it, re-installed with Debian11. System, config, and connectivity appears good now.

• it's free! Thank you! Trying out some disk/cpu actiivty should be fun!

However, and not to be greedy, but would you consider making the limit 100GB, or maybe exclude in-network traffic ?

• @Jab said: So I've run the usual thing I would run on VPS.

@Virmach Note that AES-NI is disabled - big performance deficit. ;)

Thanked by (1)skorous

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• SolusVM template that says "Passthrough" isn't.
    [Ryzen Compatible] Debian 11 (64-Bit) Debian 11 (Bullseye.) Generation 2 w/ ext4 filesystem. VirtIO disk driver. Host Passthrough CPU. This is a default SolusVM template collected from the Template Distribution Network, and is not modified in any way. It may require immediate basic security hardening and will be minimal in nature. SSH Port: 22

Template doesn't pass through, and so lacks AES-NI

• I have a tiny VPS on PHXZ004 idling all the time just triggered an email imforming me it was suspended due to bandwidth overuse. It was a BF flash deal plan and the bandwidth actually is as low as 125GB if I remember correctly so it could have fallen victim to some sort of attack and got it all burnt up ( or maybe the configuration messed up during migration or IP switching and I didn't pay attention ).
    I don't think I'm gonna appeal for it. It's just kinda infuriating not be able to inspect how or when it ran out of bandwidth as either whcms or solusvm won't allow me to see stats and graph at all when service isn't active.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @erk said:

SolusVM template that says "Passthrough" isn't.
    [Ryzen Compatible] Debian 11 (64-Bit) Debian 11 (Bullseye.) Generation 2 w/ ext4 filesystem. VirtIO disk driver. Host Passthrough CPU. This is a default SolusVM template collected from the Template Distribution Network, and is not modified in any way. It may require immediate basic security hardening and will be minimal in nature. SSH Port: 22

I noticed this too, you have to install alma first, then Debian.

Thanked by (1)erk
  • @VirMach said:

@gritty said:
    Does anyone know how to solve this problem? This Virmach's vps cann't be connectd now

Was this after Ryzen migrate button press?

after click migrate button, it shows migrate fail. but the page changed to "Virtual server not found"

i create a ticket #460492, can you help me solve this problem and active this sever? thanks a lot

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2022

@fluttershy said:

@erk said:

SolusVM template that says "Passthrough" isn't.

I noticed this too, you have to install alma first, then Debian.

You are correct. Installed Alma8 template and I show

Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3693.062 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 810.5 MiB
    Disk       : 24.3 GiB
    Distro     : AlmaLinux 8.3 (Purple Manul)
    Kernel     : 4.18.0-240.15.1.el8_3.x86_64

EDIT: Why do I find myself saving the order number for everything I order these days?

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• edited October 2022

^Yup, I concur. I couldn't get netboot.xyz to play nicely, so booted Alama and flags are set.
    Awesomeness..

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 421.66 MB/s (105.4k) 675.59 MB/s (10.5k)
    Write 422.77 MB/s (105.6k) 679.15 MB/s (10.6k)
    Total 844.43 MB/s (211.1k) 1.35 GB/s (21.1k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 971.87 MB/s (1.8k) 2.50 GB/s (2.4k)
    Write 1.02 GB/s (1.9k) 2.67 GB/s (2.6k)
    Total 1.99 GB/s (3.8k) 5.18 GB/s (5.0k)

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 940 Mbits/sec | 940 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 937 Mbits/sec | 932 Mbits/sec
    Hybula | The Netherlands (40G) | 941 Mbits/sec | 941 Mbits/sec
    Uztelecom | Tashkent, UZ (10G) | 809 Mbits/sec | 426 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 873 Mbits/sec | 252 Mbits/sec
    Performing IPv4 iperf3 send test to Clouvider (Attempt #2 of 3)...Connection to 47.87.xxx.xxx closed by remote host.

Followed by sadness..

Suspension Reason: Bandwidth Overusage

• williewillie OG
    edited October 2022

14 day burn-in

I think the big providers qualify new hardware configs for months before opening them up to non-beta users. 14 day burn in is for new installs of hw configs that have already been qualified. It sounds like the hw issues in this thread came from configs that were flaky to begin with, so 14 days wouldn't be nearly enough of a burn-in.

I certainly hope that all these emergencies resolve and things get near normal again. At that point it's worth doing some reflection to figure out what went wrong and how it can be prevented going forward. Postmortems are a usual procedure after any significant outage.

• Well there's that.

@jbiloh said:

Because this host is clearly experiencing some challenging times we are going to remove the "Top Host" designation. Should they return to the community, and should the community vote them as a "Top Host" in a future provider poll they will be eligible to receive the honor again.

• Using the VNC terminal I changed eth0 to ens3 and bam! it started working. However you will see that the SolusVM in the migration tool broke it.

thanks

• @skorous said:
    Well there's that.

Yeah, well. The mods & admins there can't even admit they aren't neutral towards providers and play favourites / make situations worse for those they dislike. So it's not really a surprise they would take this step in my opinion.

Totally no idea why hostile / biased / out right hostile admins & mods leads to a cess pool of a forum. goes to collect eyes from them rolling so hard

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited October 2022

Our friend jbiloh removed Virmach's "Top Host" on the OGF, even though he said they are still talking internally on adding an expiry date for the "Top Host" tag.

But hey, he claims he isn't singling out Virmach... And he wonders what possibly could be the reason Virmach doesn't post there anymore. What a joke.

Edit: Ah I didn't go to page 107 before posting, looks like it was already mentioned lol.

Thanked by (2)skorous FrankZ
  • edited October 2022

^ Never mind, there will still be the incessant pseudo Pidgin English posted by mui. :/

• Hi everyone, my VPS from SEAZ007 has seamless changed the IP, thanks Virmach!

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • @AlwaysSkint said:
    ^ Never mind, there will still be the incessant pseudo Pidgin English posted by mui. :/

Yeah, the one that claims he dropped service cause it was taking too much time to do anything but posts paragraphs a day about it.. Must be worth his time somehow to do that.....

I check a couple things there but avoid most threads, just irritates me for no good reason.

Thanked by (3)AlwaysSkint skorous FrankZ
  • Because this host is clearly experiencing some challenging times we are going to remove the "Top Host" designation.

This is bad optics for LET admins. The part that came before was reasonable:

Virmach received "Top Host" designation after the community voted them as such many years ago. Internally we (admins and mods) have discussed this and will be making some changes so that such designations are not "for life" but expire after X years.

I assume LET admins will remove the "Top Host" designations from all providers who have held it as long or longer as VirMach.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Fun YABS from my Los Angeles VM:

Uptime     : 0 days, 15 hours, 27 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 3 @ 3693.062 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 9.0 GiB
    Disk       : 24.3 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-17-amd64

Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 403.23 MB/s (100.8k) | 2.11 GB/s    (33.0k)
    Write      | 404.29 MB/s (101.0k) | 2.12 GB/s    (33.1k)
    Total      | 807.52 MB/s (201.8k) | 4.23 GB/s    (66.1k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 3.57 GB/s     (6.9k) | 6.54 GB/s     (6.3k)
    Write      | 3.76 GB/s     (7.3k) | 6.98 GB/s     (6.8k)
    Total      | 7.34 GB/s    (14.3k) | 13.53 GB/s   (13.2k)

Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 711 Mbits/sec   | 326 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 790 Mbits/sec   | 358 Mbits/sec  
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 719 Mbits/sec   | 576 Mbits/sec  
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | busy            | 45.7 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 884 Mbits/sec   | 639 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 899 Mbits/sec   | 611 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 915 Mbits/sec   | 941 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 1253                          
    Multi Core      | 3178                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/17658717

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
This discussion has been closed.