Dedicated Server, 3-4TB disk, Europe, £30ish

Comments

• @terrahost - Please help out. Make @Nekki an offer he can't refuse.

Thanked by (2)ehab Ganonk

How are you... online?

• @root said:
    @terrahost - Please help out. Make @Nekki an offer he can't refuse.

Wait til he pulls his 100TB disk out

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • @jmgcaguicla said:

@root said:

My pussy is quivering.

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • @jmgcaguicla said:

@root said:

Thanked by (2)Nekki ehab

How are you... online?

• I wonder if you can do a small colo somewhere. 4tb is a laptop disk these days.

• @willie said:
    I wonder if you can do a small colo somewhere. 4tb is a laptop disk these days.

I’ve never colo’d. Maybe I should..

• rootroot OG
    edited October 2022

@willie said:

The question is: how many datacentres accept a laptop, or a Raspberry Pi 4 with an USB HDD.

How are you... online?

• Well you'd put the laptop disk into an SFF PC like a NUC or whatever the current version is called. Rpi 4's are impossible to find these days, and don't meet the cpu requirement which I assume is for transcoding.

• @root said:

@willie said:

The question is: how many datacentres accept a laptop, or a Raspberry Pi 4 with an USB HDD.

@DataIdeas will take your Pi 4 or let you rent theirs.
    Starting at $7.50/month.

Thanked by (1)dartagnan

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• https://www.feralhosting.com/pricing
    I've used it, the network is very good, but I don't know if there are any discounts for the festival in terms of price, you can pay attention to it
    (This may not meet the needs of the OP, this is just my personal sharing)

• @spiritlhl said:

Is this what the world has come to now?

• @spiritlhl said:
    https://www.feralhosting.com/pricing
    I've used it, the network is very good, but I don't know if there are any discounts for the festival in terms of price, you can pay attention to it

What kind of expensive shit is this? Ultra.cc has cheaper pricing and faster network.

@Nekki checkout ultra.cc for their cheaper plans. 50 gig network too. Singapore, Canada and NL as locations.

Team push-ups!

• williewillie OG
    edited October 2022

@yoursunny said: @DataIdeas will take your Pi 4 or let you rent theirs.

Thanks for the tip about this, it is a good deal, but I think it is Texas only. They charge $3.50 extra for a board-powered USB HDD or $7.50 for one that needs additional power, iirc. Info here: https://my2.dataideas.com/store/addons

Thanked by (1)hoseajsap
  • @Astro said:

@spiritlhl said:

What kind of expensive shit is this? Ultra.cc has cheaper pricing and faster network.

@Nekki checkout ultra.cc for their cheaper plans. 50 gig network too. Singapore, Canada and NL as locations.

I've got a couple of Ultra.cc plans.

But I don't need a seedbox. I don't know why seedboxes are even being discussed.

• @Nekki said:

@Astro said:

@spiritlhl said:

But I don't need a seedbox. I don't know why seedboxes are even being discussed.

I mean if the pricing suits you - you can throw on a bunch of self hosted apps on ultra.cc plans with 50 gig network

Team push-ups!

• @Astro said:

@Nekki said:

@Astro said:

@spiritlhl said:

I mean if the pricing suits you - you can throw on a bunch of self hosted apps on ultra.cc plans with 50 gig network

I can’t run everything I want to run on a seedbox. If I could, I wouldn’t be asking for a dedicated server.

• KuroitKuroit Hosting Provider

@Nekki said:
    I need a new dedi. My once cheap PebbleHost server is no longer as cheap because the bloody Tories devalued the £ so much and is also a touch underpowered.

I’m pretty much out of the game so I like to see what’s out there ahead of BF.

So I’m looking for:

• CPU with 5kish passmark, preferably an i5 or i7
    • 4GB RAM+
    • Any combo of disks to get me to 3-4TB usable
    • Any European location
    • 4TB of inbound data first month, 1-2TB total data after that.
    • 1Gbit shared connection
    • I’d like it to cost around £30/month.

I am banned from buying from Hetzner and OVH can suck my bumhole.

Suggestions and offers most welcome.

Happy to provide same config as Storage VDS with Ent. HDD on Raid 5 if you're interested.
    HydraCom with Corero DDoS Protection

LG: https://uk.lg.kuroit.com/

https://www.kuroit.com - Managed cPanel Hosting & VPS Hosting in UK

• @Kuroit said:

@Nekki said:
    I need a new dedi. My once cheap PebbleHost server is no longer as cheap because the bloody Tories devalued the £ so much and is also a touch underpowered.

I’m pretty much out of the game so I like to see what’s out there ahead of BF.

So I’m looking for:

• CPU with 5kish passmark, preferably an i5 or i7
    • 4GB RAM+
    • Any combo of disks to get me to 3-4TB usable
    • Any European location
    • 4TB of inbound data first month, 1-2TB total data after that.
    • 1Gbit shared connection
    • I’d like it to cost around £30/month.

I am banned from buying from Hetzner and OVH can suck my bumhole.

Suggestions and offers most welcome.

Happy to provide same config as Storage VDS with Ent. HDD on Raid 5 if you're interested.
    HydraCom with Corero DDoS Protection

LG: https://uk.lg.kuroit.com/

Thanks for the offer but I’d prefer a dedicated server.

• @Nekki said:

@Lee said:

@Nekki said: because the bloody Tories

Reported to the Mogg. Nanny is coming for you.

If it wasn't for the swearing ban I'd use some delightfully fruity wording to describe that absolute disgrace of a human being.

He has six kids. Six. Can you believe that? Can you believe someone let that human beanpole empty his sack into them six times? The mind boggles. At least we've probably seen the last of him in Government.

ok who's nanny?

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• edited October 2022

[redacted]

• @root said:

title pls

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • @terrorgen said:

@Nekki said:

@Lee said:

@Nekki said: because the bloody Tories

Reported to the Mogg. Nanny is coming for you.

If it wasn't for the swearing ban I'd use some delightfully fruity wording to describe that absolute disgrace of a human being.

He has six kids. Six. Can you believe that? Can you believe someone let that human beanpole empty his sack into them six times? The mind boggles. At least we've probably seen the last of him in Government.

ok who's nanny?

The object of Mogg’s secret sexual fantasies.

• Why you banned from Hetzner?

Team push-ups!

• @Astro said:
    Why you banned from Hetzner?

For regularly ordering servers and then cancelling them within 14 days.

• @Nekki said:

@Astro said:

How many times did you cancel? Asking for a friend.

Thanked by (1)Falzo
  • @dosai said:

@Nekki said:

@Astro said:

How many times did you cancel? Asking for a friend.

A lot, I didn’t remember how many. Maybe 20-30 times over 3-ish years?

I did actually rent servers in that period so it’s not like I cancelled every single one and they had plenty of money off me, but I guess something flagged somewhere along the line.

Support were very polite and danced around the point a bit but essentially they said that I should expect disks to look like crap, they would replace them if they failed and if that wasn’t good enough I shouldn’t purchase anything from the auctions going forwards.

• edited October 2022

essentially they said that I should expect disks to look like crap, they would replace them if they failed and if that wasn’t good enough I shouldn’t purchase anything from the auctions going forwards.

huh? so, hardware from auction server expected to have less/bad performance???

• @rizkiv1 said:

essentially they said that I should expect disks to look like crap, they would replace them if they failed and if that wasn’t good enough I shouldn’t purchase anything from the auctions going forwards.

huh? so, hardware from auction server expected to have less/bad performance???

Well, yes - they’re old stock bring repurposed so won’t be as good as the normal servers - that’s why they’re typically a lot cheaper.

• @Nekki said: Fun spec, but inc VAT well out of my price range unfortunately.

For what it's worth, Scaleway haven't charged VAT to UK customers ever since Brexit officially went through. They probably should, but as a UK resident I am not complaining.

When I attempted to find out why, I found a support article which states
    "If you are not located in one of the 27 member states of the European Union, no other tax will be added to your invoice, per application of EU laws."
    Funnily enough, that number of member states on the page was 28 prior to 2021. They seemingly give no fucks about UK tax laws.

Thanked by (1)Ganonk
  • @Erisa said:

@Nekki said: Fun spec, but inc VAT well out of my price range unfortunately.

For what it's worth, Scaleway haven't charged VAT to UK customers ever since Brexit officially went through. They probably should, but as a UK resident I am not complaining.

When I attempted to find out why, I found a support article which states
    "If you are not located in one of the 27 member states of the European Union, no other tax will be added to your invoice, per application of EU laws."
    Funnily enough, that number of member states on the page was 28 prior to 2021. They seemingly give no fucks about UK tax laws.

I’ve found a few European-based companies stopped charging VAT after we left the EU, I’m not entirely clear why - perhaps there’s no longer a legal obligation to collect VAT on behalf of the UK, so they don’t?

Thanked by (2)Erisa Ganonk