[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

Okay V6 fits pretty much all the normal constraints after I normalize the numbers into wholes.

• $5 above what netrix requested.
    • $40 above GreenCloud promo, makes sense if it was a very good offer and not on Ryzen.
    • Double price of 2020 $8.88 special which got scalped hardcore.
    • Then $55 for kuroneko23's $58 request, this one stayed around here for the most part.
    • Fluttershy request is $40 a year and $64 per 2 years.
    • Spec512 comes out exactly $22 which I like very much.
    • All prices for old specials come out above the old price since they have more BW.
    • Spec 2048 goes from $55 to $45
    • Spec 4096 goes from $88 to $70
    • Spec 8192 if added would be $108
    • Jab stays around $60
    • Flying_Chinaman original request $111 and second $75.50 (couldn't get it to go higher, sorry)
    • Then yoursunny specials are $14.69, $19.06, and $33.13 which is good considering also has IPv4
    Thanked by (2)FAT32 FrankZ

@Jab said:
    Anyone tried migration to Frankfurt lately? I tried like 2 weeks ago, it was returning 500.
    I would like to migrate one VPS, but I would need to add money first and there is no reason to add money if transfer not working!
    also there is no reason to add 3$, so I would need to add like 20$... and that would make me vulnerable to BF deals!

Eh, decisions, decisions, decisions.

It got "fixed" for the 348th time yesterday

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

@Jab said: also there is no reason to add 3$, so I would need to add like 20$... and that would make me vulnerable to BF deals!

Some guy added like $1000 in funds in $10 increments or something stupid like that so I had to raise the minimum. Oh yeah like $2000 in chargeback fees.

• @VirMach said: Some guy added like $1000 in funds in $10 increments or something stupid like that so I had to raise the minimum. Oh yeah like $2000 in chargeback fees.

People don't stop to amaze me, in the wrong way of course.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint FrankZ

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

Okay so this was the actual idea:

Configurator that allows you to pick exactly what you want, instead of messy flash deals in the way they were. We either need to add a bunch of validators and limits, or we can let people go crazy with it as long as we are allowed to step in if you go too crazy and provide you a refund without people complaining which is essentially impossible.

So I think I should release it as a "beta" where people try to find the weirdest specifications or do all the shady things they want but I'm trying to figure out how to do that where we preserve actual costs and give it away for free or basically everyone knows it will be refunded, or maybe we just send an email hey don't use this for 7 days we'll extend your service, within 7 days we'll either cancel/refund or you get to keep it.

• JabJab
    edited October 2022

@VirMach said: we are allowed to step in if you go too crazy and provide you a refund without people complaining which is essentially impossible.

Chargeback on top of refund, mostly because "FUCK YOU" and sometimes because "YOUR REFUND TAKES TOO LONG, CHARGEBACK WILL BE FASTER" or "I DIDN'T READ EMAILS, YOUR PROBLEM NOW"

Also this seems like fucking impossible to balance nodes... one guy with 120$ will probably hog like 1/4 of resources (because he don't need RAM, but he needs CPU or the other way around) and everyone gonna be pissed off because of him.

I like your idea, but no one in the world is running this for a reason. :-)

edited October 2022

Now here's one big problem:

RAM price. We settled at $5 per 1GB per 2 years, but if we do it by MB increments it means half a cent which WHMCS doesn't support and if we do per 1GB then 1GB is the least you can get. If we do per 512MB it works but then it'll look gross unless we code something out specifically for it which we've done... 8 years ago if I can remember. If we do that then we can actually just do it in like 32MB increments technically.

Dropdowns = no cool slider and I have to basically add in every conceivable amount people would want.

Bandwidth, same thing but a little less confusing if we just go in 100GB increments.

edited October 2022

@Jab said: I like your idea, but no one in the world is running this for a reason. :-)

Validator idea goes something like this:

• For every CPU core, must have at least 2GB RAM, which means to get 2 cores you need 2GB minimum and so on
    • For every 35GB of disk, must have at least 1GB RAM
    • Port speed autoscale: optional idea but you get 200Mbps auto port seed per 512MB

Keep it all based on RAM for it to be easier. Maybe for the CPU one given the plans people were interested in we could do 1GB minimum instead. Then 35GB disk and 1 Core can both be tied to 1GB RAM. Port speed might as well be tied to RAM too, 1GB or more RAM = 1Gbps. Less = 500Mbps.

Limits would have to look like:

• 16GB RAM
    • 1TB Disk
    • 8 Core CPU
    • 20TB BW
    • 8 IPv4

Let me know if anyone disagrees.

• so, the thing that make price go up in here is RAM?

then, what about smaller RAM plan, something like webhosting24 Ryzen SG KVM:

512MB DDR4 RAM
    7GB NVMe SSD
    1 vCore Ryzen CPU
    250GB @ 1Gbps
    1x IPv4 & /112 IPv6
    $20/2YR or $15/1YR + 10$ fee

@netrix said: 512MB DDR4 RAM
    7GB NVMe SSD
    1 vCore Ryzen CPU
    250GB @ 1Gbps
    1x IPv4 & /112 IPv6
    $20/2YR or $15/1YR + 10$ fee

This would be $19.70 per 2 years and $12.31 per year

Thanked by (1)netrix
  • JabJab
    edited October 2022

@VirMach said: Validator idea goes something like this:

Sorry - then this will mostly look like pre-defined offers if CPU/RAM/DISK are tied up in such simple ratios and you will get 'wiggle room' only for bigger shit, which knowing those kind of sliders offers will probably end cheaper to just go +1 on everything.
    Plus can WHMCS even handle that many different types of products? Will you add all those types to CD images etc? This seems like PITA to handle.

I know that you love BF (and we fucking too!), but I have a feeling this year you should kinda avoid more manual work and wild experiments :P [Especially that there is like 25 days left?]

edited October 2022

@Jab said:

@VirMach said: Validator idea goes something like this:

Sorry - then this will mostly look like pre-defined offers if CPU/RAM/DISK are tied up in such simple ratios and you will get 'wiggle room' only for bigger shit, which knowing those kind of sliders offers will probably end cheaper to just go +1 on everything.
    Plus can WHMCS even handle that many different types of products? Will you add all those types to CD images etc? This seems like PITA to handle.

It's one product.

What would it have to be for it not to feel that way? Just so we basically stop someone from going out of bounds to the extreme.

Maybe just the lower and upper limits will be enough. Thing is just like video games someone will figure out how to break it so it's best I guess we break it now than later.

What about increments? If possible:

32MB for RAM
    5GB? 10GB? for Disk
    1 Core for CPU
    100GB for BW
    1 for IPv4

• How about do some Machine Learning?

The bot will randomly generate some specs and price, where you can rate the price from (priced too low) 1 to 5 (priced too high). With such information, it can train to generate a price that is just nice to what you would expect to happen

until edge cases happen, which you might need some safety check

Thanked by (2)yoursunny FrankZ
    edited October 2022

Upper bounds testing:

If 16GB for RAM, that would mean 16GB, 5GB disk, 1 CPU, 5GB Disk, 100GB BW, 1 IPv4 for $96.70/2YR

If 8 Core for CPU, that would mean 32MB RAM, 1 CPU, 5GB Disk, 100GB BW, 1 IPv4 for $72.86/2YR

If 20TB for BW, that would mean 32MB RAM, 1 CPU, 5GB Disk, 20TB BW, 1 IPv4 for $56.66/2YR

If 1TB for disk, that would mean 32MB RAM, 1 CPU, 5GB Disk, 100GB BW, 1 IPv4 for $118.76/2YR

If 8x IPv4, that would mean 32MB RAM, 1 CPU, 5GB Disk, 100GB BW, 8 IPv4 for $72.87/2YR

Can anyone think of any reason someone would decide to order such a thing? I guess if they do with these bounds though we'd be comfortable honoring it.

@VirMach said: If 16GB for RAM, that would mean 16GB, 5GB disk, 1 CPU, 5GB Disk, 100GB BW, 1 IPv4 for $96.70/2YR

@VirMach said: If 8 Core for CPU, that would mean 32MB RAM, 1 CPU, 5GB Disk, 100GB BW, 1 IPv4 for $72.86/2YR

I assume these two could be the most dangerous, but CPU has itself covered with fair use. Memory, not so much. Would max 8GB be too restricting? Or would it fit 99% of use cases. What about 6 cores?

• FAT32FAT32 OG
    edited October 2022

That just translated to

• $5/GB RAM
    • $8/CPU
    • $0.1/GB Disk
    • $2/TB BW
    • $8/IP
  • virmach, You can archive the old cancel order which many many years ago to speed your website.

It is so boring that pages of old orders are in my web panel.

edited October 2022

@FAT32 said:
    That just translated to

• $5/GB RAM
    • $8/CPU
    • $0.1/GB Disk
    • $2/TB BW
    • $8/IP

Correct, the prices will be laid out when ordering. RAM-heaviest was $7 or so. CPU heaviest was $15 or so. Disk-heaviest was $0.30 or so. BW heaviest was $7 or so. IP heaviest was around $12 or so.

(And for those formulas obviously something else went down.)

Thanked by (1)FAT32

@nightcat said:
    virmach, You can archive the old cancel order which many many years ago to speed your website.

It is so boring that pages of old orders are in my web panel.

We added this some time ago, I'll try to see when it broke and if we can fix it.

edited October 2022

It would overall work better if we can cap it as follows, unless someone has a compelling case where they'd need more for a special? This way everyone gets flexibility and no validation and based on everyone's replies so far it would fit all those use cases. And make for stable nodes.

8GB RAM
    500GB NVMe
    6 CPU
    20TB BW
    4 IPv4

• @nightcat said: It is so boring that pages of old orders are in my web panel.

Just click 'Active' and it will load active only next time you click "Services".

@Jab said:

@nightcat said: It is so boring that pages of old orders are in my web panel.

Just click 'Active' and it will load active only next time you click "Services".

Yeah we used to have to tell that to people a few times a week but it sucks WHMCS just resets it constantly.

• 100GB NVMe SSD
    4 vCore
    4GB Ram
    4TB @ 1Gbps
    1x IPv4

edited October 2022

@risturiz said:
    100GB NVMe SSD
    4 vCore
    4GB Ram
    4TB @ 1Gbps
    1x IPv4

$82.08 per 2 years or $51.30 per year. Oh wait that's V3

$78 per 2 years or $48.75 per year.

Thanked by (1)risturiz
  • @VirMach said: WHMCS just resets it constantly.

Probably resets when you touch the sidebar :3

Anyway I think it mostly works lately - as I am logging in everyday and I don't recall I had to click Active too many times. I am more pissed that my session can't stand longer than a day and I need to 2FA everyday :D

• A typical standard server of

• 1GB RAM
    • 1 CPU
    • 25GB NVMe
    • 1TB Bandwidth
    • 1 IPv4

is now $25.5/2yr

I won't say it is insane, but it is decent enough.

With a little bit of tweak for RAM-heavy use cases:

• 4GB RAM
    • 1 CPU
    • 5GB NVMe
    • 100GB Bandwidth
    • 1 IPv4

for only $36.7/2yr, which translates to $1.53/m for 4GB RAM, not bad. I just feel the bandwidth might be a bit undervalued, probably need to x2 or x3 for JP.

edited October 2022

@FAT32 said: for only $36.7/2yr, which translates to $1.53/m for 4GB RAM, not bad. I just feel the bandwidth might be a bit undervalued, probably need to x2 or x3 for JP.

Yeah that was the $7 bandwidth-heavy. Made it $2 mostly for @fluttershy

I'm not going to say what we get with xTom but Psychz quoted us $2000 per 1Gbps (or maybe $2200?)

So depending on how you count it that'd potentially be $8 per 1TB (per month not per 2 years.) Therefore to not undervalue it and assuming it'd be used that's $192 instead of $2

Thanked by (1)fluttershy
  • FAT32FAT32 OG
    edited October 2022

@VirMach said:
    I'm not going to say what we get with xTom but Psychz quoted us $2000 per 1Gbps (or maybe $2200?)

$2200 for 324TB, the cost is $6.79/TB/m, that's a loss for you, right?

edited October 2022

@FAT32 said:

@VirMach said:

$2200 for 324TB, the cost is $6.79/TB, that's a loss for you, right?

95th so technically, I mean... again we're assuming Psychz at which point we'd have no servers but something like 250TB then depending on your minimum and maximums and so on. But if it's in+out we technically could up to double it.

Except Tokyo is extremely spikey and way higher during the day so probably undouble it.

(edit) Actually here I got better numbers for you if you're interested. About 500TB both in and out (so it could be 300TB in, 200TB out for example) ends up adding up to about 2Gbps 95th. So assuming it's 200TB out for example, that means 2Gbps is not 640TB but instead 200TB.

So assuming $4000 that's $20 per 1TB per month or $240 per 1TB per year. But not everyone uses their entire allocation. So 120x higher than our formula.

Thanked by (1)FAT32
  • @Jab said:
    I would like to migrate one VPS, but I would need to add money first and there is no reason to add money if transfer not working!
    also there is no reason to add 3$, so I would need to add like 20$... and that would make me vulnerable to BF deals!

I've been VirMach'd again today. Added like 30$ so I could pay that 3$ transfer fee aaaaaand the server I decided I want to move have a free Redeploy button. I should have checked earlier!

• @VirMach said: IP heaviest was around $12 or so.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

512 MB Special was 7$ per year which comes with 1 IP. Could you lower it to $9?

smartass shitposting satirist

This discussion has been closed.