My Idlers - Self hosted web app for your servers, shared hosting and domains information

Comments

• AsimAsim OGServices Provider

@corbpie I found another issue which I have logged with possible solution
    https://github.com/cp6/my-idlers/issues/9

Thanked by (1)corbpie
  • @webcraft said:

@Asim said:

@webcraft said: Nice project to create a more up to date version for server monitoring but for now I still prefer https://github.com/seikan/NodeList which just looks nicer.

Awesome app, requires absolutely no database. I am still using it. Few issues are (as far as I have noticed)

1) No way to specify IPv6. The IP field isnt long enough to save an IPv6 address even in the short form
    2) Works only on PHP 5.6. PHP 7.x+ gives "Internal Server Error" on all pages due to deprecated functions
    3) No way to export your data so once its there (and stored in json files), you cannot export them as CSV etc

1) yes, this is indeed an issue but can be fixed by manually editing the view

2) only two brackets need to be changed, then it's working again. It can be fixed by manually editing the includes/function.php#L27 (curly to square brackets).

3) https://json-csv.com/ not sure if the result is what you need though..
    it requires quite a bit of extra work but all in all my fave panel for now, still.

Thanks for this. Seems to work well. Haven't looked into changing the view for IPv6.
    Should probably send a pull request for the brackets and a view change ... :)
    I like the fact that it has user authentication built in. :)

I also tried @corbpie's Idlers (v1.2), but had some issues with getting this to work.
    Well, if I add VPSes without YABS output it works, but with YABS, it fails, error something like this (trimmed datestamps etc):

[STDERR] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: gb_s in /path../public_html/vps/class.php on line 3236
    [STDERR] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  in /path../public_html/vps/class.php on line 3236
    [STDERR] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to helperFunctions::intValue() must be of the type string, null given, called in /path../public_html/vps/class.php on line 3236 and defined in /path../public_html/vps/class.php:426
    Stack trace:
    #0 /path../public_html/vps/class.php(3236): helperFunctions->intValue(NULL)
    #1 /path../public_html/vps/calls.php(57): itemInsert->insertYabsData()
    #2 {main}
      thrown in /path../public_html/vps/class.php on line 426

Maybe it tries hard to parse the YABS and fails. (My yabs are the full -9 version, with everything, both GB4 and GB5.)
    I guess I should do some cleanup in the yabs dir.

Here I added the first without YABS, then added the second with YABS. After that, I can't add or do anything, anymore. (Same error repeated in log.)

2021-01-31 14:10:00.072665 [NOTICE] [3768263] [1.2.3.4:59412:HTTP2-15#APVH_www.my.domain.tld:443] [STDERR] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to helperFunctions::mhzToGhz() must be of the type string, null given, called in /path../public_html/vps/class.php on line 951 and defined in /path../public_html/vps/class.php:275

• @flips either the standard YABs command or the shortened network test (-r) are compatible

Thanked by (1)flips
  • @corbpie said:
    @flips either the standard YABs command or the shortened network test (-r) are compatible

Cool, should I just empty DB, or remove the last entry?

Also, can I just removed the multiple text files in the yabs dir?
    (Are they used/referenced after import, or just while importing?) :)

• flipsflips OG
    edited January 2021

Huh, I seem to have quite a few typos and bad grammar these days...
    Anyways, switching to yabs without GB4 worked. (Some older full yabs with one less network location failed.) :)

• corbpiecorbpie OG
    edited February 2021

@flips Yea you will just have to remove the DB entries for that corrupt id. Removing the files in yabs/ is fine they are just for viewing within the modal.

Im going to implement better error handling in the YABs inserter to prevent wrong YABs types/older YABs corrupting the queries.

Thanked by (1)flips

@corbpie lets put in a cleanup / housekeeping method (cron may be) to clean unnecessary yabs data + optimize tables etc

• @Asim said:
    @corbpie lets put in a cleanup / housekeeping method (cron may be) to clean unnecessary yabs data + optimize tables etc

No sure there is anything to clean up, YABs output saving can be turned off. The only thing that maybe might need it is pre-existing installations that have loose rows (disk + net speed & pricing) not belonging to any server-id.

I just did better handling for the YABs inserter then which means if the YABs output isn't correct then nothing will be inserted + saved which honestly was need from day 1.

Thanked by (1)Asim

Im user from day1, so there are more yabs in directories than there are servers, lol
    I need housekeeping

I'll create something quickly and then send a PR on GitHub

• corbpiecorbpie OG
    edited March 2022

I recently re-made this project onto the Laravel framework:

This will simplify development and most of the features from the original build are present in V2.

Using Laravel brings an API endpoint and the possibility to show servers publicly with certain parameters removed.

2.0 changes:

Unfortunately you cannot migrate your current install to the new 2.0 version

• Laravel framework (version 9).
    • Breeze authentication.
    • API GET for any of the CRUD data.
    • Labels (titles/desc) CRUD.
    • Misc services CRUD.
    • DNS CRUD.
    • Ip address CRUD.
    • Reseller hosting.
    • Added Operating systems to DB, Deleting and creating them now possible.
    • Make servers displayable public with config options to hide certain values.
    • Vue JS used where possible.
    • Datatables used on large tables (Locations, labels, and providers).
    • Added caching for home page and servers

Seeking a project sponsor

I am seeking at least a 1GB ram, Nvme VPS to host a demo installation of My idlers. In return you will get your provider as the default selection in the create forms, as well as in screenshots.

My idlers project sponsor

Thanked by (2)sahjanivishal webcraft
  • AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG
  • Hi thanks for awesome project, but after signup on ver 2 I got error Undefined array key 0

• IaaS - Idle as a Service
    You just pay people to run fully managed idle boxes for you. :relieved:

Thanked by (1)webcraft
  • Does anyone know of a project like this without a shitload of dependencies? I love the idea but I just broke 2 webservers trying to install version 2 since composer and php8 does not play nice at all with the rest of my sites. And why does it need mysql, I know I have a lot of idlers but not that many? Version 1 was great but had a few really annoying bugs, and since version 2 is out I guess there are no hopes of them ever getting fixed.

Thanked by (1)beanman109
  • I think adding uptime monitor would also be great

Team push-ups!

• @Astro said:
    I think adding uptime monitor would also be great

i am really considering adding this.
    if i get a sponsor it will make me more interested.

• @rcy026 said:
    And why does it need mysql, I know I have a lot of idlers but not that many?

You can use any PDO compatible database like sqlite or pgsql.

Thanked by (1)corbpie
  • edited November 2022

@webcraft said:

@rcy026 said:
    And why does it need mysql, I know I have a lot of idlers but not that many?

You can use any PDO compatible database like sqlite or pgsql.

Wow, talk about missing the point. :smile:

• @iandk said:
    I'm working on something similar :)

It's based on VueJS, a vanilla PHP backend and using simple json files for storage instead of a database.

Really liked the UI! Any info on this?

Thanked by (2)rcy026 beanman109
  • @rcy026 said: Does anyone know of a project like this without a shitload of dependencies? I love the idea but I just broke 2 webservers trying to install version 2 since composer and php8 does not play nice at all with the rest of my sites. And why does it need mysql, I know I have a lot of idlers but not that many? Version 1 was great but had a few really annoying bugs, and since version 2 is out I guess there are no hopes of them ever getting fixed.

+1 for something like this without shitty dependencies

• Or someone can share proper docker commands with sqllite db. Tried https://github.com/cp6/my-idlers/issues/71 but it does not worked

• @davi said: Or someone can share proper docker commands with sqllite db. Tried https://github.com/cp6/my-idlers/issues/71 but it does not worked

I struggled to get this working even with MariaDB so I doubt sqlite & it's un-documented-ness would be any better.

• @beanman109 said:

@davi said: Or someone can share proper docker commands with sqllite db. Tried https://github.com/cp6/my-idlers/issues/71 but it does not worked

I struggled to get this working even with MariaDB so I doubt sqlite & it's un-documented-ness would be any better.

Actually, I suspect the complete opposite. A SQLite database is just a file which can be located wherever you want on the filesystem. There are bindings for it for almost every language, and deployment is just copying any default DB into the right place (otherwise create the necessary tables on startup if they don't already exist).

• alentoalento Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

Honestly, I am running this, I mean idling this in PikaPods and it works great for $1 a month, with no fuss. I am loving it! I am actually just now populating it with data after 7 months.

But I have a question and comment for the author @corbpie that's you eh?

How do I actually add a YABS report?

I notice that when I add a new provider or location to the list, they simply just go to the bottom of the list ... how difficult would it be to re-alphabetize the lists?

Recommended providers: BuyVM - MXroute - LunaNode - Forpsi - IntoVPS
    Contact me for all of your Mail-in-a-Box email hosting needs at AnyDomain. I am also a proud reseller of MXroute email.

• @alento said: I mean idling this in PikaPods and it works great for $1 a month

I was going to set this up in a PikaPod but couldn't justify the $1 a month when I have idlers idling as it is.

Thanked by (2)alento webcraft
  • m4num4nu Hosting Provider

Just did an ad-hoc update on PikaPods to fix an issue with adding YABs benchmarks raised by @alento . Happy to have dedicated users, who push for improvements.

Thanked by (1)alento

Simple and secure Borg Backup hosting from $2/month: BorgBase.com

• alentoalento Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

@alento said: How do I actually add a YABS report?

I discovered that there was a known bug which was already fixed in a pull request. PikaPods updated and all works well now it seems. Thanks @m4nu for the amazing support!

Thanked by (1)m4nu

Recommended providers: BuyVM - MXroute - LunaNode - Forpsi - IntoVPS
    Contact me for all of your Mail-in-a-Box email hosting needs at AnyDomain. I am also a proud reseller of MXroute email.

• Sorry for the Necro!

Does anybody have a working docker compose which includes the SQL DB as well?

I tried a lot, but not able to run this using docker/docker compose.

• @sh97 said:
    Sorry for the Necro!

Does anybody have a working docker compose which includes the SQL DB as well?

I tried a lot, but not able to run this using docker/docker compose.

Hey @sh97, I've used this one from one of the issues on GitHub:

services:
      app:
        container_name: idlers-app
        image: ghcr.io/cp6/my-idlers:latest
        restart: always
        ports:
          - 8000:8000
        environment:
          DB_HOST: db
          DB_DATABASE: db
          DB_USERNAME: user
          DB_PASSWORD: pass

db:
        image: mariadb:latest
        container_name: idlers-db
        restart: always
        command: --character-set-server=utf8mb4 --collation-server=utf8mb4_unicode_ci
        environment:
          MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD: passRoot
          MYSQL_USER: user
          MYSQL_PASSWORD: pass
          MYSQL_DATABASE: db
        volumes:
          - ./db:/var/lib/mysql

Don't forget to run the database priming command after starting for the first time, or you'll run into other issues.

It's something like
    docker exec ... php artisan migrate:fresh --seed --force

but with the name of the container

Thanked by (2)FrankZ sh97
  • This doesn’t just have to be idle servers…? I mean technically you could use it to track all of your servers whether they’re idle or not from what I can see.

Right?