My Idlers - Self hosted web app for your servers, shared hosting and domains information

124»

Comments

• @huntercop said:
    This doesn’t just have to be idle servers…? I mean technically you could use it to track all of your servers whether they’re idle or not from what I can see.

Right?

That's correct!

• Would be good to see this grow and integrate with other solutions.

• @huntercop said:
    Would be good to see this grow and integrate with other solutions.

If you wanted something that actually has interaction with the servers https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/6660/servyrun-self-hosted-web-app-for-ssh-sftp-and-db-interaction

• @Wonder_Woman thanks a lot for that - got it working now :)

@corbpie - Dont know if this was discussed before, but is there a way to add custom values for providers and locations? For eg, some providers like Crunchbits, Hivelocity are missing... I'll look into creating a PR for some providers, but a custom insert would be nice.

Thanked by (1)Wonder_Woman
  • edited November 2023

@sh97 said:
    @Wonder_Woman thanks a lot for that - got it working now :)

No problem, glad I could help!

@corbpie - Dont know if this was discussed before, but is there a way to add custom values for providers and locations? For eg, some providers like Crunchbits, Hivelocity are missing... I'll look into creating a PR for some providers, but a custom insert would be nice.

Try going to the "More" dropdown menu, there should be an option for "Providers". It's also at /providers. You should be able to make adjustments to the provider list you've got there :)

EDIT: Also, a word of warning: Unfun things seem to happen if you accidentally enter things with identical fields. Like if you add two providers with the same name or two servers with the same IP. It doesn't stop you from doing it ;)

Thanked by (3)sh97 FrankZ Asim
  • @Wonder_Woman said:

EDIT: Also, a word of warning: Unfun things seem to happen if you accidentally enter things with identical fields. Like if you add two providers with the same name or two servers with the same IP. It doesn't stop you from doing it ;)

That's a feature. Not a bug. Imagine a common IP across all your servers.

• @Wonder_Woman said:

@sh97 said:

Try going to the "More" dropdown menu, there should be an option for "Providers". It's also at /providers. You should be able to make adjustments to the provider list you've got there :)

Thank you again. I was at work, so just had a quick glance, did not notice the option to create providers. Also thank you for the heads-up about the "features" 😉

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @localhost said:

@Wonder_Woman said:

That's a feature. Not a bug. Imagine a common IP across all your servers.

I understand what you're saying, but it should prevent you from doing it rather than what it currently does. Additionally, it's not impossible to have several servers with the same IPv4, there are plenty of NAT services available.

@sh97 said:

@Wonder_Woman said:

@sh97 said:

Thank you again. I was at work, so just had a quick glance, did not notice the option to create providers. Also thank you for the heads-up about the "features" 😉

You're welcome!

Thanked by (3)sh97 localhost FrankZ