VPN Unlimited/Keepsolid Lifetime being gradually phased out from Stacksocial?

2»

Comments

• @tetech said:

@Ympker said:

@Nekki said:

@tetech said:

@tetech said:
    Any comments on the current cheapest "lifetime" VPN other than FastestVPN? (I already have FastestVPN)
    Looks like ivacy is $40.

Looks like RealVPN and SlickVPN still $20 lifetime. Any good reasons not to use RealVPN?

I read some reviews from a couple of years back that said SlickVPN was hot garbage - slow speeds, very few locations and issues with the mobile apps including a lack of features like split tunnelling. It may well have improved since then but I haven't found anything more recent.

Back then, I only heard bad things about slick, too.

Realvpn is pretty new and I remember someone saying they only have IKEV2?!

Oh, from their help pages it looks like you are correct that RealVPN only have IKEv2. Hmm.

I didn't find a lot of recent reviews of either of them. I'll be using it on a VPS so not too worried about mobile apps.

I signed up for RealVPN. It is IKEv2-only. They have ~21 POPs in logical places, seem to be using Digital Ocean servers. They don't do stupid things like email address for username (like FastestVPN does). Setup guides aren't that great. Connecting seems to be pretty quick. I'm not using it for streaming, so superfast speeds aren't that important to me, but FYI:

# speedtest-cli
    Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Testing from Digital Ocean (178.62.195.161)...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Selecting best server based on ping...
    Hosted by Claranet Benelux B.V. (Amsterdam) [3.12 km]: 41.217 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 190.63 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed......................................................................................................
    Upload: 179.29 Mbit/s

At this point I don't know how reliable the connection is - I plan to leave it up 24/7.

• edited December 2022

New StackSocial coupon JOY30 (30% discount), works with VPNs, making for example Adguard VPN 5yr $28.99 and also works with Koofr if anyone still wants it (1TB $98.99)

Thanked by (3)Ark ElonBezos Nekki
  • @cyberpunk said:
    New StackSocial coupon JOY30 (30% discount), works with VPNs, making for example Adguard VPN 5yr $28.99 and also works with Koofr if anyone still wants it (1TB $98.99)

Weird to toss out a coupon like that so far after BF/CM.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@cyberpunk said:

That's a great coupon for Koofr, actually. Will post it in my Koofr thread :)