[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• edited December 2022

@VirMach said:
    South of the Equator:

+1 for São Paulo, let's drink a coffee, It’s on me!

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited December 2022

@localhost said: Would love to see the missing 64gb on the slider
    @VirMach

It's even worse on the backend. Whoever made it (not me) did very poorly. But that's how it'll be... it's a feature! You're not supposed to put the slider that far, if you do then it's just a failsafe so the slider doesn't break off.

Also, the slider is not very intuitive on dark mode on mobile.

Okay this part I can admit I don't care enough to fix, I'm anti-anti-blinding lights.

Thanked by (2)localhost FrankZ
  • edited December 2022

@VirMach said:

@deafness said:

@FrankZ said:
    @deafness - Please click the "Management" button on the left menu shown in your screen shot above. When the next left menu appears, click "VPS Control Panel". That should open SolusVM, if the VM still shows offline in SolusVM, you can attempt to restart it. If it shows "unavailable" please report the Node name here.

@FrankZ No, it does not work. When I click on the control panel, it shows the picture below

Looks like another issue, if you used the button and it broke make sure to mention that in ticket

@VirMach But my account can't send you a ticket, as I mentioned before when I send a ticket the button is not available, I made sure I checked the button where I agree to pay, so now I can't send a ticket on your site to let you know the problem and I can't use the vps, I hope you can help me to solve this problem, it's been 4 months since this problem.The id of this vps is 634681

And on your site, I use Troubleshoot with this result

I also don't see any notification that CHIZ002 is offline on your Server Status page.

@nutjob said:
    @VirMach said: I don't know how I'd feel about ever having to fly to Australia. Maybe New Zealand.

How do you feel about 17 or 18 hour non-stop flights? Plus connections if you're not on the west coast. There's also 19 or 20 hour flights from Dallas.

I don't mean to get political but I guess I will, just a tad. I wouldn't feel very welcome based on the last couple years. I know that's not the best thing to base it off but even getting detained or whatever you want to call it, for a few days, would be an absolute no-go for me right now after you add in the flight times. And then next time something similar happens, trying to figure out how to plan travel would already be a nightmare but doubly so it seems with that region since they obviously are an island nation and want to be cautious. As far as islands go though I think we'd have better luck with all the others since I assume they rely more on tourism (might as well add in that as far as the semantics of islands go, everything would technically be an island then but it has that vibe so I apologize if I'm using the wrong term.)

On top of that, we would also have to deal with the high power costs, and high bandwidth costs, and high labor costs, except it seems like there'd be no upside since no one really outside of Australia benefits (and again, that'd be like saying "no one outside of the US benefits from US hosting" except at least Tokyo comes with the better connectivity to pretty much everywhere in that region.)

I will say though I wasn't even thinking about the flight being that long, for some reason in my head it was the same as going to Tokyo even though that's wrong and even then I already had that mindset.

TLDR if I get a signed and backed by gold pass from the prime minister of Australia that I can come whenever, maybe an ounce of gold every day it's delayed due to government policies, I'd be more keen.

@Flying_Chinaman said: Fined by me with the CPU oversell and bandwidth cap if the price was fair enough.

But oversell mem and dik is a new level even for VirmArch

I have some bad news for you if you actually use Contabo and you believe they don't oversell.

Frankly, oversell memory is a recipe for disaster, guest OS always tend to fully occupy allocated memory as preload cache.

Knew memory in OVZ can be oversell, yet that's KVM right?

This isn't as true as you think on so many levels but I'll spare you the long read. I will say something though, outside of any pretty much "guaranteed loss" low quantity plans, any KVM Ryzen host that has up until today sold any 1GB / 1 IPv4 / plan for less than $17 per year is either (1) overselling memory to some level, (2) lying to you with they claim otherwise, or (3) going to genuinely go out of business. Remember I said outside of "guarantees loss" low quantity, as in a provider can obviously do this if they just make a lot of money from full-price plans and have extra space (except if they have extra space it's most likely from selling regular plans, and the node is full, except 128GB assigned RAM equals like 40GB actually used memory.)

Even someone who doesn't know what they're doing can easily oversell RAM on KVM.

And what you said about guest OS and cache, it's just not how it works but it's complicated. We'd have to do a very long lesson that no one will read.

We have 100% oversold memory when we switch from 256GB dual E5 to 128GB Ryzen. There's was other way to do, but we carefully measured everything out server by server before moving. Those servers are pretty much perfect usage levels. Where we did screw up was for Tokyo Ryzen, due to how the semi-automated system activated orders, there's one or two nodes that ended up with too many high RAM plans and even then our highest, out of ALL servers, in terms of memory usage, is around 80GB out of 128GB actual RAM used, with around 8GB free no matter how you calculate it, even with cache usage, etc. And that node has been stable for half a year, 100% uptime, and closely monitored.

Trust me this isn't the long version.

@Flying_Chinaman said: Disk oversell 50% initially, serious? I'd rather purchase secondhand older nvme like Kingston PCI3.0 to cut cost. Guess you will do both

Where did you get the 50% disk oversell from? We definitely wouldn't oversell disk by that much, that's where I would agree with you that it's dangerous. One of the reasons we did KVM Lite the way we did instead of thin LVM was to avoid it altogether. So I guess think of it this way instead, what we could do is do 15GB dedicated, or where you start at 10GB and can extend up to 20GB. Something like that.

And like it says on the page what's advertised for disk is 100% guaranteed. So if you run out of disk in that scenario, and the server runs out of disk, which would be rare, we'd move you to one with disk and give you the 20GB.

I think you underestimate how many people don't use their disk. When we do backups and anything related to grabbing the actual disk sizes, it ranges from maybe 30-65% actual usage, average.

But anyway, I don't think we'll be doing thin LVM unless we go with a panel that does a really great job and even then I don't think we'd actually be overselling it.

@Flying_Chinaman said: No more 2 years commitment for an experimental oversell plan. BRING BACK ANNUAL BILL

Okay just because you said this if we do Epyc Tokyo, it's going to be 3 year for the 2GB. That's a good idea. $45/3Yr. Then 4GB $40/2YR maybe, and if you want 1YR and don't want to be part of the experiment, 8GB will be 1Yr still.

Or we could do 2GB for $15/YR plus $15 setup fee instead of $30/2YR if you want. Let me know. We can do whatever you want, but it will add up to $30. Even 6 months for $7.50/6Months + $22.50 setup.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

@sh97 said: +1000 for Kochi. I'm from Kochi.

I almost went there maybe a year or two ago, it's hard to tell how time has transpired recently. But I didn't probably because of my stupid jobs kicks trashcan and frowns while crossing arms.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

@ATInDaHause said: +1 for São Paulo, let's drink a coffee, It’s on me!

Any recommendations for DC/network blend?

@deafness said:

@VirMach said:

@deafness said:

@FrankZ said:
    @deafness - Please click the "Management" button on the left menu shown in your screen shot above. When the next left menu appears, click "VPS Control Panel". That should open SolusVM, if the VM still shows offline in SolusVM, you can attempt to restart it. If it shows "unavailable" please report the Node name here.

@FrankZ No, it does not work. When I click on the control panel, it shows the picture below

Looks like another issue, if you used the button and it broke make sure to mention that in ticket

@VirMach But my account can't send you a ticket, as I mentioned before when I send a ticket the button is not available, I made sure I checked the button where I agree to pay, so now I can't send a ticket on your site to let you know the problem and I can't use the vps, I hope you can help me to solve this problem, it's been 4 months since this problem.The id of this vps is 634681

I also don't see any notification that CHIZ002 is offline on your Server Status page.

You're facing at least two issues right now simultaneously. Then a third issue is that you have multiple accounts, and a fourth issue is that you're flagged for any of the following, one or more: (1) trying to force migration to Tokyo but it's very close to the cutoff time for definitely so maybe not, (2) creating tickets about tickets and making migration request and another one about your initial issue that did get fixed at some time, and ISO request, and migration request all together while another request was still being fulfilled, and then doing it again after you specifically got a message saying not to do that. And then ticket requesting refund for failed migration while opening more migration requests. And then replying to a ticket about your IP changing that says not to use this ticket for other issues, and you use it for other issues. Oh and you had two tickets for the first issue I think, and you didn't follow the guidelines. Then you replied to two tickets like that where you also ignored the guidelines being re-iterated. Yeah looks like it's definitely for #2. Oh looks like you have another ticket open you replied to same thing that's completely also unrelated.

As for your current two main issues not including the multi-account or ticket creation issue (which isn't an issue, you're just not allowed to use priority department anymore)

1. You re-installed OS during maintenance, I assume maybe for the 2nd time since these were fixed but maybe it was missed.
    2. You cropped the image to where I thought it's an important issue but it's actually not, but I've fixed that one so you can click control panel button and then spam operations there, it won't make a difference.

Anyway I just went ahead and moved you to the staging area, you need to use redeploy button now.

If you make any more tickets about this or talk about it here, the best I can do for you at this point is just a pro-rated refund and cancellation maybe.

The price for getting your issue resolved here in this manner instead of just making one single proper ticket instead of like what 6 replies in random tickets or wrong departments or multiple tickets merged/closed is that your 2nd account that wasn't properly flagged is now also flagged.

Thanked by (3)tototo AlwaysSkint FrankZ
  • @FrankZ said:

@imok said:
    What "customization" is people talking about?

From the pre BF limited VirMach existing clients sale a few week ago.

where is the link please

I’m a simple man I see gifs, I press thanks

@VirMach said:
    $30/2YR - 2GB RAM / 15GB / 200GB-2TB BW / 1 Core / 1 IPv4
    $25/YR - 4GB / 30GB / 400GB-4TB BW / 2 Core / 1 IPv4
    $35/YR - 8GB / 60GB / 800GB-8TB BW / 4 Core / 1 IPv4
    $55/YR - 16GB / 120GB / 1.6-16TB BW / 6 Core / 1 IPv4
    $95/YR - 32GB / 240GB / 3.2-32TB BW / 8 Core / 1 IPv4

Okay @Flying_Chinaman here are the final changes to address your biennial and oversell concerns. Above is "before" and below is "after" and we can give you credit for the changes if you desire, maybe Flying_Chinaman special. I know I joked about it in my last post but this is more realistic (and still not good in my opinion but it gives you what you wanted.)

$15/YR + $10 Setup - 1GB RAM / 14GB / 200GB BW / 1 Core / 1 IPv4
    $25/YR + $10 Setup - 2GB / 28GB / 400GB BW / 1 Core / 1 IPv4
    $35/YR + $10 Setup - 4GB / 56GB / 800GB BW / 2 Core / 1 IPv4
    $55/YR + $10 Setup - 8GB / 112GB / 1.6TB BW / 3 Core / 1 IPv4
    $95/YR + $10 Setup - 16GB / 224GB / 3.2TB BW / 4 Core / 1 IPv4

For all plans, 2 year optional, but setup fee waived. 2 year price is 2x annual. Guaranteed no oversell on the RAM since we just cut it in half. CPU also reduced so we can basically guarantee same AUP. Disk stays almost the same and also guaranteed, not oversold but just to be careful reduced a bit. Bandwidth amounts lowered to guaranteed amounts at full port speed.

We might add customization option since you want us to bring that back, prices for some customization on top of above prices:

+1GB dedicated RAM, +$6/YR
    +1 Core, +$10/YR
    +1TB bandwidth, +$10/YR

Customization prices are just estimates, depends on how we integrate it.

• edited December 2022

@VirMach said: @Flying_Chinaman said: Fined by me with the CPU oversell and bandwidth cap if the price was fair enough. But oversell mem and dik is a new level even for VirmArch
    I have some bad news for you if you actually use Contabo and you believe they don't oversell.

Knew my disk IO / IOPS will be capped. but don't know their memory & disk oversell.
    Main problems for me is their raised renew price, increasingly unreliability(CPU steal surge, network congestion and so on).

@VirMach said:

@VirMach said:
    $30/2YR - 2GB RAM / 15GB / 200GB-2TB BW / 1 Core / 1 IPv4
    $25/YR - 4GB / 30GB / 400GB-4TB BW / 2 Core / 1 IPv4
    $35/YR - 8GB / 60GB / 800GB-8TB BW / 4 Core / 1 IPv4
    $55/YR - 16GB / 120GB / 1.6-16TB BW / 6 Core / 1 IPv4
    $95/YR - 32GB / 240GB / 3.2-32TB BW / 8 Core / 1 IPv4

Okay @Flying_Chinaman here are the final changes to address your biennial and oversell concerns. Above is "before" and below is "after" and we can give you credit for the changes if you desire, maybe Flying_Chinaman special. I know I joked about it in my last post but this is more realistic (and still not good in my opinion but it gives you what you wanted.)

$15/YR + $10 Setup - 1GB RAM / 14GB / 200GB BW / 1 Core / 1 IPv4
    $25/YR + $10 Setup - 2GB / 28GB / 400GB BW / 1 Core / 1 IPv4
    $35/YR + $10 Setup - 4GB / 56GB / 800GB BW / 2 Core / 1 IPv4
    $55/YR + $10 Setup - 8GB / 112GB / 1.6TB BW / 3 Core / 1 IPv4
    $95/YR + $10 Setup - 16GB / 224GB / 3.2TB BW / 4 Core / 1 IPv4

For all plans, 2 year optional, but setup fee waived. 2 year price is 2x annual. Guaranteed no oversell on the RAM since we just cut it in half. CPU also reduced so we can basically guarantee same AUP. Disk stays almost the same and also guaranteed, not oversold but just to be careful reduced a bit. Bandwidth amounts lowered to guaranteed amounts at full port speed.

Whaaagh, I meant simply annual bill without repercussion. So I could jump off the bus if grabbed GCV EPYC 6666 or things go wrong

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh screw ya, that's the illusion of choices, how typical of ya!

Even MJJ with peanut sized brain will pick first one.

Fine... I shall be your lab rat.

smartass shitposting satirist

• @VirMach please fix TPAZ002. We had this reboot problem on it for two months now.

• edited December 2022

@VirMach said:

@deafness said:

@VirMach said:

@deafness said:

@FrankZ said:

You're facing at least two issues right now simultaneously. Then a third issue is that you have multiple accounts, and a fourth issue is that you're flagged for any of the following, one or more: (1) trying to force migration to Tokyo but it's very close to the cutoff time for definitely so maybe not, (2) creating tickets about tickets and making migration request and another one about your initial issue that did get fixed at some time, and ISO request, and migration request all together while another request was still being fulfilled, and then doing it again after you specifically got a message saying not to do that. And then ticket requesting refund for failed migration while opening more migration requests. And then replying to a ticket about your IP changing that says not to use this ticket for other issues, and you use it for other issues. Oh and you had two tickets for the first issue I think, and you didn't follow the guidelines. Then you replied to two tickets like that where you also ignored the guidelines being re-iterated. Yeah looks like it's definitely for #2. Oh looks like you have another ticket open you replied to same thing that's completely also unrelated.

As for your current two main issues not including the multi-account or ticket creation issue (which isn't an issue, you're just not allowed to use priority department anymore)

1. You re-installed OS during maintenance, I assume maybe for the 2nd time since these were fixed but maybe it was missed.
    2. You cropped the image to where I thought it's an important issue but it's actually not, but I've fixed that one so you can click control panel button and then spam operations there, it won't make a difference.

Anyway I just went ahead and moved you to the staging area, you need to use redeploy button now.

If you make any more tickets about this or talk about it here, the best I can do for you at this point is just a pro-rated refund and cancellation maybe.

The price for getting your issue resolved here in this manner instead of just making one single proper ticket instead of like what 6 replies in random tickets or wrong departments or multiple tickets merged/closed is that your 2nd account that wasn't properly flagged is now also flagged.

@VirMach First of all, do you consider me and my family members using your service with separate accounts to be multiple accounts?

Secondly, you said above that you moved the service to a staging area for me, yes, I see the node changed, but it is still offline, I clicked the reinstall OS button, an hour passed and it is still offline, shouldn't you make sure the VPS can be powered on?

Thirdly, when I just bought the service, the control panel showed that the username and password were wrong, and you closed the tickets after sending them, and those wrong tickets were because you forced to merge the tickets yourself, but it didn't solve the problem and closed the tickets.

So the problem is not solved, you don't provide the available service and have been offline for six months. Why can't you be approached?

And the fourth question, when you opened the migration, in one of the cases, I paid, but the migration was not successful and you did not refund me, why?

@DanSummer said:
    @VirMach please fix TPAZ002. We had this reboot problem on it for two months now.

What reboot problem on TPAZ002?

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • skorupionskorupion Services Provider

I wonder how much DM's do they have lol
    (Must be 100+)

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero

Crunchbits Technical Support, Technical Writer, and Sales
    Contact me at: +1 (347) 518-1661 or [email protected]

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@VirMach said: Anyway I just went ahead and moved you to the staging area, you need to use redeploy button now.

@deafness said: Secondly, you said above that you moved the service to a staging area for me, yes, I see the node changed, but it is still offline, I clicked the reinstall OS button, an hour passed and it is still offline, shouldn't you make sure the VPS can be powered on?

I think you need to read the part I high lighted more closely.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @VirMach said: What reboot problem on TPAZ002?

Probably the fact that it rebooted like 1.5 month ago and never came back :P

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Is anybody else on node NYCB011X ?
    I've been trying to migrate to Frankfurt for a while now and I get this error message.

We failed to submit the request.
    The migration tool cannot be used while your server's host node is offline.

But the node does not seem to be off line to me.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said: I've been trying to migrate to Frankfurt

No, leave my Frankfurt alone.

• @Jab said:

@FrankZ said: I've been trying to migrate to Frankfurt

No, leave my Frankfurt alone.

Hey no one is after your Frankfurter, well maybe @Nekki is, but that's all.

Thanked by (2)Jab FrankZ

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• edited December 2022

i tried to migrate frankfurt to frankfurt by ticket, migrate failed and server dissappeared from product page. i dont have the server now,
    instead i have a low priority open ticket :) dont mingle too much...

• I see my SSD1G is now proudly called Remote Cloud Windows VPS - SSD1G - do you really want me to run Windows on it? :D
    Other fancy name: Cloud Computing Linux VPS (KVM) - NVMe2G VPS,

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

• @Jab said:
    I see my SSD1G is now proudly called Remote Cloud Windows VPS - SSD1G - do you really want me to run Windows on it? :D
    Other fancy name: Cloud Computing Linux VPS (KVM) - NVMe2G VPS,

Whispers "Do it"

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• edited December 2022

@FrankZ said:
    I've been trying to migrate to Frankfurt for a while now and I get this error message.

@VirMach However I didn't find the redeploy button, your website is really badly done, are you Americans all like you? Don't you have any contractual spirit? The first clause of your terms and conditions says: We guarantee 100% uptime, however what about the fact? You can't turn on the phone for six months of your purchase?

• @deafness said:

@FrankZ said:

@VirMach However I didn't find the redeploy button, your website is really badly done, are you Americans all like you? Don't you have any contractual spirit? The first clause of your terms and conditions says: We guarantee 100% uptime, however what about the fact? You can't turn on the phone for six months of your purchase?

@VirMach Also, since you have chosen to get a refund for this service. Then there are more than 180 days of service without online money should also be refunded.

• edited December 2022

@VirMach said:

@DanSummer said:
    @VirMach please fix TPAZ002. We had this reboot problem on it for two months now.

What reboot problem on TPAZ002?

Sorry, mispoke, not reboot problem but the node issue itself that goes offline 2-3 times a day. Then you have to login to your site and reboot it, comes back online and any attempt to update or use the vps sends it back offline. This has been going on for 2 months.

Here's what you said about it a week ago when someone else asked:

@kun3go said: TPAZ002(or TPAZ005 as the site said?) is unreachable for months, and the OPEN NETWORK ISSUES are all even marked as resolved now. I am sad.

@VirMach said: @Jab said: VirMach on fire with answering questions so I will ask too! GIFF BACK TPAZ002 aka TPAZ005 aka WHERE IS MY VPS THAT I NEVER USED?!

I decided to go the LAXA014 route with this one. Everything ballooned, the package got delayed, I ran out of timeslot to work on it, it got worse, then it was like "well, it's already been over a week, well, it's already been over two weeks." So it continued having problems, taking longer, and at the same time it went into the trolley problem scenario. Do I save X amount of VMs that have already had a terrible experience (Z hours of outage) and sink in Y more hours into it, or do I save 2-3X amount of VMs that have only experienced 0.1Z outage, as in still salvageable, and spend only 0.5Y doing it? Is it more fair to make everyone have to wait maybe 0.5Z outage so this one can face less? What about all the 20X VMs on nodes that still need more patches/work? Do I prevent those from going into a domino effect? What about all the tickets, probably 5X worth of people waiting various times? Wait, while I was typing that 3 additional days passed by? Do I send a useless email update pissing everyone off more? Should I wait until I diagnose it further? The replacement server this was supposed to go on is having problems, do I build another server, or move them even further away? Do I ship off one of the pre-built servers that may have lower specifications and not enough disk and send two? Wait, if I'm sending two of those, should I just work longer to fix this then and just send it back? Wait, do I even send it back to Tampa when it previously resulted in 2 CPUs and a motherboard and possibly more being broken as a result of a thermal paste re-application request? Oh god, another Tampa server just ran into the same problem, do I work on this one before I work on the first one? Should I stop spending so much time on the evaluation? Loop back 200 times and add in 10x more details while simultaneously juggling 20x other things as 10x more things come up.

TPAZ002 is the only one I have issue with out of the 12 servers I have with you. I don't mind moving it somewhere else let's say (let's say NYC metro) :)

• edited December 2022

No more trolling today. Infected by COVID, flying Chinaman feels very bad.

@VirMach boy, ETA for EPYC promotion? (west coast and tokyo both is okay)
    Gonna decide how long should I renew my Contabo

smartass shitposting satirist

• Thanked by (1)Flying_Chinaman

• @Flying_Chinaman said:
    No more trolling today. Infected by COVID, flying Chinaman feels very bad.

@VirMach boy, ETA for EPYC promotion? (west coast and tokyo both is okay)
    Gonna decide how long should I renew my Contabo

hope you feel better, will miss your incessant shitposting while you recover :(

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • @fluttershy said: .. will miss your incessant shitposting while you recover

I won't! ;)

Thanked by (2)FrankZ fluttershy

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

This discussion has been closed.