[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• edited December 2022

Whaaagh, this thread falls into IPv6 fantasy again?

What do you lads want with it?

It is not even working...

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero ehab

smartass shitposting satirist

• it has been 40 days since TYOC034 was down, should i finally begin moving my shit in? i have severe trust issue

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Encoders said:
    it has been 40 days since TYOC034 was down, should i finally begin moving my shit in? i have severe trust issue

IMO trust issues can only be resolved with redundant servers (3) and automatic failover.
    A couple of my uptime reports from hetrixtools for services I run using some of my VirMach VMs, as well as others, for redundancy.

Uptime Type Report Added
    99.9997% Service since 701d 23hr ago 24 Aug 2020
    99.9992% Website since 499d 8hr ago 24 Aug 2020

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited December 2022

@Encoders said:
    it has been 40 days since TYOC034 was down, should i finally begin moving my shit in? i have severe trust issue

do it first

regret later

on a serious note i do recall pending maintenance for TYO nodes.

Thanked by (3)AuroraZero nick_ Encoders

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@haynhat said:
    @VirMach
    I have tried to create a ticket to report offline for TYOC007 but could not. Maybe I have an active ticket for Billing / IPv6 but even I closed them also could not submit the priority ticket.

For Tokyo, there's essentially never a need to create a report because there will be 50 other people that'll do it.

• @FrankZ said:

@Encoders said:

IMO trust issues can only be resolved with redundant servers (3) and automatic failover.
    A couple of my uptime reports from hetrixtools for services I run using some of my VirMach VMs, as well as others, for redundancy.

Uptime Type Report Added
    99.9997% Service since 701d 23hr ago 24 Aug 2020
    99.9992% Website since 499d 8hr ago 24 Aug 2020

I have backup instance, but no automatic failover yet (it's with GCP)

@cybertech said:

@Encoders said:

do it first

regret later

on a serious note i do recall pending maintenance for TYO nodes.

oh well, it is what it is. yolo

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• @VirMach said:
    For Tokyo, there's essentially never a need to create a report because there will be 50 other people that'll do it.

haha well noted for next time =)

edited December 2022

Setup fee for Tokyo has changed again, this is for our regular plans at this time:

• $10 --> $0 for biennial
    • $10 --> $5 for annual

@FrankZ for the sale I'd like to use the same thread, I don't really want to turn it into a bunch of floating threads or making this one sink and so on, so I figured it might be a good time to update the original post and title (when it's ready) if that's an option. Let me know what you think and if it's within the realms of possibility or if we should bother an administrator about it.

So if it can be edited, that's the best way to do it IMO. Of course if anyone disagrees we can just open a new one but I feel like that'd just end up getting messy and confusing if we start posting sales often. Or I guess it'd be easy to also argue it getting messy and confusing the way I want to do it, except all arguments for that being messy and confusing kind of get thrown out the window when people are going to come on the new sale thread and talk about their older purchases (as usually happens) and when our offer thread is already probably not "conventional" since I stick around and other people stick around. For record/archival purposes we can keep a copy of the old sale in a new post and link to it in the original post, something like "Previous Sales" section at the bottom. Or let me know what you think.

(edit) I don't have any ulterior motive for this request, but I guess I could see how people would think we're trying to benefit by keeping the thread reply count and view count high even though I'd disagree, so just in case that gets brought up I want to also mention we're OK with those getting wiped to 0 if that's something that can be done or I don't know, whatever.

Then maybe for SEO purposes an admin might want to keep it multiple threads or whatever other reason I'm not thinking of in which case sure. Let's maybe just figure out a good game plan for how we'd sink the old one or get everyone to post on the new one instead of here then, aka, maybe a well-timed lock.

• TOKYO ATTACK SOON

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

edited December 2022

@Jab said:
    TOKYO ATTACK SOON

New flash sale might just end up being one plan until it's sold out, and go in order of node ID. Might be interesting and also boring but I kind of like it. When its not flying all over the place it'd be easier to catch issues and also let people rest for a while (maybe weeks, who knows) if it ends up being an abysmal deal.

In which case, it'd be TOKYO ATTACK AFTER LIKE 20 OTHER OFFERS

(edit) Of course this does also give me an opportunity to randomly step in during a really bad deal to change it to something crazy which also means you should monitor it 24x7 for the next 3 months.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ FAT32

The flash sale is technically live by the way it's just very broken right now. If you do find it buy at your own risk.

• Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.

• Thanks Jab. I bought all 20.

Thanked by (2)Jab AuroraZero
  • Okey, okey, I was joking!
    Real link: https://test.virmach.com/

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.

• imokimok OG
    edited December 2022

https://notvirmach.com/

EDIT: Wow wow what the fuck was that? That domain needs an update.

Thanked by (3)AuroraZero ehab FAT32
  • edited December 2022

@VirMach said: ..we can just open a new one..

IMO, this thread has outlived its title long ago!
    Start a new one.
    Pre-emptive strike: "Virmach 2023 Epic Thread"

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @Jab said:
    Okey, okey, I was joking!
    Real link: https://test.virmach.com/

Ok that one is beautiful.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited December 2022

TL;DR, Yes VirMach "Epic" threads are fine by me, but maybe we could do these on something like a yearly basis so as to have some long term organization. I agree that VirMach threads are not the conventional sales threads, the important thing is that it seems to work for both you, and the members. That is what I want too.

@VirMach said:
    @FrankZ for the sale I'd like to use the same thread, I don't really want to turn it into a bunch of floating threads or making this one sink and so on, so I figured it might be a good time to update the original post and title (when it's ready) if that's an option. Let me know what you think and if it's within the realms of possibility or if we should bother an administrator about it.

Sure I can edit the Title and OP. I would want to put the old title and OP in a spoiler with a "Previous Sales" section note as you said below so the first 227 pages don't look like they are for the new offer

So if it can be edited, that's the best way to do it IMO. Of course if anyone disagrees we can just open a new one but I feel like that'd just end up getting messy and confusing if we start posting sales often. Or I guess it'd be easy to also argue it getting messy and confusing the way I want to do it, except all arguments for that being messy and confusing kind of get thrown out the window when people are going to come on the new sale thread and talk about their older purchases (as usually happens) and when our offer thread is already probably not "conventional" since I stick around and other people stick around. For record/archival purposes we can keep a copy of the old sale in a new post and link to it in the original post, something like "Previous Sales" section at the bottom. Or let me know what you think.

(edit) I don't have any ulterior motive for this request, but I guess I could see how people would think we're trying to benefit by keeping the thread reply count and view count high even though I'd disagree, so just in case that gets brought up I want to also mention we're OK with those getting wiped to 0 if that's something that can be done or I don't know, whatever.

Not an issue.

Then maybe for SEO purposes an admin might want to keep it multiple threads or whatever other reason I'm not thinking of in which case sure. Let's maybe just figure out a good game plan for how we'd sink the old one or get everyone to post on the new one instead of here then, aka, maybe a well-timed lock.

If we keep doing this long term IMO it is going to get cumbersome. Here is a suggestion to keep it organized long term.
    If you want to keep comments all together in one thread then maybe to keep some organization there could be a yearly VirMach thread. The previous year's thread would be closed so no further comments would happen there. In the second comment of the current year's thread there would be links to the previous year's threads. This way there would be a reference log of all VirMach Sales and comments. The current VirMach offer would be put in the OP with a title change reflecting the last offer. The old offer(s) from the current year will then be moved down into the 1st comment area in a spoiler, titled as you said "Previous Sales", in the order they happened, with the dates they were in effect so as to keep reference and continuity.
    NOTE: When you open the yearly thread just make the first and second comment as well so I can move the old sales and link the old threads into these two comments as described above. Does this work for you ? Or am I missing something you are trying to accomplish.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin FAT32

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• So, what was the actual URL (thanks @jab for the laugh, and even the version sans 'not' showed I wasn't creative enough. What sort of broken "deals" were missed?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@AlwaysSkint said: Pre-emptive strike: "Virmach 2023 Epic Thread"

Good suggestion.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

• @FrankZ said: Good suggestion.

Quarterly Editions of Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter. Not "Fall" cos that could be misconstrued! ;)

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited December 2022

@AlwaysSkint said:

@FrankZ said: Good suggestion.

Quarterly Editions of Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter. Not "Fall" cos that could be misconstrued! ;)

If there was four a year I don't think we could call them "Epic" threads.

• edited December 2022

@FrankZ said: I don't think we could not call them "Epic" threads.

True.
    Edit: though an average of >1000 comments is still not titchy. ;)
    Edit2: > means greater THAN :p :bleep_bloop:

• palceholder

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@AlwaysSkint said:

True.

One of the things I, and I expect Virmach, does not want is what happened at the OGF where eight threads are on the front page all because one guy is making the same comment in each thread trying to get Virmach's attention. Closing old threads would keep this from happening. Of course that does not stop someone from making the same comment eight times in the open thread. :wink:

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero AlwaysSkint

• AuroraZeroAuroraZero Retired
    edited December 2022

@FrankZ said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

True.

One of the things I, and I expect Virmach, does not want is what happened at the OGF where eight threads are on the front page all because one guy is making the same comment in each thread trying to get Virmach's attention. Closing old threads would keep this from happening. Of course that does not stop someone from making the same comment eight times in the open thread. :wink:

I have deleted this response.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• Eh, I went to slept right before it started, did it end? Guess I'll wait for the real run

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • edited December 2022

@MallocVoidstar said:
    Eh, I went to slept right before it started, did it end? Guess I'll wait for the real run

It hasn't happened yet. Maybe it was all a dream?

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero FrankZ
  • edited December 2022

meme holder

smartass shitposting satirist

This discussion has been closed.