[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• edited December 2022

Aw, it was confirmed as a typo before I could even install an OS and check. Well, it was paid via store credit so I figure this is a best-case for getting it handled in some way.

edit: lol I thought you meant the sale page had a typo but I see now that the VPS does in fact have 11 cores. Well, $ shutdown now before I find a way to peg the CPU on accident.

Thanked by (1)ZA_capetown
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

just gave meself a pat on the back for not buying the 11vcore deal

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @MallocVoidstar said:
    Aw, it was confirmed as a typo before I could even install an OS and check. Well, it was paid via store credit so I figure this is a best-case for getting it handled in some way.

edit: lol I thought you meant the sale page had a typo but I see now that the VPS does in fact have 11 cores. Well, $ shutdown now before I find a way to peg the CPU on accident.

But, don't you have to run one quick single YABS before you shut it down? :o

Thanked by (3)AlwaysSkint lgsin FrankZ
  • @VirMach said: ... expeditiously.

Word of the day. :D

Thanked by (1)ehab

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@ZA_capetown said:

@MallocVoidstar said:

But, don't you have to run one quick single YABS before you shut it down? :o

Oh trust me enough people did.

Okay, I've sent out a ticket to everyone who purchased that one, I provided 3-4 options, reply back if you want to have it resolved right now or you can wait until we see how it goes and try to keep the 11 cores but if everyone tries to keep it then obviously we'll proceed as such:

@VirMach said: We'll see. I've marked them and made a list and we'll contact people and have some kind of resolution for it, either spread them out, refund and provide some time for free or something like that.

• @VirMach said:

@lgsin said:

LIMITED OFFER $13.32 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    1450MB DDR4 RAM
    11 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    20GB SSD (NVMe)
    2560GB MONTHLY DATA
    SAN JOSE, CA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

11VCORES!!
    typo? @VirMach

@MallocVoidstar said:
    I'll let you know if it was a typo once mine is delivered

It's a typo and on that note I'm actually buying a new keyboard. It's been repeating digits and causing a lot of problems for a few weeks now, once in a while.

I'll figure out what we'll do with these plans but obviously it's not going to be a good experience if everyone actually tries using all of the processing power at once. We'll see. I've marked them and made a list and we'll contact people and have some kind of resolution for it, either spread them out, refund and provide some time for free or something like that.

(edit) I will say though that most the people who purchased that one are already marked as MJJ on our system, they get highlighted a different color so it's very obvious. And I assume they all want to resell or CPU mine on it so those will be handled more expeditiously.

If it's a wireless keyboard try replacing the batteries. My logitech keyboard was repeating some key presses, batteries were still good (like 20% left) but I switched them out anyways and the double key presses disappeared.

• Waiting for $8.88 2GB in Tokyo.

Probably will never happen.

I don't have enough hostnames.

100% off by not buying.

Thanked by (1)sh97

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• edited December 2022

ipv6 is comming

and any news about hk, sg?

• Something in my head tells me I should check out this thread, I am not disappointed.

Thanks @FrankZ for doing an amazing work and @VirMach for keeping all our services alive! <3

Wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

• @VirMach
    I have paid it by alipay ,but it CANCELLED
    Invoice #1517298

• erkerk
    edited December 2022

Is the Ryzen divided by 3 or 4 ? Eg, at what number of vcores can a single threaded process taking nearly 100% of the cpu sustained be considered acceptible in the AUP?

• @erk said:
    Is the Ryzen divided by 3 or 4 ? Eg, at what number of vcores can a single threaded process taking nearly 100% of the cpu sustained be considered acceptible in the AUP?

High CPU: Customer’s Service cannot burst to 95-100% usage for more than five (5) minutes and cannot average higher than 50% usage within any two (2) hour period. Packages advertised to include dedicated CPU, Services with the high CPU option, and any customized Service plans that include high CPU option may burst to 100% at all times.

• @jcolideles said:

@erk said:

> High CPU: Customer’s Service cannot burst to 95-100% usage for more than five (5) minutes and cannot average higher than 50% usage within any two (2) hour period. Packages advertised to include dedicated CPU, Services with the high CPU option, and any customized Service plans that include high CPU option may burst to 100% at all times.
    > 

So 1 VCPU, at 100% on 3 VCPU's would be 33% and thus acceptable?
    Or 1 VCPU at 100% on 2 VCPUs would be 50% and barely ok? I thought this was changing for Ryzen.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited December 2022

LIMITED OFFER $22.20 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    2560MB DDR4 RAM
    3 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    40GB SSD (NVMe)
    4096GB MONTHLY DATA
    SEATTLE, WA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

NOTE: This is a flash sale available for ~1 hour or less at https://virmach.com/flash-sale/

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited December 2022

LIMITED OFFER $10.88 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    2240MB DDR4 RAM
    3 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    10GB SSD (NVMe)
    1024GB MONTHLY DATA
    AMSTERDAM, NL LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

NOTE: This is a flash sale available for ~1 hour or less at https://virmach.com/flash-sale/

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

•     AssuredWasteful-VM  

This is the ABSOLUTE BEST VM Name I've gotten from VirMach, EVER

• edited December 2022

@FrankZ said:
    LIMITED OFFER $10.88 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    2240MB DDR4 RAM
    3 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    10GB SSD (NVMe)
    1024GB MONTHLY DATA
    AMSTERDAM, NL LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Yo, dik is short

smartass shitposting satirist

• Damn it, I was trying to get some work done before the holidays, and now I've just got flash sales to watch all day? @VirMach why must you sabotage me so?

@erk said:
    So 1 VCPU, at 100% on 3 VCPU's would be 33% and thus acceptable?

I don't know if there were changes with the Ryzen move, but I semi-regularly run a load like this for 8+ hours at a time with a personal game server and never have issues even after the migration, no warnings about usage and never had the vm killed by the abuse script. I vaguely remember something about the Ryzen systems having a lot more cpu headroom so they might be even less aggressive with the cpu abuse kills now. I wouldn't set up like a crypto miner on a single core 24/7, I expect that's a lot more likely to catch abuse attention, but if you're just trying to size your VM so you can run something fairly intensive and not have problems, 33% has been a safe target for me.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ erk yoursunny
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited December 2022

LIMITED OFFER $15.54 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    1109MB DDR4 RAM
    2 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    25GB SSD (NVMe)
    2560GB MONTHLY DATA
    PHOENIX, AZ LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

• edited December 2022

@FrankZ said:

LIMITED OFFER $15.54 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    1109MB DDR4 RAM
    2 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    25GB SSD (NVMe)
    2560GB MONTHLY DATA
    PHOENIX, AZ LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Yo chad, are you possessed by Virbot?

smartass shitposting satirist

• LIMITED OFFER
    $17.76 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    938MB DDR4 RAM
    2 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    30GB SSD (NVMe)
    3072GB MONTHLY DATA
    NYC METRO, NJ LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • LIMITED OFFER $24.42 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    1962MB DDR4 RAM
    4 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    35GB SSD (NVMe)
    3584GB MONTHLY DATA
    NYC METRO, NJ LOCATION
    2 DEDICATED IPv4

Take note: 2x IP's

• edited December 2022

@ZA_capetown said: Take note: 2x IP's

Arrgh, that's too tempting. Must resist - need rDNS more.

Thanked by (1)ZA_capetown

• @ZA_capetown said:

LIMITED OFFER $24.42 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    1962MB DDR4 RAM
    4 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    35GB SSD (NVMe)
    3584GB MONTHLY DATA
    NYC METRO, NJ LOCATION
    2 DEDICATED IPv4

Take note: 2x IP's

Is this a good deal?

• Oof, I was saved by OOS :sweat_smile:

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint someTom
  • @localhost said: Is this a good deal?

If you need to ask, then no. :anguished:

Thanked by (2)yoursunny chimichurri

• edited December 2022

$53.28 /yr

KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    4693MB DDR4 RAM
    6 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    100GB SSD (NVMe)
    10240GB MONTHLY DATA
    NYC METRO, NJ LOCATION
    **2 DEDICATED IPv4**

(My emphasis)

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ZA_capetown

• LIMITED OFFER
    $24.42 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    1877MB DDR4 RAM
    4 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    35GB SSD (NVMe)
    3584GB MONTHLY DATA
    NYC METRO, NJ LOCATION
    +++ 2 DEDICATED IPv4 +++

:p

• Oh no, it's back! That's just evil, lol :joy:

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@ZA_capetown said:

LIMITED OFFER
    $24.42 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    1877MB DDR4 RAM
    4 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    35GB SSD (NVMe)
    3584GB MONTHLY DATA
    NYC METRO, NJ LOCATION
    +++ 2 DEDICATED IPv4 +++

:p

It is good to see VirBot back. These are my favorite type of flash deals. :)

This discussion has been closed.