VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• Stop transferring servers to Frankfurt, stay in Amsterdam!

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said:
    Stop transferring servers to Frankfurt, stay in Amsterdam!

Just like communicating vessels, we cannot stop liquid (or neighbours) from eventually balancing out to the same level :P

• edited January 2023

@Hxxx said: Never used for production, specially due to the fair share policy. I cant run stuff with fear of having something suspended. I prefer to just pay dedicated servers or VM with dedicated cores that I can blast 24/7.

Ya should not expect that from Virmach. E5 relatively dedi core cost $5/month each, Ryzen for $15.

@Jab said: Stop transferring servers to Frankfurt, stay in Amsterdam!

Yeah, nightlife, marijuana & prostitute

smartass shitposting satirist

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 2023

LIMITED OFFER
    $9.44 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    1479MB DDR4 RAM
    1 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    20GB SSD (NVMe)
    2048GB MONTHLY DATA
    DALLAS, TX LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Thanked by (2)ariq01 localhost

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

LIMITED OFFER
    $22.76 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    4016MB DDR4 RAM
    3 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    60GB SSD (NVMe)
    6144GB MONTHLY DATA
    DALLAS, TX LOCATION
    3 DEDICATED IPv4

@Encoders

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• trying to think on what to do with these 2x 6.29 servers as I cannot use LUKS2 on them,

• @dgc1980 said:
    trying to think on what to do with these 2x 6.29 servers as I cannot use LUKS2 on them,

Don't know whether LVM could support network filesystem

• edited January 2023

My purchase in the Virmach's 2022 Promo is my worst decision ever. Purchased on Feb or Mar. I thought that if they invested that much money for the hardware & co-location, their service should be top-notch. So I purchased a few Ryzen VPS and 2 storage VPS in LA and Amsterdam.
    After a few weeks, I finally realized my stupid decision so I opened a ticket to request refund on all pending VPS. However, they said that they don't allow multiple refunds and I have to choose one VPS. So, I requested a refund for the LA storage VPS.
    A few month ago, they sent me a ticket and said that my AMS storage has to be relocated to New York or refunded. I happily choose the refund option.
    In conclusion, instead of losing ~$300 for 2 storage VPS and a few Ryzen VPS, I can get around $200 refunded. The remaining Ryzen VPS are still functional with some downtime.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

LIMITED OFFER
    $9.62 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    1618MB DDR4 RAM
    1 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    20GB SSD (NVMe)
    2048GB MONTHLY DATA
    NYC METRO, NJ LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Thanked by (1)dgc1980

• @FAT32 said:

@HuangxinYuan said:
    When it reach 7T of 8T , I stop this service, but still suspended by virmach after a week. If virmach limited network , It should list detail rules, and should not just suspended it without any warning msg, and even not rely TK for 3 month.

It is not about the quota but the network speed / bandwidth, you do realize the total bandwidth available in a single node (that hosts tens or hundreds of VPS) is 1Gbps right? This means at the same time your neighbor in the same node will get poor connection speed

I am not sure about why the ticket is not replied or got suspended without warning, but I would recommend throttle a bit when you run your application in the future

So the user's VPS of Virmach can be shut down without any clear indication, and even without the possibility to access the data. I don't know of any other IDC besides Virmach that would dare to treat their customers this way. Maybe only in Virmach.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

LIMITED OFFER
    $24.23 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    4688MB DDR4 RAM
    4 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    65GB SSD (NVMe)
    6656GB MONTHLY DATA
    NYC METRO, NJ LOCATION
    2 DEDICATED IPv4

• @quanhua92 said:
    So I purchased a few Ryzen VPS and 2 storage VPS in LA and Amsterdam.
    After a few weeks, I finally realized my stupid decision so I opened a ticket to request refund on all pending VPS. However, they said that they don't allow multiple refunds and I have to choose one VPS. So, I requested a refund for the LA storage VPS.

Should we add to your terms, only 1 pending aka not activated VPS can be refunded bro @VirMach for the eternity activation?

😁

• Oos in seconds !!

$24.23 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    4688MB DDR4 RAM
    4 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    65GB SSD (NVMe)
    6656GB MONTHLY DATA
    NYC METRO, NJ LOCATION
    2 DEDICATED IPv4

Thanked by (1)lemoncube
  • edited January 2023
    LIMITED OFFER
    $17.76 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    2165MB DDR4 RAM
    3 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    40GB SSD (NVMe)
    4096GB MONTHLY DATA
    NYC METRO, NJ LOCATION
    2 DEDICATED IPv4

• @HuangxinYuan said:

@FAT32 said:

@HuangxinYuan said:
    When it reach 7T of 8T , I stop this service, but still suspended by virmach after a week. If virmach limited network , It should list detail rules, and should not just suspended it without any warning msg, and even not rely TK for 3 month.

It is not about the quota but the network speed / bandwidth, you do realize the total bandwidth available in a single node (that hosts tens or hundreds of VPS) is 1Gbps right? This means at the same time your neighbor in the same node will get poor connection speed

I am not sure about why the ticket is not replied or got suspended without warning, but I would recommend throttle a bit when you run your application in the future

So the user's VPS of Virmach can be shut down without any clear indication, and even without the possibility to access the data. I don't know of any other IDC besides Virmach that would dare to treat their customers this way. Maybe only in Virmach.

Yes. Not maybe. Virmach is the only one.
    You should stay away from Virmach. You also have to warn your friends on the mainland to stay away from Virmach.
    Don't listen to those defending posters in this forum.
    They are actors that get paid to shill Virmach.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

HuangxinYuan said:

FAT32 said:

HuangxinYuan said:

This is not the first time that I have heard that only VirMach, and no other provider, ever suspends a VPS when you run over your transfer allocation. It happened once to me too. I went over my transfer allocation on the 29th of the month and the VPS was suspended without any notice, (other than what I saw in the billing panel, and in SolusVM, and the email I received shown below), until the 1st of the following month when my VPS was unsuspended. I too was unable to access my data during the time my VPS was suspended, unless I paid for more transfer. I expect VirMach considers this a feature of the service rather than a bug. It really is despicable.

Dear Frank Z----

This is a notification that your service has now been suspended.
    The details of this suspension are below:

Product/Service: OVZ-Special-256
    Domain: Dallas-2016-384MB
    Amount: $3.00 USD
    Due Date: xx/xx.20xx
    Suspension Reason: Bandwidth Overusage
    Your service was suspended due to using up the bandwidth for this month. You can contact our support to purchase more bandwidth or wait until the bandwidth resets on the 1st of the month.

Due to the nature of the hosting we provide, even in a suspended state, we are still hosting your data, and allocating other resources such as an IP address to your service. As a result, automatic payments will continue - if you no longer want to keep your service then please cancel through the service page in the client area to ensure a termination occurs instead of a renewal.

Virtual Machine Solutions LLC
    Support Team

Thanked by (1)dgc1980

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@julensm said:

@HuangxinYuan said:

@FAT32 said:

@HuangxinYuan said:

Yes. Not maybe. Virmach is the only one.
    You should stay away from Virmach. You also have to warn your friends on the mainland to stay away from Virmach.
    Don't listen to those defending posters in this forum.
    They are actors that get paid to shill Virmach.

yes, Virmach very bad for mainland. naughty naughty virmach.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Anyone else on FFME002 having problems ?

But shows

Reboot still shows offline.

Solus shows

• LIMITED OFFER
    $14.80 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    2715MB DDR4 RAM
    3 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    10GB SSD (NVMe)
    1024GB MONTHLY DATA
    FRANKFURT, DE LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

• edited January 2023
    LIMITED OFFER
    $40.88 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    4284MB DDR4 RAM
    4 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    205GB SSD (NVMe)
    20992GB MONTHLY DATA
    LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Half the storage and bandwidth is enough for me...

• @msatt said:
    Anyone else on FFME002 having problems ?

But shows

Solus shows

yes, seems to be offline

• edited January 2023
    LIMITED OFFER
    $9.62 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    1618MB DDR4 RAM
    1 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    40GB SSD (NVMe)
    4096GB MONTHLY DATA
    NYC METRO, NJ LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

LIMITED OFFER
    $11.28 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    1109MB DDR4 RAM
    1 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    40GB SSD (NVMe)
    4096GB MONTHLY DATA
    NYC METRO, NJ LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

LIMITED OFFER
    $15.72 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    2949MB DDR4 RAM
    2 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    35GB SSD (NVMe)
    3584GB MONTHLY DATA
    NYC METRO, NJ LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Thanked by (1)Mumbly
  • Big daddy please

I’m a simple man I see gifs, I press thanks

• @localhost said:

@FrankZ said:
    LIMITED OFFER
    $7.77 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    768MB DDR4 RAM
    1 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    35GB SSD (NVMe)
    3584GB MONTHLY DATA
    AMSTERDAM, NL LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Europe is awake now

4AM, Europe wasn't awake.

• @msatt said:

But shows

Solus shows

Confirmed, FFME02 down!
    oh my!!

• @atomi said:

@msatt said:

But shows

Solus shows

yes, seems to be offline

The graph looks the same as SBG when it burned down.

• @ariq01 said:
    Big daddy please

Hail Virmach
    Squeeze us harder

• @Neoon said:

@atomi said:

@msatt said:

But shows

Solus shows

yes, seems to be offline

Yeah, me too ... ;) SBG burned down? Literal fire, like OVH DC a while back? Or just HW gone bad?
    (I'm having trouble catching up with backlog on these Virmach mega threads ...)

• @quanhua92 said:
    My purchase in the Virmach's 2022 Promo is my worst decision ever. Purchased on Feb or Mar. I thought that if they invested that much money for the hardware & co-location, their service should be top-notch. So I purchased a few Ryzen VPS and 2 storage VPS in LA and Amsterdam.
    A few month ago, they sent me a ticket and said that my AMS storage has to be relocated to New York or refunded. I happily choose the refund option.
    In conclusion, instead of losing ~$300 for 2 storage VPS and a few Ryzen VPS, I can get around $200 refunded. The remaining Ryzen VPS are still functional with some downtime.

Believe me, this is a vps with no arms or legs

• @flips said:

@Neoon said:

@atomi said:

@msatt said:

But shows

Solus shows

yes, seems to be offline

Yeah, me too ... ;) SBG burned down? Literal fire, like OVH DC a while back? Or just HW gone bad?
    (I'm having trouble catching up with backlog on these Virmach mega threads ...)

They had maintenance on the UPS, apparently it wasn't happy so it decided to ignite itself.
    Sadly, wooden floors and no fire extinguishers in sight.

Hence Oles is building his DC's now with 100% concrete.

Thanked by (1)flips