VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• edited January 2023

@emengweb said:

@VirMach said:
    I'm sure someone will mention this and I definitely have the same idea, I want to try to actually sell/get these to people who aren't just trying to resell them but I also don't have time to plan out a raffle or anything, plus that kind of defeats the whole flash sale portion of it.

So I will say this: within the next 10 years, if someone reminds me and there's some good idea to verify like 100 active people on LES quickly and put them in a specific client group, maybe we can do an exclusive LES-only flash sale to try to give people a chance so they're not competing with like a hundred bots.

Last day almost vps had them, but none of $2 and $1, still happiness

Oh the $7 one just been cancel and refund... that's a ... :'( one

• edited January 2023

Picked up the late $6 Dallas one no problem and higher value ones previously. Still lament the $20 one that I missed when asleep.
    I have absolutely no idea how any non-bot captured the $1.11 :|

Someone may have predicted the Asian IPs would be problematic ;)

Thanked by (2)ZA_capetown skorous

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Picked up the late $6 Dallas one no problem and higher value ones previously. Still lament the $20 one that I missed when asleep.

So what you are saying is that Mason is a bot. That explains a lot of things.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Anyway, virmach shouldn't make people kneel down to buy

I hope everyone will have a good mood, forget the unpleasantness of Virmach

• @FrankZ said:

@VirMach said:
    Or actually let me ask, did anyone here actually get any of the last 10-20 offers? Share some info, what's the general consensus? Was there enough for you to already grab maybe a sub $10 good deal? Or did it feel like they mass disappeared?

EDIT: The $7, $6, $8.88 and $2.22 are pending. The $20 was provisioned right away.

I'm in the bad boy pit then - I didn't provisioned on the 20 -- I figure it'd get provisioned in time to move the 0.25 over to it.
    I was able to get the 6.66 and the 2.22 - I think if I didn't blink I would have gotten the 1.11 as well.

• @cgkings said: ..forget the unpleasantness of Virmach

Must be in a parallel universe!

• @FrankZ said: So what you are saying is that Mason is a bot

Yep, I surmised this quite a few pages back though was strongly denied.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@FrankZ said: So what you are saying is that Mason is a bot

Yep, I surmised this quite a few pages back though was strongly denied.

I for one applaud our robotic overlord.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint FrankZ
  • Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • MasonMason AdministratorOG
    edited January 2023

@fluttershy said:

@Mason said:
    Looking forward to rebranding LES as MJJSpirit and selling it to Biloh in a couple years 🤑

This actually makes me wonder, would you ever consider a buyout? It would suck to see this forum go the way of LET.

Nah, not in the cards. Was offered like $5k (I think? Maybe it was $10k) for the site some time ago by the Offshore Solutions guy, but quickly turned it down because it's not about the money. If I ever feel burned out and want to take a step back, I'll do the exact same thing that Anthony did and turn the site back over to someone in the community who has a similar mindset to carry the torch.

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @FrankZ said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

So what you are saying is that Mason is a bot. That explains a lot of things.

Yes AND multiple accounts remember! :p

• edited January 2023

@VirMach said: last 10-20 offers?

I got in pending 2 offers from last 10+ offers in the sale which is 6.66$ in new york one and 5$ in dallas :) The later was easy snatch but the former was pure refresh luck :)

ServerStatus , slackvpn <-- openVPN auto install script for Slackware 15

• @Mason said:

@fluttershy said:

@Mason said:
    Looking forward to rebranding LES as MJJSpirit and selling it to Biloh in a couple years 🤑

This actually makes me wonder, would you ever consider a buyout? It would suck to see this forum go the way of LET.

Nah, not in the cards. Was offered like $5k (I think? Maybe it was $10k) for the site some time ago by the Offshore Solutions guy, but quickly turned it down because it's not about the money. If I ever feel burned out and want to take a step back, I'll do the exact same thing that Anthony did and turn the site back over to someone in the community who has a similar mindset to carry the torch.

That's fantastic to hear, I'm glad the leadership here has some morals :)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • I got a very nice VPS, currently not activated, but I can wait.
    It is a beautiful thing to be able to buy such a powerful performance for less than $8 VPS.
    To get these, I can sacrifice sleep. =)

• @AlwaysSkint said:

I was too late to order a special (maybe $6) before $1.11 so $1.11 was in my cart :)

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • I didn't even try to get the best flash deals at the end because it was clear the bots were active and based on past sales there was little hope of competing with them

• @VirMach said:
    If it's just like two accounts linked and MSRP is above the price of a coffee then it's basically OK to accept for now, maybe check later if we start seeing a bunch of other bad behavior.

McDonald's coffee ($0.99) or Starbucks coffee ($3.95)?
    VirMach VPS quality is comparable to McDonald's, so …

@VirMach said:
    Or actually let me ask, did anyone here actually get any of the last 10-20 offers? Share some info, what's the general consensus? Was there enough for you to already grab maybe a sub $10 good deal? Or did it feel like they mass disappeared?

I did not, because I have no hostname left.
    I grabbed sub $10 Tokyo deal and it's instantly deployed.

@Mason said:
    i guess you can hide behind your TOS that animals, deceased people, and split personalities cant legally enter a business contract... Ohh the sacrilege!!

I don't consider VirMach a business contract.
    It's entrance into a circus.

@FrankZ said:
    Of course people have a right to assume what ever they wish. They can say you are a naughty boy, but just because someone says it does not make it true. You know who you are better than anyone else.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @Mason said:

Rebrand to Yeti Spirit and sell it me, by then I should be bigger the Bilboh and I shall be overlord of the world. I will move it to my cave and run it off a single cell phone hotspot.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Mason
  • I was sick and missed the ending sales.

I have a $12.99 still pending from the 2nd though, not sure if it's just fallen through the cracks or falls into one of the categories of other stuff already mentioned. It's tagged as FLASH-SPECIAL-CREATING whereas all the others that are already active are FLASH-SPECIAL it seems.

Also @Mason you'll need to work on the toxicity level here if you want Biloh to buy it, it's generally just cranky rule breaking MJJ because Virmach caught them, that won't keep his attention long or open his wallet much.

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • @yoursunny said:

@VirMach said:
    If it's just like two accounts linked and MSRP is above the price of a coffee then it's basically OK to accept for now, maybe check later if we start seeing a bunch of other bad behavior.

McDonald's coffee ($0.99) or Starbucks coffee ($3.95)?
    VirMach VPS quality is comparable to McDonald's, so …

I'd say at least burger king levels of quality.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ emengweb
  • edited January 2023

$5 / $6 / $11.11 Pending here ... So we need to open a ticket for fast activation? xD

• 8.88 is pending, another one has been cancelled

• @VirMach said:

@Encoders said:
    why is it 2FA still broken? i had to login using backup code again

I'd need more information. There's not been any thorough reports and I haven't been able to reproduce issues. We've gotten a few angry tickets here and there but it's most just someone basically providing zero information. If anyone wants to drop in a ticket and have a back and forth discussion it would be more productive.

removing 2FA then setting it up again seems fixed my issue

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• edited January 2023

@VirMach migration button

Thanked by (1)ehab

smartass shitposting satirist

• @VirMach said:
    I'm sure someone will mention this and I definitely have the same idea, I want to try to actually sell/get these to people who aren't just trying to resell them but I also don't have time to plan out a raffle or anything, plus that kind of defeats the whole flash sale portion of it.

So I will say this: within the next 10 years, if someone reminds me and there's some good idea to verify like 100 active people on LES quickly and put them in a specific client group, maybe we can do an exclusive LES-only flash sale to try to give people a chance so they're not competing with like a hundred bots.

@VirMach The current problem is caused by the current flash sale mechanism. Personally, I suggest changing the current flash sale to a reservation mechanism. After the reservation ends, the program will randomly assign real orders.

• @VirMach said:

I only got $2.22 (Tokyo), but it's still pending. Maybe the reason I got it is because 222MB RAM is not enough for a lot of people.
    1.11 and other plans removed from cart 😉

• edited January 2023

@VirMach said:

7, 6, 5, 7.47, 12.21,11.11,6.66,1.11

Got these. But all pending

Except for 2.22 which was a hell to get in the cart only to see it disappear

I am usually never lucky... but if these do get provisioned I'd consider m luck getting better @VirMach

• edited January 2023

@VirMach said:

Picked up the 11.11 SJ offer since it was better than my other SJ server in terms of price/performance. Half the price with a ton more bandwidth to work with.

• Being @localhost obviously has advantages: an insider job! :astonished:

Thanked by (2)localhost FrankZ

• Interesting, I noticed that one of my pending servers from the Flash Sale has its name changed, being suffixed with '-CREATING', namely 'FLASH-SALE-CREATING'. Am I marked fraud while the one would be eventually provisioned? :P