Changes to NatVPS

Comments

• JabJab
    edited January 2023

Heh, probably should have read e-mails about migrations - seems like I missed double RAM.
    Oh noes, idling double RAM is more fun than idling normal RAM.

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited January 2023

@beanman109 said:

@Ympker said:
    @natvps_uk any hint when Finland is gonna be restocked?

I have a 128mb Finland VPS I don't use I can transfer out for free if you want, already checked a little bit ago & natvps said the transfer would be fine as long as it's to an existing customer with an account in good standing.

Thanks for the offer. I would be interested but can the instance be transferred into my service pool, or would I have to pay for an extra natvps going forward @natvps_uk ? My resource pool has 0.5 credit and currently a 128mb instance spinned up, so technically speaking it should be able to accomodate the FI instance from @beanman109 :)

• @Ympker said:

@beanman109 said:

@Ympker said:

I have a 128mb Finland VPS I don't use I can transfer out for free if you want, already checked a little bit ago & natvps said the transfer would be fine as long as it's to an existing customer with an account in good standing.

Thanks for the offer. I would be interested but can the instance be transferred into my service pool, or would I have to pay for an extra natvps going forward @natvps_uk ? :)

It's a standalone instance, so I'd imagine you'd have to pay a separate renewal for it on November 14th, 2023

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@beanman109 said:

@Ympker said:

@beanman109 said:

@Ympker said:

Thanks for the offer. I would be interested but can the instance be transferred into my service pool, or would I have to pay for an extra natvps going forward @natvps_uk ? :)

It's a standalone instance, so I'd imagine you'd have to pay a separate renewal for it on November 14th, 2023

Ah, in that case I'm not interested. Finland is a nice location, but UK is performing splendidly and I don't really need it that bad to justify idling another nat vps haha :D Would have only taken it if it could be transferred to my resource pool (within my resource pool limits) so I'd have a finland instance. Still, thanks for the offer mate! Maybe, someone else is interested :)

• Hi @natvps_uk I've sent you a DM about a NatVPS-Storage-250GB-France instance. Let me know any question.

• Waiting for Finland instance as well.
    Have all locations atm except Fi.
    @natvps_uk

No restocked on new year?😁

• any chance to get extra storage? need like 100-200GB HDD, just for store document for my clients

• bdlbdl OG
    edited January 2023

@abangnoob said:
    any chance to get extra storage? need like 100-200GB HDD, just for store document for my clients

buy a 250gb storage VPS - https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/4871/micronode-storage-vps-from-12-50-per-year#

Thanked by (1)abangnoob
  • RadiRadi Hosting ProviderOG

Hi,

Just curious. Do you plan to ever release Micronode panel to external providers under a paid license?

Get some hosting at https://drserver.net .

• MicronodeMicronode Hosting Provider

@Radi said:
    Hi,

Just curious. Do you plan to ever release Micronode panel to external providers under a paid license?

Yes, it is planned but we don’t currently have an ETA.

• @Radi said:
    Hi,

Why paid license?
    It gotta be AGPL, just like Nextcloud.

Paid support.

Thanked by (1)Brueggus

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• Loadbalancer does not seem to work for my france location ,

just for testing I created a simple python http server that listens on port 80 on ipv6 ,verified it works by visiting that using the public ipv6 address of instance,

created a loadbalancer ,
    created a cname record for the generated endpoint.

I try to visit the site now , I get 502 bad Gateway, what am I doing wrong or missing here?
    @natvps_uk

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

@codelock said:
    Loadbalancer does not seem to work for my france location ,

just for testing I created a simple python http server that listens on port 80 on ipv6 ,verified it works by visiting that using the public ipv6 address of instance,

created a loadbalancer ,

I try to visit the site now , I get 502 bad Gateway, what am I doing wrong or missing here?
    @natvps_uk

Make sure your application is listening on port 80 on your ipv6 address.

I just checked this and I get a connection refused. The load balancer setup looks correct

• @natvps_uk said:

@codelock said:

created a loadbalancer ,

@natvps_uk

I just checked this and I get a connection refused. The load balancer setup looks correct

ok its working now maybe I need to wait for a bit? anyways thanks for the awsome service, will I face any problems if I place this behind cloudflare proxy?

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

edited January 2023

Wireguard + OVPN server running on 128MB instance. Loving it! Performance is awesome, too :tongue:
    Thanks to @Fritz for help during setup :)

Thanked by (2)Fritz Janevski
  • @Ympker said: Wireguard + OVPN server running on 128MB instance. Loving it! Performance is awesome

I collaborate with Web Horizon's blog, you may find this post useful.

Thanked by (1)Abdullah

@alexxgg said:

@Ympker said: Wireguard + OVPN server running on 128MB instance. Loving it! Performance is awesome

I collaborate with Web Horizon's blog, you may find this post useful.

Will have a look, thanks mate :)

@codelock said:

@natvps_uk said:

@codelock said:

created a loadbalancer ,

@natvps_uk

ok its working now maybe I need to wait for a bit? anyways thanks for the awsome service, will I face any problems if I place this behind cloudflare proxy?

It can take 10-15 minutes to take effect, cloudflare proxy should work although you may find that the SSL cert doesn’t automatically renew on the proxy. We recommend using cloudflare direct to the ipv6 address rather than via a loadbalancer.

• @natvps_uk said: It can take 10-15 minutes to take effect, cloudflare proxy should work although you may find that the SSL cert doesn’t automatically renew on the proxy. We recommend using cloudflare direct to the ipv6 address rather than via a loadbalancer.

That works smoothly. Quick question: this IPv6 works with Nginx virtualhosts? Let's say a.domain.com is pointed to the IPv6 which it is the default nginx virtualhost, if I create a new virtualhost for b.domain.com and point it to the same IPv6, the b website will show content from a website. Any workaround?

@alexxgg said:

@natvps_uk said: It can take 10-15 minutes to take effect, cloudflare proxy should work although you may find that the SSL cert doesn’t automatically renew on the proxy. We recommend using cloudflare direct to the ipv6 address rather than via a loadbalancer.

That works smoothly. Quick question: this IPv6 works with Nginx virtualhosts? Let's say a.domain.com is pointed to the IPv6 which it is the default nginx virtualhost, if I create a new virtualhost for b.domain.com and point it to the same IPv6, the b website will show content from a website. Any workaround?

This should work without issue.

You will need to create a loadbalancer for each virtual host.

• @natvps_uk said: This should work without issue.
    You will need to create a loadbalancer for each virtual host.

Understood, I'll try it later today.

• @Ympker said:
    Wireguard + OVPN server running on 128MB instance. Loving it! Performance is awesome, too :tongue:
    Thanks to @Fritz for help during setup :)

wow...

• https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/126295/#Comment_126295

@natvps_uk said:
    Happy to make a charitable donation for a charity of your choice in return for the board, we'd use it to offer some nice NAT KVMs.

KVM kernel eats up too much RAM.
    However, if we can upload disk image (.qcow2, not just .iso), it might be possible to run bare-metal binary without kernel.

edited January 2023

@yoursunny said:
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/126295/#Comment_126295

@natvps_uk said:
    Happy to make a charitable donation for a charity of your choice in return for the board, we'd use it to offer some nice NAT KVMs.

However, if we can upload disk image (.qcow2, not just .iso), it might be possible to run bare-metal binary without kernel.

The lowest amount of RAM that we would be offering is 1GB on our KVM deals.

• @natvps_uk said:

@yoursunny said:

@natvps_uk said:

2 credits for one KVM … not worth it.

Minimal KVM running Debian server is 192MB.
    I recall @skorupion requested 64MB KVM last year, not sure how it would work.

@yoursunny said:

@natvps_uk said:

@yoursunny said:

@natvps_uk said:

2 credits for one KVM … not worth it.

Minimal KVM running Debian server is 192MB.
    I recall @skorupion requested 64MB KVM last year, not sure how it would work.

They won’t be available as instances, we will however run LXC or OVZ inside a VM to offer instances at the new location.

• @natvps_uk

How about Fi location? Will it be available soon?

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • skorupionskorupion Services Provider

@yoursunny said: I recall @skorupion requested 64MB KVM last year, not sure how it would work.

Worked out as well as a free unrequested refund from Advin Servers

Crunchbits Technical Support, Technical Writer, and Sales
    Contact me at: +1 (347) 518-1661 or [email protected]

@natvps_uk said:

Migration Announcement

All VMs on the following node: uk-1.nat.natvps.uk will be migrated to a new node on January 28th 2023.

How do I know if I am on this node?

Your private IPv4 Address will be on the following subnet: 10.100.1.x

Why is this migration taking place?

The current server is old, we purchased this server when NatVPS was founded, over the last year the monthly price of this server has increased almost 4x. Not only this but the hardware is poor in comparison to our latest offerings, the disks are slowly dying and it is basically becoming unmaintainable.

We don't want the performance and stability of this node to reflect on our quality of service and we also do not want to increase costs. A migration is the only option at this point.

Your external IPv4 and IPv6 Addresses WILL change. We will communicate your new IPs a week prior to the migration to allow everyone to prepare.

We are offering everyone the chance to self migrate!

If you would like to migrate before this time please open a ticket and specify the location you would like to migrate to. We will be offering migrations to our UK, FR and CA nodes.

All users that self migrate will receive DOUBLE the RAM allocation that you currently have.

How does a self migration work?

We will allocate a new VPS to your Micronode account for 7 days to allow you to transfer everything over, after this 7 day period your existing VPS will be terminated.

What if I do not self migrate?

Your VPS will be down for up to 8 hours on Saturday 28th January 2023. Once your VPS comes back online it will have new IPv4 and IPv6 Addresses. Your data should remain intact although we recommend you take backups prior.

Where is the new node located?

The new node will be hosted with OVH and located in London.
    We understand that OVH is not everyone's first choice however please understand that we are not increasing costs for our service which is already incredibly cheap. The alternative would have been to increase prices by 4x from the next billing cycle.

If you are still completely against being hosted within OVH we will offer pro rata refunds where over 4 months of the billing period is remaining.

We hope everyone understands the need for this migration, we're affected greatly by the price increases being not only a small provider but also at our highly competitive prices. The user experience on the new nodes will also be a vast improvement.

Migration is underway now, we expect this to be complete within the next few hours.

• JabJab
    edited January 2023

@natvps_uk said:

@natvps_uk said:

Migration Announcement

All VMs on the following node: uk-1.nat.natvps.uk will be migrated to a new node on January 28th 2023.

How do I know if I am on this node?

Your private IPv4 Address will be on the following subnet: 10.100.1.x

Why is this migration taking place?

The current server is old, we purchased this server when NatVPS was founded, over the last year the monthly price of this server has increased almost 4x. Not only this but the hardware is poor in comparison to our latest offerings, the disks are slowly dying and it is basically becoming unmaintainable.

We don't want the performance and stability of this node to reflect on our quality of service and we also do not want to increase costs. A migration is the only option at this point.

Your external IPv4 and IPv6 Addresses WILL change. We will communicate your new IPs a week prior to the migration to allow everyone to prepare.

We are offering everyone the chance to self migrate!

If you would like to migrate before this time please open a ticket and specify the location you would like to migrate to. We will be offering migrations to our UK, FR and CA nodes.

All users that self migrate will receive DOUBLE the RAM allocation that you currently have.

How does a self migration work?

We will allocate a new VPS to your Micronode account for 7 days to allow you to transfer everything over, after this 7 day period your existing VPS will be terminated.

What if I do not self migrate?

Your VPS will be down for up to 8 hours on Saturday 28th January 2023. Once your VPS comes back online it will have new IPv4 and IPv6 Addresses. Your data should remain intact although we recommend you take backups prior.

Where is the new node located?

The new node will be hosted with OVH and located in London.
    We understand that OVH is not everyone's first choice however please understand that we are not increasing costs for our service which is already incredibly cheap. The alternative would have been to increase prices by 4x from the next billing cycle.

If you are still completely against being hosted within OVH we will offer pro rata refunds where over 4 months of the billing period is remaining.

We hope everyone understands the need for this migration, we're affected greatly by the price increases being not only a small provider but also at our highly competitive prices. The user experience on the new nodes will also be a vast improvement.

Migration is underway now, we expect this to be complete within the next few hours.

WHY IS MY VPS OFFLINE11eoNEOneoneeoN!oenoeneoen!1eoneoeneoen!!1111ONEeoeneon!

GLWM

Thanked by (3)Micronode Ympker bdl

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png