VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @nightcat said: Only vpn user or spam user will buy small size and cheap plan ,
    Website client would buy 1G+ plan, and they are stable and value clients and with few tickets.

Those are not the only three types of users. I have 50+ VMs and only about 3 running web sites.

• edited January 2023

@VirMach said:
    For someone who knows so much about what occurred, all the dozens of negative reviews you analyzed, everything you know about our hardware troubles, you seem to have missed all the times this was explained.

I did regularly check out your comments here at LES and OGF sometimes, for entertaining purposes. I would say I've covered 30% of your speeches, but unfortunately, I did seem to have missed all the times this was explained.

However, the reason behind such a drastic transformation is apparent: you are incompetent for running a hosting business of this size and scale.

Let me teach you some IT Product Management 101: when you ship any public-facing product. The SOP would be like "Development-Tesing-Staging-Production." It's obvious that your poor expertise made you choose a combination of amateur hardware that is unreliable for the VPS hosting use case and has low MTBF/TBW at the development stage. It's obvious that you didn't do much testing and skipped the staging process before shipping hardware to colocation data centers. It's obvious that if you curtly do everything, things will always break.

Even some one-man operation at this forum, like @Advin, knows stage product in the real world with real users before going live (src https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/3249/advin-servers-ryzen-9-5900x-2-vcores-16gb-ram-dallas-tx-free-8-31-2021-added-15-more/p1). With this comparison, your incompetence is clearly evident.

According to some rumors and in terms of the declining professionalism of the wording on the network status page, I believe you might have acquired Virmach from the previous, more professional owner.

@VirMach said:
    Missed this part, instead you just decided to get upset like the 13 year old. It's kind of funny.

I feel you bro, that you are incapable of defeating me on the level of logic and facts, so the sheer amount of your Elliot Rodger style Mr.Chad alpha white male ego makes you resort to the triumph of self-congratulation.

Thanked by (2)Lurkrazy bliss
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 2023

@Chisato you can attack the issues and the service and that is fine, but if you continue attacking the person you will get your posts moderated or removed.

Thanked by (1)ZA_capetown

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:
    @Chisato you can attack the issues and the service and that is fine, but if you continue attacking the person you will get your posts moderated or removed.

Talking about incompetency that affects service level is still okay IMHO (if only this is true).
    That's not personal.

Maybe, you need to bring this for discussion with other MODs before do some actions.

Please stay neutral as possible as you can.

Thanked by (1)Mumbly
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Fritz said:

@FrankZ said:

Talking about incompetency that s still okay IMHO (if only this is true).
    That's not personal.

Maybe, you need to bring this for discussion with other MODs before do some actions.

Please stay neutral as possible as you can.

So are you telling me that these lines are not a personal attack and are regarding the service.

@Chisato said: Are you on a hard drug that might cause cognitive impairment?

or

@Chisato said: , so the sheer amount of your Elliot Rodger style Mr.Chad alpha white male ego makes you resort to the triumph of self-congratulation.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• ^ I was talking about the incompetency part .

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 2023

@Fritz said:
    ^ I was talking about the incompetency part .

As you can see from my previous statement I was talking about personal attacks, and that attacking the issues and the service was fine.

@FrankZ said:

I also think that there is a wide range of competency among providers in particular, and people in general. You have the right to decide what works for you, but you probably should not expect other people to change to meet your standards. Just saying

EDIT: And regarding your comment on my neutrality. This is the only comment I have removed from this thread today.

EDIT2: I am going to assume you have seen this by now and will now remove the comment again.

• @FrankZ said:

I apologize if these words are considered a personal attack. I will be using more neutral wording, as you requested.

However, I think my expression regarding the issues and the service, based on logic and facts, should be considered "mild criticism" instead of an "attack." Just saying. You are the mods here. You make the rules and decide who's right.

• @Caxen said:
    You really seem to think that a 13 year old can attack XTOM with his red envelope. :'(
    This is a joke. It's not real, boy.

You are right. The attacker is not only the 13yo script kid alone. Other providers selling China route optimized Japan VPS and betrayed users may also be the attacker: during Chinese new year's eve, they gave out a bunch of 30OFF/50OFF discounts ($20/yr SoftBank Tokyo, 600GB/mo) to betraying customers who paid triennially before (they were given bandwidth doubling™ compensation though).

Overall, except for some comments that cannot be understood by ordinary people made by an employee in the V.PS customer group(encouraging attackers to attack customer's VPS, src: t.me/xTomLowB/79), xTom's performance in this incident can be considered professional, they did everything they could in a timely manner.

• edited January 2023

@FrankZ

Dear lawful neutral moderator:

In the following conversation, a GIF w/ JPG demonstrates a yellow monkey being crushed by a container hanging from a crane (which was thanked by @FrankZ, btw). Referring to the context, it is clearly an implicit reference to discriminate against Asians whose skin is yellow.

In accordance with your aforementioned basis and definition of personal attack, please state whether this GIF w/ JPG constitutes/should be deemed as racial discrimination and/or personal attack against the whole Asian descent whose skin color is yellow.

Please don't apply a double standard, but give a fair and unbiased answer based on pure rational logic.

Kind Regards,
    Some Random Asian Dude

@ehab said:

@imok said:
    dafuq is that

like like this

• @Chisato said:
    @FrankZ

In the following conversation, a GIF w/ JPG demonstrates a yellow monkey being crushed by a container hanging from a crane (which was thanked by @FrankZ, btw). Referring to the context, it is clearly an implicit reference to discriminate against Asians whose skin is yellow.

I think it's a little bit of a stretch to call brown and light brown yellow. In fact, I think you're just trying to instigate.

Kind regards,
    Another Asian With Actually Brown Skin

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 2023

@Chisato said:
    @FrankZ

In the following conversation, a GIF shows a yellow monkey being crushed by a crane hanging from a container (which was thanked by @FrankZ, btw). Referring to the context, it is clearly an implicit reference to discrimination against Asians whose skin is yellow.

In accordance with your aforementioned basis and definition of personal attack, please state whether this GIF constitutes/should be deemed as racial discrimination and/or personal attack against the whole Asian descent whose skin color is yellow.

Please don't apply a double standard, but give a fair and unbiased answer based on pure rational logic.

Kind Regards,
    Some Random Asian Dude

@ehab said:

@imok said:
    dafuq is that

like like this

This time you really have no idea what you are talking about. The two members in question are very old members and friends of mine that play with each other like that regularly. Neither of them is Asian. The Monkey is one of the member's long time avatar.
    Great idea for a new guy to get petty with the moderator of this thread. For a moment there I thought you were going to be reasonable, I guess, I was wrong.

• @Chisato said:
    @FrankZ

In accordance with your aforementioned basis and definition of personal attack, please state whether this GIF w/ JPG constitutes/should be deemed as racial discrimination and/or personal attack against the whole Asian descent whose skin color is yellow.

Kind Regards,
    Some Random Asian Dude

@ehab said:

@imok said:
    dafuq is that

like like this

That's ridiculous. It was in reply to @imok and that's his avatar picture. Please take that sort of nonsense accusations somewhere else.

• @Chisato said:
    @FrankZ

Kind Regards,
    Some Random Asian Dude

@ehab said:

@imok said:
    dafuq is that

like like this

Ok here goes and this all I am going to say on this after this you can fuck off to the netherworld for all I give two shits.

You need to chill the fuck out. That monkey photo happens to be some one's avatar which you would know if you had been here and looked around instead of flinging shit.

Now I like a good drama just as much as the next Yeti but you seem to think some one around here has something against you. Well news for ya pal we could give two shits about your shit. Also I have nothing against anyone I don't give fucks about their race or nationality.

Trying to force your agenda here will not work. You will not win anything, you will just look like more of an ass then you already do.

LES is nothing like LET. We have no corporate sponsor, it is run as a community. We don't care if YOU think you have a case for discrimination because this place is not a business.

@Frankz and all the team are volunteering their time and effort to keep this place in shape. If it was me your last post that I quoted would earn you the ban hammer. You are lucky it is not me and it is the team.

@FrankZ said:

@Chisato said:
    @FrankZ

In the following conversation, a GIF shows a yellow monkey being crushed by a crane hanging from a container (which was thanked by @FrankZ, btw). Referring to the context, it is clearly an implicit reference to discrimination against Asians whose skin is yellow.

In accordance with your aforementioned basis and definition of personal attack, please state whether this GIF constitutes/should be deemed as racial discrimination and/or personal attack against the whole Asian descent whose skin color is yellow.

Kind Regards,
    Some Random Asian Dude

@ehab said:

@imok said:
    dafuq is that

like like this

This time you really have no idea what you are talking about. The two members in question are very old members and friends of mine that play with each other like that regularly. Neither of them is Asian. The Monkey is one of the member's long time avatar.
    Great idea for a new guy to get petty with the moderator of this thread. For a moment there I thought you were going to be reasonable, I guess, I was wrong.

I had this whole thing typed out and decided not send it.

Seem I am irritated at the moment and it wouldn't have helped the situation. An irritated Yeti and keyboard is not a good mix.

I believe he thinks this is LET and not LES. Time for the person to get a reality check.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• edited January 2023

@FrankZ said:
    The two members in question are very old members and friends of mine that play with each other like that regularly. Neither of them is Asian. The Monkey is one of the member's long time avatar.

I appreciate the clarifying that there are no malicious intentions towards me.

Sorry for the trouble. It's a lesson learned.

• @FrankZ said:

so he is attacking the person?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Hey Yeti, sorry to get your hair up.
    @theloafingone @ehab @tetech @AuroraZero thanks for the assist.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 2023

@taizi said:

@FrankZ said:

so he is attacking the person?

Who ? Which person ?

• @Chisato said: made you choose a combination of amateur hardware that is unreliable for the VPS hosting

maybe not related, but what do you think about hetzner, seems they also use some home-tier hardware, not VPS but dedi.

• @FrankZ said:
    Hey Yeti, sorry to get your hair up.
    @theloafingone @ehab @tetech @AuroraZero thanks for the assist.

Nah you had nothing to do with my irritation you never will, other things in life is all.

No need to apologize my friend.

This just hit at the right time and place is all.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• edited January 2023

@FrankZ you handled it fine.

if it went future then we can always do this

forever

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@ehab I have been thinking of changing my avatar. Since you are the king of gifs what do you think about this one ?

Thanked by (2)ehab terrorgen

• ITs GREAT
    but just for the weekend if you like or when u feel u wanna use the hammer-

long term NO @FrankZ i love you the way you are.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

you guys sound real gay.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:
    you guys sound real gay.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ AuroraZero
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@ehab said:

@cybertech said:
    you guys sound real gay.

i get it, this a thread for moaning.

Thanked by (3)ehab FrankZ AuroraZero

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said: i get it, this a thread for moaning.
    @AuroraZero said: we couldn't give two shits
    @AuroraZero said: look like more of an ass then than you already do.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @ehab said: hey ,,, r u ready ?

@VirMach said: I'll gladly provide a pro-rated refund and cancellation for any services in Tokyo, to anyone who has an account in good standing so we can open up more room that will surely remain empty forever due to our poor reputation.

Yo aye shall quote that for future refund once IP get GFW blocked

smartass shitposting satirist

• edited January 2023

@taizi said:

@Chisato said: made you choose a combination of amateur hardware that is unreliable for the VPS hosting

maybe not related, but what do you think about hetzner, seems they also use some home-tier hardware, not VPS but dedi.

Home-tier hardware works well, until it breaks. When it breaks, Hetzner provides prompt support, whilst Virmach tells you "wrong company" for reaching out support(You can check his comments in this thread, edit: He is being funny, don't take it seriously).

For the added complexity and variables for VPS hosting, enterprise-grade hardware(EPYC/Xeon) would be a more mature decision.

Welp @Virmach, please don't take my harsh words in this thread seriously, I typed them here for the main purpose of practicing English during univ winter break at home. You are actually a nice guy, generous enough to support the low-end spirit with unsustainable pricing, just with a little high ego and a little inexperienced.