VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

About 20% of missing IP addresses added back, this also includes anyone who didn't previously use the button now that we're cleaning it up. Only one person so far didn't get it added because the node was out of IPv4 addresses (so that's pretty rare right now.) I assume that may become a problem only for Tokyo and San Jose, maybe Los Angeles.

• FREEEEEEE IPS, someone wanna sell those server? :D

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @VirMach said:
    About 20% of missing IP addresses added back, this also includes anyone who didn't previously use the button now that we're cleaning it up. Only one person so far didn't get it added because the node was out of IPv4 addresses (so that's pretty rare right now.) I assume that may become a problem only for Tokyo and San Jose, maybe Los Angeles.

Thanks I can confirm my 2019 BF deal now has the extra IP that was gone from 2022 Colocrossing fiasco.

• @VirMach said: rDNS/PTR for Frankfurt, Amsterdam, and Tokyo should be done soon (available on SolusVM.)

Its available in SolusVm to change rDNS, also update it when you press update, but its not actually change it yet. Thats on 213.232.11x.xxx subnet.

ServerStatus , slackvpn <-- openVPN auto install script for Slackware 15

• edited April 2023

Weekly check whether Virmach ran away.
    Yeah Virmach is still very much alive

@VirMach said: About 20% of missing IP addresses added back

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

If all of them are in the 47.87.0.0/16 block, wa'z the meaning of multiple IP?

smartass shitposting satirist

• Good morning.
    Have a Virmach day.

• I am wondering if you've managed to debug the RAID issues you were having with the NYCB009SH node. Have there been any updates in that regard?

• @VirMach said:

what button is it? all i can see is this "Ryzen Fix IP"

thanks for anyone can tell where to find a button

• @imok said:
    Good morning.
    Have a Virmach day.

Thanked by (2)ehab Wonder_Woman
  • TYOC040 is at it again, I/O error - reboot - no bootable device.

• @VirMach said:

Sir I have missing IPs since months, when you get time please check Ticket #340971

@davi said:

@VirMach said:

Sir I have missing IPs since months, when you get time please check Ticket #340971

We haven't made it to the backlogs yet for tickets created by previously multi-account flagged people and such.

@rockinmusicgv said: I am wondering if you've managed to debug the RAID issues you were having with the NYCB009SH node. Have there been any updates in that regard?

Unfortunately no update, it's gotten worse and worse. There have since been like 3-4 attempts to get access to it again, as in remote hands power cycled it, etc. Trying to decide wat to do but what we can do is limited.

The goal is to still get everyone back online as soon as possible but it's a situation where we also need to make sure we retrieve data. We do have backups, but as you can imagine with the server crashing multiple times, they're scattered all over the place and unreliable so it's best to get to the data directly on the node, if we can just get it online and stable for a few hours. Then we need to move everyone to another node, except we've already had to deal with multiple other issues in this location and are low on deployed servers.

@ehab said: what button is it? all i can see is this "Ryzen Fix IP"

No button, automatic in the background.

@fan said:
    TYOC040 is at it again, I/O error - reboot - no bootable device.

Reporting system hasn't caught this yet, will take a look. I think we mostly need to send everyone an email explaining not to mass re-install, reboot, whatever else. It won't fix it and it'll just make it worse pretty much every time. We could lock it off after maintenance and it'll be stable for however long but we can only do that for so long and deal with the mass tickets and of course people do need controls.

It's just otherwise going to be a domino effect, no matter how healthy the disk. All it takes is one particularly busy Friday or Saturday and then weeks of repeat.

Thanked by (3)ehab fan FrankZ
  • Just wanted to report that my missing IPs @ FFME004 are back, thank you! =)

Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research

• Missing IPs all done except super super old BF-OVZ and BF-KVM plans, so I think basically the first year we did flash sales. Only reason I didn't update you earlier was because of those two products but those still aren't done.
    • rDNS is functional for Frankfurt, Tokyo, and Amsterdam now, although I'm just saying that and haven't tested it yet.
    • Tickets mostly caught up to and number of tickets created normalized since the IP fiasco.
    • I had a longer post for these that I just cleared and didn't send but I patched a lot of the nodes that have had recent issues again, and going through and doing it for nodes with under 100 days or so uptime soon.
    • NYCB009 (Shared hosting) is still very much dead, but I got it to the point where some progress was made on it. All like... 2 hours it stayed around. I think we've probably made like a dozen hands request for it by now, I should just fly to New York or send it back if we don't make some major progress in next few days.
  • EPYC?!

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Jab said:
    EPYC?!

where??!?!

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:

@Jab said:
    EPYC?!

where??!?!

Buffalo??!?!??!?!
    🦬

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• edited April 2023

Yo the old fart said EPYC in Tokyo approximately 1 year ago I suppose,

Don't expect its coming in the near future I dare say

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    Yo the old fart said EPYC in Tokyo approximately 1 year ago I suppose,

Don't expect its coming in the near future I dare say

Translation from Flying_Chinamanise:
    Thank you VirMach for ensuring that the Ryzen nodes are stable, and the ticket queue is under control, before posting a new sales thread for Epyc.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• where did port 25 paid addons go? iirc it's a thing back then, also port80/443 addon

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• @Encoders said:
    where did port 25 paid addons go? iirc it's a thing back then, also port80/443 addon

Is it really port 89/443 blocked by default?

• @Fritz said:

@Encoders said:
    where did port 25 paid addons go? iirc it's a thing back then, also port80/443 addon

Is it really port 89/443 blocked by default?

no idea, never uses web ports

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• sounds more like adding an additional support option for your vps is you run a website on it. if you start getting DMCA reports, they will block the web ports

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @FrankZ nice to see you back... hope you had some good time away.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited April 2023

@ehab said:
    @FrankZ nice to see you back... hope you had some good time away.

.... And always a pleasure to see you my friend. I really did have a great time while I was away. The wife and I went up in the mountains to this wonderful spot. The views are spectacular during the day and the sky is so big and bright at night. The weather was perfect all week, but is no internet or phone service in this area. The wife had insisted we get out of town as the traffic was insane because of all the tourist in for Easter week. I have such a smart wife. Additionally it is a damn fine trait to have in a gal when she likes to get lifted into a 4x4 truck, camp out away from it all every so often, and can carry herself well while she's there.

Note: My wife reads LES. :sunglasses:

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@ehab said:
    @FrankZ nice to see you back... hope you had some good time away.

.... And always a pleasure to see you my friend. I really did have a great time while I was away. The wife and I went up in the mountains to this wonderful spot. The views are spectacular during the day and the sky is so big and bright at night. The weather was perfect all week, but is no internet or phone service in this area. The wife had insisted we get out of town as the traffic was insane because of all the tourist in for Easter week. I have such a smart wife. Additionally it is a damn fine trait to have in a gal when she likes to get lifted into a 4x4 truck, camp out away from it all every so often, and can carry herself well while she's there.

did sound fun and hopefully you take such breaks more often.

Note: My wife reads LES. :sunglasses:

greetings to your wife.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Just found this: https://virmach.com/vps-price-match-refugee-offers/
    Great deals, but only for new signups. :'(

• edited April 2023

@FrankZ said: Translation from Flying_Chinamanise:
    Thank you VirMach for ensuring that the Ryzen nodes are stable, and the ticket queue is under control, before posting a new sales thread for Epyc.

Yo that's yor own interpretation, nice catch though

Thanked by (1)FrankZ