VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• The scalpers are afraid that customers will buy cheap goods directly from VIR, which will make it difficult for them to sell their VPS. Boss, please help the scalpers and cancel all orders from refugees.

• @FrankZ said:
    Note: My wife reads LES. :sunglasses:

Then you are a very lucky guy, since she apparantly can deal with nerds/geeks and most likely knows a bit of computers herself so you aren't bothered with the "who is this mailer-daemon guy and what is he doing with my mail" a few times a day...

[No, my wife is not on LES]

• ruiknoruikno Retired
    edited April 2023

Actually some scalpers have sold the $9.88 package to others for $40. That is crazy...

• @VirMach said:

@Encoders said: where did port 25 paid addons go? iirc it's a thing back then, also port80/443 addon

It's still there, I assume only if you have a product that can get it, you might only have an older product that already has the grandfathered version (nothing) or perhaps a new plan where I didn't bother adding it.

I see, thanks. I was about to make receive-only email server using current vps.. and then I saw you have cheaper shared hosting. good enough for me

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• @FrankZ said: My wife reads

@Calypso said: my wife is not on LES

Yor chaps have wives, the old fart has his sport car.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh, everyone else gets something fancy.

smartass shitposting satirist

• edited April 2023

@Encoders said: I see, thanks. I was about to make receive-only email server using current vps.. and then I saw you have cheaper shared hosting. good enough for me

check out https://purelymail.com using their advanced plan, I am paying like $0.60 per month using 3GB storage for my incoming email on my own domain.

I use a virmach vps for aliasing with AnonAddy self-hosted, forwarding to my purelymail account.

Thanked by (1)Encoders
  • VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited April 2023

I'm going to take off the coupon/new account requirement for the deal everyone keeps ordering on new multi-accounts, just please wait a few hours probably instead of breaking our terms of service.

Edit: By the way some changes will have to made for it work out with no limits and with Tokyo and biennial in the mix (we initially messed a few things up, of course we'll continue to honor all those that already sold and activated.) It'll more or less be very similar and of course still achieve its goal of being competitively priced for the price match.

@ruikno said:
    Actually some scalpers have sold the $9.88 package to others for $40. That is crazy...

I guess people really value the recurring discounts. Except it seems like if we actually tried to do a high setup fee, low recurring plan, no one's interested. The scalpers probably do a better job of marketing it than us :)

• ruiknoruikno Retired
    edited April 2023

@VirMach said:
    of course we'll continue to honor all those that already sold and activated.

Will you reopen the flash sale orders cancelled by you?

edited April 2023

Okay, done. Looks a lot better IMO in many ways. Tokyo still not back, may or may not come back at same or higher setup. The biggest change is probably biennial prices, I accidentally used the wrong discount formula for those initially it seems (it was closer to ours than theirs for the multiplier.) Of course anyone who already purchased locks in the price, as usual.

So yeah, no more coupon required, stop making multiple accounts, ty.

• Good to see VirMach still doing well, all the best

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@FAT32 said:
    Good to see VirMach still doing well, all the best

and good to see you too. <3

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Boss, the adjusted price has made even the refugees hesitate.

• @VirMach Since rDNS is properly configured in the SolusVM control panel, I may need to use it.

So is it possible to fix the "Invalid vserverid or username" problem?

from google translate

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Calypso said:

@FrankZ said:
    Note: My wife reads LES. :sunglasses:

Then you are a very lucky guy, since she apparantly can deal with nerds/geeks and most likely knows a bit of computers herself so you aren't bothered with the "who is this mailer-daemon guy and what is he doing with my mail" a few times a day...

[No, my wife is not on LES]

Absolutely agree that I am a lucky guy to have such a wonderful wife. My wife is better with computers than I am. So normally I am the one asking her the questions. :sunglasses:

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@FAT32 said:
    Good to see VirMach still doing well, all the best

welcome back!

Thanked by (2)FAT32 Wonder_Woman

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Good to see all VMs are being stable.

• ruiknoruikno Retired

@ben said:
    Boss, the adjusted price has made even the refugees hesitate.

Boss, the adjusted price has made even me hesitate.

@ben said:

@ruikno said:

@ben said:

Boss, the adjusted price has made even me hesitate.

Not sure what you mean specifically but let's go over it all, for future reference, I guess?

768MB went from $10.18 (a while ago) --> $9.88 --> $9.88
    1.5GB went from not existing to coming soon --> $14.88
    2.5GB went from $20.98 --> $21.88 (+$0.90) but +30GB disk
    3.5GB went from $29.11 --> $33.88 (+$4.77) but +30GB disk and +2TB BW
    4.5GB went from $43.39 --> $48.88 (+$5.49) but +0.5GB RAM and +25GB disk

Biennial prices definitely went up, I believe old multiplier was accidentally 1.6x when I meant to do 1.8x but it's now 1.88x mostly because the numbers came out nicer and the competitor's multiplier is like 1.95x to 1.98x

And then monthly and quarterly I think I kept it more or less the same but I don't have the exact figures. If anyone thinks the pricing's too high though I guess you could always go and pay more for older server performance =)

Remember, the plans would cost the following instead if we 100% went based off just a match:

• 768MB: $9.88 --> $10.28
    • 1.5GB: 14.88 --> $16.88
    • 2.5GB: $21.88 --> $28.55
    • 3.5GB: 33.88 --> $38.88
    • 4.5GB: 48.88 --> $58.88

And restricted to just four locations right now. And not Ryzen. And not NVMe.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ ruikno ZA_capetown

@FrankZ said: Absolutely agree that I am a lucky guy to have such a wonderful wife. My wife is better with computers than I am. So normally I am the one asking her the questions.

I need to get a wife like this and then trick her into taking over.

• ruiknoruikno Retired
    edited April 2023

@VirMach said:
    Remember, the plans would cost the following instead if we 100% went based off just a match:

Boss, No one buys their current plans, too expensive. What we love is

768MB: $0.988
    1.5GB: $1.488
    2.5GB: $2.188
    3.5GB: $3.388
    4.5GB: $4.888

• @ruikno said:

@VirMach said:

Boss, No one buys their current plans, too expensive. What we love is

768MB: $0.988
    1.5GB: $1.488
    2.5GB: $2.188
    3.5GB: $3.388
    4.5GB: $4.888

/Monthly

Thanked by (1)tototo
  • edited April 2023

@VirMach said: Tokyo still not back

@VirMach said: I need to get a wife like this and then trick her into taking over.

We demand Tokyo and wives!

• @Flying_Chinaman said:

@VirMach said: Tokyo still not back

@VirMach said: I need to get a wife like this and then trick her into taking over.

We demand Tokyo and wives!

we would you like this to go along

• @ehab said: like this

Okay, Tokyo or wives?

• edited April 2023

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@ehab said: like this

Okay, Tokyo or wives?

none but if it makes you happy there is

Thanked by (1)Flying_Chinaman
  • Boss, can the paid migration feature of the RN series be kept permanently?

• Hello virmach, can I ask if TYOC029 has recovered, it seems that my vps is still offline, thank you

• edited April 2023

What's wrong with the looking glass in Tokyo?

I planned to buy some, but now I give up.
    Looking glass should be shining instead of gathering dust.

MicroLXC is lovable.

• edited April 2023

Hail @VirMach , wa'z your biz with the double bandwidth lad.

Why it is a refugee offer? At least He did run away once at AlphaRacks but not this time I wonder.

edited April 2023

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    Hail @VirMach , wa'z your biz with the double bandwidth lad.

Why it is a refugee offer? At least He did run away once at AlphaRacks but not this time I wonder.

It's a VPS price match and refugee offer page. The deals are price matches, for whatever reason. No refugee requirement. The refugee portion is the form filled out at the bottom although it could be used both ways I suppose.

But I guess obviously it's meant to be a price match to switch over hence why it was originally restricted, but now it's not so it's very much just an unlimited price match.