VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• SEAZ001 IP 47.87.187.xxx

Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

• @FrankZ said:
    @localhost you now have company @tonyapac which is probably good news as I expect that VirMach will notice this issue quicker if there are more than one of you with the same problem.

@tonyapac - Read what I said here. for some tidbits of information regarding this issue.

I'm not sure if my issue was fixed by Virmach or it was fixed by itself just like the issue that happens out of nowhere. Virmach didn't reply to my ticket even after the issue was fixed, so I closed it manually.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@BHS said:
    SEAZ001 IP 47.87.187.xxx

I am having the same issue with my VM on SEAZ001.
    Node SEAZ001 is overloading. Current load average is a bit over 700.

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero BHS

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@BHS said:
    SEAZ001 IP 47.87.187.xxx

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@AuroraZero said:

@FrankZ said:

BHS said:
    SEAZ001 IP 47.87.187.xxx

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@AuroraZero said:

@FrankZ said:

BHS said:
    SEAZ001 IP 47.87.187.xxx

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• I run my code server external authentication proxy there. As it is offline today, my friends and I login code without any authentication. This incident helps me learning more about nginx config; my bad B)

• LAXA031 also seems to be taking a dump right now

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@CyberneticTitan said:
    LAXA031 also seems to be taking a dump right now

Thank you for the update, looks like it has been unavailable for about six hours. That is actually good news for me as I have a VM on LAXA031 that developed the "No boot device available" yesterday. Hoping a reboot will fix it without having to wait as long as normal. Fingers crossed. :)

Thanked by (1)xyz

• @VirMach VM on SEAZ005 have been not reachable for over 3 months. Ip4 47.87.135.xxx . Unsuccessfully tried every troubleshooting steps in the book reconfigure network, re-install various os images, reboot, VNC and verified all networks files, disabled firewall resolver but still not connected to internet and can't ssh from outside. Ticket open for over a month and also created priority ticket $ but no help. Please @VirMach help!

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited June 2023

@xyz said:
    @VirMach VM on SEAZ005 have been not reachable for over 3 months. Ip4 47.87.135.xxx . Unsuccessfully tried every troubleshooting steps in the book reconfigure network, re-install various os images, reboot, VNC and verified all networks files, disabled firewall resolver but still not connected to internet and can't ssh from outside. Ticket open for over a month and also created priority ticket $ but no help. Please @VirMach help!

I have a VM on SEAZ005 and the IP I have is in a completely different subnet (72.5.34.xxx). If I try to traceroute what should be your gateway IP ( 47.87.135.1) from my VM on SEAZ005 it shows as 35 ms away at quadranet.com (LAX ?). If you would like to PM me your actual IP and default gateway IP I will double check this for you.

Anybody else recently started having IPv6 issues in Tokyo ?
    I can ping6 the IPv6 gateway, but nothing past that and nothing in to the VM via IPv6.

Thanked by (1)xyz

• @FrankZ said:

@xyz said:
    @VirMach VM on SEAZ005 have been not reachable for over 3 months. Ip4 47.87.135.xxx . Unsuccessfully tried every troubleshooting steps in the book reconfigure network, re-install various os images, reboot, VNC and verified all networks files, disabled firewall resolver but still not connected to internet and can't ssh from outside. Ticket open for over a month and also created priority ticket $ but no help. Please @VirMach help!

I have a VM on SEAZ005 and the IP I have is in a completely different subnet (72.5.34.xxx). If I try to traceroute what should be your gateway IP ( 47.87.135.1) from my VM on SEAZ005 it shows as 35 ms away at quadranet.com (LAX ?). If you would like to PM me your actual IP and default gateway IP I will double check this for you.

Appreciate checking for me, messaged you.

• @FrankZ said:

@xyz said:

My VM on SEAZ005 has an IP same net as @FrankZ and works fine.

@xyz, Curious, what IP does your panel show in the the Main IP's field.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ xyz
  • @skorous said:

@FrankZ said:

@xyz said:

My VM on SEAZ005 has an IP same net as @FrankZ and works fine.

@xyz, Curious, what IP does your panel show in the the Main IP's field.

Panel main IP is same as 47.87.135.xxx inside the gateway 47.87.135.1 but @FrankZ mentioned that is from LAX subnet not sure how I got that in SEA. I did go through a migration from LAX so could be messed up migration

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited June 2023

@xyz - If you received a email from the migration, check if the IPs that show in the email match what you show in the panel. I expect that they do, but if they don't and are from the 72.5.34.xxx subnet you should be able to fix this without VirMach.

Thanked by (1)xyz

• @FrankZ what don't you visit virvir and help him. He need your fingers to focus.... do you remember my dream :)

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@ehab said:
    @FrankZ what don't you visit virvir and help him. He need your fingers to focus.... do you remember my dream :)

Yes, I remember your dream, but I don't think that VirMach wants my help.

Thanked by (1)ehab

• @FrankZ said:
    @xyz - If you received a email from the migration, check if the IPs that show in the email match what you show in the panel. I expect that they do, but if they don't and are from the 72.5.34.xxx subnet you should be able to fix this without VirMach.

same Ip in the email. This is one of those super cheap VM during 2019 BF, I assume @VirMach want me to get frustrated and cancel myself without resolution. Should I request new Ip? That is like $3 and may be they have automation to assign from the right subnet?

• @xyz said:

@FrankZ said:

same Ip in the email. This is one of those super cheap VM during 2019 BF, I assume @VirMach want me to get frustrated and cancel myself without resolution. Should I request new Ip? That is like $3 and may be they have automation to assign from the right subnet?

As a person with several of those, I'm going to say he isn't putting that kind of effort into getting rid of us. :)

I don't expect it should cost you anything since your current one won't work on the location you're at. Will it take a while? Probably. But now at least you can update your existing ticket with useful information. Maybe it'll go faster since all he has to do is assign you one relevant to your server location. Who can say?

Thanked by (2)FrankZ xyz
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Since you have waited three months already, I would let it ride as is for a little while longer. Maybe @VirMach will see your post here on LES and have someone assign your VM some correct IPv4 for the node you are on instead of the ones from the Los Angeles node you migrated from. I expect there is only one VM trying to use IPv4 from the 47.87.135.xx subnet on node SEAZ005 so it should not be that hard to find.

Thanked by (3)skorous ehab xyz

• edited June 2023

What is the next location for a full outage?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited June 2023

@JoeMerit said:
    What is the next location for a full outage?

Although there is not a full location outage anywhere at the moment, Atlanta comes pretty close, as I only see one node still responding there. (fixed) Personally I am keeping my eye on SEAZ001 which has a load average of 833 1,138 currently. I can't help but wonder if it will catch on fire, or get rebooted before doing so.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

• I have a shared hosting service with Virmach.com, and unfortunately, the service has been down since April. However, I recently received a bill for the next year's subscription, which is due on 06/30/2023. I am concerned about making the payment while the service is still not restored. Is there a way to pause or postpone the payment until the service is fully operational again?

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

considering to let go these BF deals soon:

• LAX beast 5C5G35GB 3900X
    • SJC 3C4G30GB 3950X

both have been stable. any interest?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:
    considering to let go these BF deals soon:

• LAX beast 5C5G35GB 3900X
    • SJC 3C4G30GB 3950X

both have been stable. any interest?

What are the renewal prices on those bad boys?

Thanked by (3)FrankZ skorous xyz
  • ATLZ009 is back :)

Thanked by (2)FrankZ tetech
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited June 2023

Thanks @dgc1980 !!
    It looks like the network issue involving ATLZ005, ATLZ007B, ATLZ009, and ATLZ010 has been resolved.
    My VM on ATLZ007B is back as well, no restart.

From the status page:

06/09/2023 19:04
    LAXA031 is being rebooted for an emergency patch, related to disk.

After reaching a load average 1,620, and a reboot, the problem on SEAZ001 seems to have been resolved. My VM is now responding normally.

• IPv6 in Tokyo is indeed dead, since yesterday.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @FrankZ said:
    Thank you for the update, looks like it has been unavailable for about six hours. That is actually good news for me as I have a VM on LAXA031 that developed the "No boot device available" yesterday. Hoping a reboot will fix it without having to wait as long as normal. Fingers crossed. :)

Has your LAXA031 VM been able to be brought back online after the node reboot? I don't seem to be able to boot my VM, mount a recovery disk, or even access VNC at the moment.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@CyberneticTitan said: Has your LAXA031 VM been able to be brought back online after the node reboot? I don't seem to be able to boot my VM, mount a recovery disk, or even access VNC at the moment.

Not yet, my VM just shows "offline" in the billing panel. If I attempt to boot it, it continues to show "offline". I expect that this means that customers are not allowed to start VMs on LAXA031 as of yet. VirMach has probably identified a further issue with this node, and until it is corrected, we have to wait.