• This time again to enjoy OUTAGE PARTY

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Wonder_Woman said:

@cybertech said:
    considering to let go these BF deals soon:

• LAX beast 5C5G35GB 3900X
    • SJC 3C4G30GB 3950X

both have been stable. any interest?

What are the renewal prices on those bad boys?

Thanked by (1)Wonder_Woman

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Nice plan cybertech, I have a 3c/5g/60G with 30$ renewal price.

• edited June 2023

Anyone using the ryzen flash deals for serious production use? (where you would be losing money or reputation if they were offline.) Just trying to decide if i'm thinking about my $100+ worth of flash deals the right way.

i.e. if its a fun toy/hobby thing, where you get tons of performance and cheap resources and can do things like run Windows, where youd never be able to do that on $2 per month (or less, lol!) VPS elsewhere, but the tradeoff is that it can have lengthy downtimes. OR if its something that really should be okay for production use?

• @JoeMerit said:
    Anyone using the ryzen flash deals for serious production use? (where you would be losing money or reputation if they were offline.) Just trying to decide if i'm thinking about my $100+ worth of flash deals the right way.

i.e. if its a fun toy/hobby thing, where you get tons of performance and cheap resources and can do things like run Windows, where youd never be able to do that on $2 per month (or less, lol!) VPS elsewhere, but the tradeoff is that it can have lengthy downtimes. OR if its something that really should be okay for production use?

You say, "where you would be losing money or reputation if they were offline," but for serious production use you shouldn't be in that situation anyway. Would it be perfectly appropriate for serious production use as a single-node web server for clients with hard SLA's? Prob'ly not. Would it be okay for serious production as part of a redundant group of application servers where if a single node goes temporarily AWOL the other locations pick up the slack? I'd say definitely. I believe there are several people on here using them for purposes like that currently.

• @skorous said:

@JoeMerit said:

You say, "where you would be losing money or reputation if they were offline," but for serious production use you shouldn't be in that situation anyway. Would it be perfectly appropriate for serious production use as a single-node web server for clients with hard SLA's? Prob'ly not. Would it be okay for serious production as part of a redundant group of application servers where if a single node goes temporarily AWOL the other locations pick up the slack? I'd say definitely. I believe there are several people on here using them for purposes like that currently.

I think there are some places where you could host on a single node and expect that you will be okay. Since the flash sale we've experienced multiple full location outages, IP addresses for multiple locations being dropped off the internet by the IP owner, week/month long node outages etc... On the other hand, name a provider where you will get 4 cores, 4-6gb of ram and tons of storage/bandwidth (including 2 or more IPv4) for under $2 month. I guess i'm to the point where i'm willing to accept the outages, knowing that when its up, its not going to be beaten for the price by any other provider. (just maybe not $100+/yr worth, might just keep 1 or 2 of the best deals.)

• @JoeMerit said:

@skorous said:

@JoeMerit said:

I think there are some places where you could host on a single node and expect that you will be okay.

Your risk tolerance is higher than mine. There's always network upgrades, provider maintenance, etc... that happen. Over the last few years even Amazon has had multiple regional outages of half a day or more. If my reputation is on the line I'm running redundant locations.

• edited June 2023

It depends. Imho. GCV brings better value for a dollar (considering every aspect of a service). Especially their anniversary and blackfriday deals. (things like their super reliable 7777MB RAM, 4 cores, 47GB SSD, IPv6, quick support response ... for $47.00 USD / biennially - and that's not even my favourite deal with them).

I have resources wise one really terrific deal from VirMach (2GB memory, 4 cores, 100GB NVMe disk, 2 IPs .. for barely $19.99 /yr) and there are people with most likely even better deals, but because of known reasons I mostly let it idle. It's simply more comfortable for me to use super reliable 4GB memory, 2 cores, etc... stuff for $25 /y or something from GCV, Kuro, HH, etc...

btw. my XenVZ uk vps has like 2 or 3 short outages in the last 10 years. Pretty much the same with little securedragon. Sadly both boxes are highly outdated and won't be renewed ...

• @Mumbly are the 'known reasons' the concern that there is low tolerance for putting the CPU under load and leading to termination?

• edited June 2023

I haven't thought about that as my stuff isn't CPU intensive. More like unspecific long term outages without knowing when stuff will come back, IPs renumbering again and again, etc.
    Nothing what can't be migitated with other VPSes, but it takes time, and sometimes with recurring issues and unspecific long outages it simply isn't worth it as there are more reliable hosting companies with (still) budget pricing who even in the case of short term outage work actively on the issue instread of let it in the queve for unspecific time of the year.
    I can easily use Virmach for eggdrops, vpn, webssh, etc... (mostly idle stuff used on a case-by-case basis) but I would never use it for lets say thelounge with hundred or more people connected through to my local irc community and crashed down every so often.

• @cybertech said:

@Wonder_Woman said:

@cybertech said:

• SJC 3C4G30GB 3950X

How much are you looking to get for them?

• @JoeMerit said:
    Anyone using the ryzen flash deals for serious production use?

I'm running a personal email server on one. I've had terrible uptimes this past year on multiple providers. I've learned the hard way to mirror the files to multiple locations, so I can spin it up the server somewhere else with minimal effort if need be. Even Oracle Cloud had a massive outage in their Ashburn DC last week.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ skorous
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Wonder_Woman said:

@cybertech said:

@Wonder_Woman said:

@cybertech said:

• SJC 3C4G30GB 3950X

How much are you looking to get for them?

will probably check again once i'm ready to let them go.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @vgood said:

@VirMach said:

We'll begin accepting 2FA reset requests on 5/21/2023 and there's a 2 week lockout period for phone.

>

ok, I have applied for a ticket for Google Authenticator Phone 2FA removal ( Ticket#929289 05/22/2023 ) thanks...

For more than 2 weeks, there has been no response to this problem from @VirMach
    but they can still send invoice notifications to renew VPS. meanwhile, until now I haven't been able to log in to the VPS panel and can't use VPS anymore. Very confusing

• @VirMach NYCB048 is being down since May 1st. Your assistance in bringing it back is highly needed

• @nightcat said:
    Nice plan cybertech, I have a 3c/5g/60G with 30$ renewal price.

Mine is 5C/6G/25G $15.54

• Tokyo029 is down @VirMach

• @jcolideles said:

@nightcat said:
    Nice plan cybertech, I have a 3c/5g/60G with 30$ renewal price.

Mine is 5C/6G/25G $15.54

You decide to get rid of that one you let me know. :)

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

No updates to the official status page, but my VM on LAXA031 came back up 45 minutes ago without any data loss. This was previously down with the "no boot disk found" error.

Thanked by (1)tuc

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @JoeMerit said:
    Anyone using the ryzen flash deals for serious production use? (where you would be losing money or reputation if they were offline.)

Don't we all lose billions per hour if the VPS is offline?

LowEndLOLs: Billions Per Hour

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• The IPv6 of Tokyo 033 node seems to no longer be functioning.

• edited June 2023

anyone know what subnets support rdns? seems alibaba cloud range just timesout when attempting to open the rdns option.

ok, checked over every vps I have, and the ones that are not ali do not support it :(

• edited June 2023

It is another dry day without lads ranting "Virmach goes dung"

smartass shitposting satirist

• One mine VPS on PHXZ001 do not respond on commands from panel, just tried to reinstall and nothing happen, stop also have no effect, tried from VM control panel same, I guess only support can fix this?
    I can reinstall from editing grub and using VNC but :)

• My Tokyo 005C VPS has been offline for 3 weeks at least.
    Troubleshooting shows node is online, but ip and service are not. VNC unreachable.
    Tried reboot/reinstall debian 10 and ubuntu 20.04 several times, but still no luck.
    Ticket only got auto reply and been closed days after, nothing fixed at all.
    That's awesome.

• One of the VPS on PHXZ001 has been offline for a long time, but the probe shows that PHXZ001 is normal.

• @YanJony said:
    One of the VPS on PHXZ001 has been offline for a long time, but the probe shows that PHXZ001 is normal.

My service on PHXZ001 is online fine.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Anyone know if Virmach gains the '10 tbit ddos protection' in its Dedipath locations, that dedipath advertises now for dedipath vps and dedi customers?

• My service on PHXZ001 is also offline, not responding to rescue mode, boot/power on button, reinstall OS button. vnc unreachable.

Also don't want to open ticket, afraid of 'Payment Agreement' checkbox :'(

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• edited June 2023

VPS is falling dung,
    Falling dung, falling dung,
    VPS is falling dung

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

smartass shitposting satirist