VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @tulipyun said:
    My service on PHXZ001 is also offline, not responding to rescue mode, boot/power on button, reinstall OS button. vnc unreachable.

Also don't want to open ticket, afraid of 'Payment Agreement' checkbox :'(

Same problem here and I raised the priority ticket 2 weeks ago with 'Payment Agreement' checkbox checked but still no response

• node laxa031 back online. Hopefully the same to the others

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    VPS is falling dung,
    Falling dung, falling dung,
    VPS is falling dung

This post made me laugh out loud. Really LOL!

Thanked by (1)Flying_Chinaman

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• It seems that @VirMach has no plan to fix NYCB servers at the moment.

• So what if I told you a year later, even though it was migrated to a new network, hardware and addressing, the VM on the old network was still running?

• @jtk said:
    So what if I told you a year later, even though it was migrated to a new network, hardware and addressing, the VM on the old network was still running?

I'd probably get a confused look and say, "Come again?"

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@BNNY said:
    It seems that @VirMach has no plan to fix NYCB servers at the moment.

I expect that you are talking about the NYC shared hosting server. The issues on this server were obviously not going to be fixed quickly based on what VirMach said over the last couple of months. Personally I moved on regarding VirMach shared hosting and would advise you to do so as well. Although if you wish to continue waiting I expect it will come back eventually, along with a service extension.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• My VPS at TYOC029 is still offline, what should I do! Can I continue to open a ticket?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited June 2023

@newlan said: My VPS at TYOC029 is still offline, what should I do! Can I continue to open a ticket?

When it says "The node is currently locked" that means that VirMach is working on that node and if people are starting, stopping, or reinstalling it could cause further issues. You don't need to have an open ticket for this type of issue to be resolved. When the underlying issue (firmware, kernel mods, hardware) is resolved your VM will work again.

Thanked by (1)ehab

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:
    When it says "The node is currently locked" that means that VirMach is working on that node and if people are starting, stopping, or reinstalling it could cause further issues. You don't need to have an open ticket for this type of issue to be resolved.

All right, I found out that the node status is running, my VPS is still offline, a bit overwhelmed
    Now I just have to keep waiting

• TYC029 is okay now

• (into) <![CDATA[VirMach® Network Issues Feed]]> https://billing.virmach.com/networkissues.php > https://billing.virmach.com/networkissues.php?view=nid1512 Thu, 15 Jun 2023 01:48:00 -0700 <![CDATA[
    (into) PHXZ001 is overloading and not responding while attempting to restore control panel functionality. It may have to be rebooted.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited June 2023

LAXA031, TYC029, PHXZ001 (soon™), seems VirMach has been getting some stuff done.

• Nice! PHXZ001 is okay now.

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• @VirMach any news about the NYCB006 ?

• @FrankZ said:

@newlan said: My VPS at TYOC029 is still offline, what should I do! Can I continue to open a ticket?

When it says "The node is currently locked" that means that VirMach is working on that node and if people are starting, stopping, or reinstalling it could cause further issues. You don't need to have an open ticket for this type of issue to be resolved. When the underlying issue (firmware, kernel mods, hardware) is resolved your VM will work again.

its means SHIT ! the NYCB006 is locked for 1 month now..... i think it mean he will work on it someday

Thanked by (1)bliss
  • @localhost said:

@tonyapac said:

@localhost
    Let's see and wait together.

Yup... hopefully we will start to get noticed... by @VirMach

Seems we are ignored by @VirMach

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • @tonyapac said:

@localhost said:

@tonyapac said:

@localhost
    Let's see and wait together.

Yup... hopefully we will start to get noticed... by @VirMach

Seems we are ignored by @VirMach

Don't feel bad bud I am always ignored until it is too late

Thanked by (2)localhost skorous

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @VirMach any update on NYCB048 ?

• WTF?. I got down email notification from Hetrix last night, and when I checked today, my VPS got wiped out and the OS changed to windows?? checked the solusvm log and it has no record about the OS changes.. i guess Virmach nuked wrong VPS?

• @rkzed said:
    WTF?. I got down email notification from Hetrix last night, and when I checked today, my VPS got wiped out and the OS changed to windows?? checked the solusvm log and it has no record about the OS changes.. i guess Virmach nuked wrong VPS?

That might make sense except for two things.

One you can still see the VM in Solus.

Second it was changed to Windows with no log on your end.

This would not be the case if they nuked it and reassigned it.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @AuroraZero said:

@rkzed said:
    WTF?. I got down email notification from Hetrix last night, and when I checked today, my VPS got wiped out and the OS changed to windows?? checked the solusvm log and it has no record about the OS changes.. i guess Virmach nuked wrong VPS?

That might make sense except for two things.

One you can still see the VM in Solus.

Second it was changed to Windows with no log on your end.

This would not be the case if they nuked it and reassigned it.

well, maybe not nuked but they did reinstall OS on wrong VPS.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@rkzed said:

We don't process re-installs, for the most part. We can check logs to see what happened, where it was re-installed from and such, if you create a ticket but there's a large ticket backlog. Just make sure to have a good title mentioning the issue so I can catch it in the queue. I'd highly recommend you add two factor and reset your credentials just in case for now.

@cold said:
    @VirMach any news about the NYCB006 ?

Something happened which I don't feel comfortable discussing publicly at this time, it pushed back the timeline as we had to take inventory of everything. What I can confirm is that all the NYC servers are currently accounted for and sitting on a workbench.

Some other updates:

• All servers have received the latest patches on almost everything I've discussed the last several months. Apart from any that have other active potential issues, all servers should now have improved stability.
    • Almost all (95%+) of servers have received a larger partition for ISO and templates, and receiving a large sync. This will also allow us to add in many more requested templates as well as add another round of updated distros.
    • All servers are now being locked off sooner. Not that it has been a major issue, but this means lower overselling so servers will have more breathing room than before, as we prepare to send out more servers.
    • A lot of time was spent looking into clusters of servers that have recently had outages, overloading, and other issues, and this was incorporated into the patch that went out. These include servers such as PHXZ001, LAXA031, and TYOC029. I do apologize for no updates on these on network status page but we've been having a lot of these new issues and I was laser focused on quickly hashing out a solution so it doesn't turn into an NYC shipping back servers situation.

The people reporting services still offline on nodes such as TYOC029 above, it's the re-install during issues that causes disk to go away problem which we've discussed here before. I've been working on an automated solution to auto-generate these in the future but it's not close to being done. This most recent batch and anything else will most likely be addressed after NYC servers on the workbench, since that's had so many delays.

Hopefully the said patching of all servers should reduce these random clusters of long outages, which will naturally free up time for everything else. Ticket backlog is still unfortunately pretty bad but the new auto ticket creation/guidance system or whatever we want to call it has definitely been helping compared to the past.

I'm still not in a position to hang around here a lot right now, but I should be back after NYC server issues are resolved, ticket backlog cleared, and the 30~ or so other servers sent out to datacenters.

• edited June 2023

All of sudden, VirmAch actually showed up!

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

smartass shitposting satirist

• @Flying_Chinaman said:
    All of sudden, VirmAch actually showed up!

R U VIRMACH ?

• edited June 2023

@ehab said: R U VIRMACH ?

God blast bless him

Just get over excited for he is still alive and haven't run away

Thanked by (1)ehab

smartass shitposting satirist

• @tulipyun said:
    Nice! PHXZ001 is okay now.

I perform boot up and restart on my VPS and can't get him online.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@YanJony said: I perform boot up and restart on my VPS and can't get him online.

A little more info on what the issue is could be helpful.
    Is this a new VM, have you install an O/S ?
    Does it show online in the panel but show a "boot disk not found" type error in VNC.
    Does it show some other error ?

• @VirMach My problem at TYOC029 node is still not resolved, is there any expected recovery time

• @VirMach is 140.99.163.xxx in N.Y will be replaced?