VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @VirMach said:

@tomsm said:
    ny 022 is not work Offline PhysicalValuable-VM id:688689

Click on also can not be normal

This is the #1 issue and #1 reason we get tickets recently. People have an old ISO mounted, probably forget about it, after it gets rebooted a long time later, especially if we updated the ISO since then, SolusVM will not unmount it automatically and instead completely refuses to boot the VM back online without providing proper error on clientside.

I made a knowledgebase article for it already but all you need to know is you have to unmount ISO and then boot.

Make script to automatically unmount ISO after 48 hours.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• edited July 2023

OK,is work It's a little more complicated. Mainly operate these two buttons

First uninstall ios, then boot, and finally on

• @VirMach is there anyway you can check the status of RYZE.NYC-B001.VMS? I have a VM that is offline, but I don't see anything mentioned about that node...

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@rockinmusicgv said:
    @VirMach is there anyway you can check the status of RYZE.NYC-B001.VMS? I have a VM that is offline, but I don't see anything mentioned about that node...

That doesn't exist which means I entered hostname for that wrong, whatever you're looking at, get me the node name instead.

NYCB017 back up, will be migrated soon. SolusVM migration tool broke again so I'm just going to be doing it differently most likely, slight delay on the emergency migration on them.

NYCB028 back up.

@adef_1 said:
    NYCB027 node remains locked.

NYCB027 node remains locked.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

@tomsm said:
    OK,is work It's a little more complicated. Mainly operate these two buttons

First uninstall ios, then boot, and finally on

Yeah I don't like how those buttons work but I didn't make any changes to them outside of moving the location of the button, I'll actually see if I can improve that in general.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:

@rockinmusicgv said:
    @VirMach is there anyway you can check the status of RYZE.NYC-B001.VMS? I have a VM that is offline, but I don't see anything mentioned about that node...

That doesn't exist which means I entered hostname for that wrong, whatever you're looking at, get me the node name instead.

This was in Solus. The node name was changed to RYZE.NYC-B028.VMS.

• @VirMach said:

@fluttershy said:

@VirMach said:

Sounds like there's some definitive underlying electrical issues that caused it in the first place, and on top of that it sounds like their fire safety systems may have also failed if the fire department had to be called in to bring it under control.

Due to the amount of electricity flowing through these buildings, the fire department has to be involved every time, even if suppression works properly.

Miss you buddy.

I miss you too!

• My vps is still offline, I've tried booting from Hard Disk or CDROM, OS Almalinux 8 is installed on the hard disk, VPS ID 633141 Node RYZE.NYC-B028.VMS.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

time for Virtfusion!!!!

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Virtual Confusion ?

• @BHS said:
    My vps is still offline, I've tried booting from Hard Disk or CDROM, OS Almalinux 8 is installed on the hard disk, VPS ID 633141 Node RYZE.NYC-B028.VMS.

It's online now, Thanks.

• New IPs in NYC? How come?

• @Mumbly said:
    New IPs in NYC? How come?

Dunno but changed mine a few hours ago and seems fine.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited July 2023

I don't see any new IPs for my VMs on NYCB036 or NYCB015.

EDIT: I see now on the status page that this may only effect the nodes being emergency migrated NYCB011X, NYCB017, and NYCB034X

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

edited July 2023

@FrankZ said:
    I don't see any new IPs for my VMs on NYCB036 or NYCB015.

EDIT: I see now on the status page that this may only effect the nodes being emergency migrated NYCB011X, NYCB017, and NYCB034X

It's sent through emails tickets, no network issue yet unless some plans change. These are the IPv4 that were raised in price by 60% or so, which we kept so they'd stay the same, but then they were changed anyway with short notice. We'd have done it sooner but wasn't possible to do properly with the short notice, we're doing it now so we can save a few thousand a month plus to add in rDNS feature for most of them (some will still not have it as it's from a different IP provider.)

All in all not that many people affected and we also locked off most the nodes a while back so the nodes have died down a little bit.

The NYCB011, NYCB017, NYCB034, about half of them actually keep their IP addresses, we just moved it over to another node and those nodes will end up getting switched to the blocks from NYCB011, NYCB017, NYCB034. These actually weren't part of the planned change, we just couldn't move all of them together to one node so some get IP changes and we're moving them off because they have problems which continued after the outage. These were the ones that took longer to come back online or started overloading, and NYCB034 has been unstable and needs to basically be scrapped as it's the second time after previous extensive maintenance it's breaking.

We're keeping Seattle and San Jose as the old blocks for now for the most part, since a lot of customers from China and could cause more problems for them I assume if swapped out and the replacement IP is firewalled. May or may not change these but with more notice and options first. Wouldn't want to move like 1,000 people and then find out most of them have issues.

So how it works for anyone who didn't get an email but interested: (1) we already have the working block added to the server, we assign you an extra IP address on this block, (2) you get a ticket notifying you an about a weeks' notice, (3) if you change it and reconfigure on your own time, all good, done. If not we'll go through in about a week and swap it out and reconfigure. Both addresses will work until next week, then the old IP addresses are pulled.

So far 5 servers in NYC have gotten the notices, 1 in Phoenix, and then today 5 more in NYC, and 3 in Atlanta will receive it.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ AlwaysSkint skorous
  • edited July 2023

@VirMach

We recommend performing the IP change yourself to make the transition as smooth as possible. To do so, please navigate to your server's "full VPS control panel", click the "Network" tab, and click the "Set as Main IP Address" button next to the newly added IP address. When you have confirmed that the new IP address has been set as your main IP address, click the "Re-configure Networking" button to configure the new IP address(es) to your server.

"no worky"

RYZE.NYC-B028.VMS

New IP: 47.xx.186.xxx

Address is not announced by any AS.

Address has 0 hosts associated with it.

• @Mumbly said: RYZE.NYC-B028.VMS

same node, same issue :)

Thanked by (1)Mumbly
  • Any idea why Debian 11 Ryzen compatible templates have been removed?

Thanked by (1)zgato
  • Reminder: network auto reconfigure seems to assume eth0. This may require manual intervention to change to ens3, for some.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ skorous

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Reminder: network auto reconfigure seems to assume eth0. This may require manual intervention to change to ens3, for some.

Mentally strong template designer puts in networkd config that matches netif by MAC address, so that netif name does not matter.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• Not issue here. What node you're on?
    Seems like newly added RYZE.NYC-B028.VMS block isn't announced at all or something.

• @dgc1980 said:

@Mumbly said: RYZE.NYC-B028.VMS

same node, same issue :)

I think I had the same issue. I noticed the gateway address ended in .0 so I changed it to .1, but didn't help. I reverted back. I had one other that worked OK on another system. I have three others that need to change, but no going to spend anymore time on this.

• I do not understand the installation fee of $30 charged for the Tokyo computer room!

• @haoda said:

I do not understand the installation fee of $30 charged for the Tokyo computer room!

Simple: it is to compensate for the excess amount of Tickets (work orders) created by those who want a VPS (chickens) in Tokyo.

@Mumbly said:
    @VirMach

We recommend performing the IP change yourself to make the transition as smooth as possible. To do so, please navigate to your server's "full VPS control panel", click the "Network" tab, and click the "Set as Main IP Address" button next to the newly added IP address. When you have confirmed that the new IP address has been set as your main IP address, click the "Re-configure Networking" button to configure the new IP address(es) to your server.

"no worky"

RYZE.NYC-B028.VMS

Address is not announced by any AS.

Address has 0 hosts associated with it.

Very frustrated over this. We contacted them July 11th requesting it to be moved over to NYJ, on July 14th they asked us which servers we wanted it assigned to even though we didn't request that (we have our own switch in NYJ) but they didn't even complete the most important part of announcing them in NYJ before just asking us the follow-up question multiple days later just to stall, then assigned to networking team, only for the same guy to come back (not networking guy) to literally say:

Hello Soheil,

Jaden D

And can't get a hold of anyone, I mean I did communicate to networking team successfully yesterday and told them what was going on, then they just disappeared. I assumed they'd have it figured out by now. LOA already processed a long time ago, it should already be on their AS at least.

Thanked by (4)FrankZ skorous BHS Mumbly

VirBot is live, it's just a WHMCS plugin we got that someone else made for now. It works pretty well for an initial reply but it's not meant to replace human support or anything like that. Let me know if you have any suggestions. The message is clearly labeled as an AI reply, and lets you know that it's still in the queue for a human to review it as per usual.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ ZA_capetown FAT32
  • edited July 2023

@VirMach said: VirBot is live

Whaaa' flush sale?

Thanked by (2)lesuser yoursunny

smartass shitposting satirist

• lesuserlesuser OG
    edited July 2023

@Flying_Chinaman said: Whaaa' flush sale?

VirBot does many things.