VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @VirMach said:
    VirBot is live, it's just a WHMCS plugin we got that someone else made for now. It works pretty well for an initial reply but it's not meant to replace human support or anything like that. Let me know if you have any suggestions. The message is clearly labeled as an AI reply, and lets you know that it's still in the queue for a human to review it as per usual.

No, you do not need an AI bot. A simple IR bot is good enough for sure since there are no more than 10 common QA, including "blocked" issue B)

• @VirMach said:

@Flying_Chinaman said: Whaaa' flush sale?

VirBot does many things.

@VirMach please check inbox PM :/

• Has to move site out from virmach network because the IP change.

• @VirMach said:

@Flying_Chinaman said: Whaaa' flush sale?

VirBot does many things.

Can VirBot tell me it loves me?

Thanked by (3)FrankZ storm VirMach
  • Huge benefit of 2 day outage --- benchmark results double because the abusers haven't reloaded their stuff yet.

• JabJab
    edited July 2023

@VirMach don't hide node name in billing panel. I love those fancy buttons, tabs etc but node naaaaaame

also looks like Amsterdam dead/nullrouted - everything last updated 21/22 minutes ago... :D

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• ^ Yup, all three of my AMS are down. :-(

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• AMS node is down; Operation Timed Out After 90000 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

• JabJab
    edited July 2023

We back!

AMS025 is now UP
    Downtime: 2 hr 29 min

$ uptime says:
    up 7 min

So things rebooted :(

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said:
    We back!

AMS025 is now UP
    Downtime: 2 hr 29 min

$ uptime says:
    up 7 min

So things rebooted :(

2 Nodes in AMS still down ;)

• still down.

• came back now.

• @tenpera said:
    still down.

@tenpera said:
    came back now.

Yo' waz' your biz here, taming Virmach?

smartass shitposting satirist

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Jab said: @VirMach don't hide node name in billing panel. I love those fancy buttons, tabs etc but node naaaaaame

Not hidden just moved around. I forgot to push a small update that makes it more visible to where you don't have to hover, I'll do that today maybe.

@AlwaysSkint said:
    ^ Yup, all three of my AMS are down. :-(

I decided to take a nap and this happened, power outage, the two that didn't come online automatically was an issue with a recent change that misbehaved after reboot. These comedic timings are getting way too powerful, I swear it was probably within 5 minutes of falling asleep. Luckily I woke up pretty quickly to take care of my portion of it but I guess I forgot to create a network status update.

I've been kind of/sort of working on a better network issue system. It's a long way from actually being a thing but if it ever comes out I think it'll basically fix the part of this job I'm pretty terrible at which is providing updates.

@JoeMerit said:
    Huge benefit of 2 day outage --- benchmark results double because the abusers haven't reloaded their stuff yet.

Interesting. Not sure if it would've been abusers. I wonder if something was misbehaving ever so slightly that finally went away after a reboot, like maybe a zombie process or a few virtual servers just acting up internally. Let me know node name if it re-appears.

• edited July 2023

My Amsterdam VPS is down again; went down around 23:00 GMT+1, came back 03:45 and went down again @06:10 :-(

Can't see on which node I am, it was AMSD029 in the past.

• edited July 2023

Yo' good fella @VirMach
    Ya mentioned sen' more racks to Tokyo
    We don' see no update on how's tha' goes

@VirMach said: billing panel

Can ya be a nice copy cat, rather than reinven' the wheel

• @Calypso said: Can't see on which node I am

hover over the server icon on the panel

• AMS25 / AMS26 / AMS28 / AMS29
    All the same booting problem again after the downtime last night.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Meanwhile in Catemaco ....

Thanked by (2)Flying_Chinaman ehab

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @dgc1980 said:

@Calypso said: Can't see on which node I am

hover over the server icon on the panel

Damn... my autistic mind can't handle all those changes ;-) Anyway it seems to be AMSD029 still then...

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Virmach just a FYI, I did not have any issue finding all the information, or buttons, that I require after the billing panel changes.

Thanked by (1)VirMach

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• My machines on AMS are randomly shutdown , then stuck on boot.

• edited July 2023

@FrankZ said:
    @Virmach just a FYI, I did not have any issue finding all the information, or buttons, that I require after the billing panel changes.

The old fart's taste is literally crass and unsophisticated,
    they should hire a proper frontend dev,
    or rather jus' copy paste from the purple daddy or GCV

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@FrankZ said:

The old fart's taste is literally crass and unsophisticated,
    they should hire a proper frontend dev,
    or rather jus' copy paste from the purple daddy or GCV

You're saying we should hire a frontend developer, just so they can revert it to the default SolusVM module and WHMCS page where half the page is just billing information at the top and then barely any functions like RN? Also I don't see how GCV's is better. Their is default of the module we use but details moved to the top.

I may be biased but ours is definitely the best ;)

Thanked by (2)Wonder_Woman fluttershy

@Flying_Chinaman said: or rather jus' copy paste from the purple daddy

Like seriously? This is same amount of space, you think the top is more efficient, cleaner, whatever than the bottom?

Thanked by (1)fluttershy
  • @hike said:
    My machines on AMS are randomly shutdown , then stuck on boot.

A reset a few moments ago did the trick for mine in the end - that didn't work earlier today... Now let's see how long it keeps on running...

• @Calypso said:

@hike said:
    My machines on AMS are randomly shutdown , then stuck on boot.

A reset a few moments ago did the trick for mine in the end - that didn't work earlier today... Now let's see how long it keeps on running...

For me they shutdown after a bit or can't boot at all , had the same issue in NY but virmach fixed it there.
    If you reboot it , you will be stuck on the boot screen (in my case)

• edited July 2023

@VirMach said: Like seriously?

O'Frank's holy tits, can' believe your subpar UI taste

At leas' RN and GCV is mediocre and bearable

Here's a good example

Cum'on, our sorry souls in this madhouse do not expect other than two basic things from VirmAch

1. Server do not go dung

2. An accessible bill panel

@Flying_Chinaman said: Here's a good example

The example you gave, I actually like it. But why mention RN and GCV instead of just going to this and being constructive? But anyway ours is still better, I'm going to improve it a little bit more based on this just adding icons and such.

Our boot/reboot/shutdown buttons are definitely still better, I don't see how having those three as giant buttons being good at all. I don't see how seeing storage like that is helpful with a usage bar that's incorrect. I don't see how it's useful to see the type being KVM. I don't see how it's useful for root password to be there with just an edit button, seems like if the main focus is the button then it should just be a button. I also don't see how having "details" and "view server details and resources" there is better than just having your service name an IP right there at the top.

But okay I'll see what I can do.

• @VirMach Are you working on the boot problems at AMS ?