VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• JabJab
    edited July 2023

Woah, I used like 25% of my bandwidth already!?

almost...

Nice scaling there :D

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• New IP saga continues [at least in NY].

Dear VirMach Customer,

This ticket was created to notify you of an upcoming change with your service. We will be changing your server's main IP address and additional IP addresses on Thursday, July 20.

Old IP address(es): 45.X.X.X
    New IP address(es): 47.X.X.X

We recommend performing the IP change yourself to make the transition as smooth as possible. To do so, please navigate to your server's "full VPS control panel", click the "Network" tab, and click the "Set as Main IP Address" button next to the newly added IP address. When you have confirmed that the new IP address has been set as your main IP address, click the "Re-configure Networking" button to configure the new IP address(es) to your server. Note that clicking this button will reboot your server multiple times and will take between 5-10 minutes to complete.

If the newly added IP address(es) are NOT pinging on your server by the time the changes are scheduled to occur, we will be automatically re-configuring your server's networking without any prior warning. This will result in around 5-10 minutes downtime and the complete removal of your old IP address. If your server is already pinging then we will simply remove the old IP address and leave your server running as is.

Thanks,
    VirMach Support

• @Jab said:
    New IP saga continues [at least in NY].

Dear VirMach Customer,

This ticket was created to notify you of an upcoming change with your service. We will be changing your server's main IP address and additional IP addresses on Thursday, July 20.

Old IP address(es): 45.X.X.X
    New IP address(es): 47.X.X.X

We recommend performing the IP change yourself to make the transition as smooth as possible. To do so, please navigate to your server's "full VPS control panel", click the "Network" tab, and click the "Set as Main IP Address" button next to the newly added IP address. When you have confirmed that the new IP address has been set as your main IP address, click the "Re-configure Networking" button to configure the new IP address(es) to your server. Note that clicking this button will reboot your server multiple times and will take between 5-10 minutes to complete.

If the newly added IP address(es) are NOT pinging on your server by the time the changes are scheduled to occur, we will be automatically re-configuring your server's networking without any prior warning. This will result in around 5-10 minutes downtime and the complete removal of your old IP address. If your server is already pinging then we will simply remove the old IP address and leave your server running as is.

Thanks,
    VirMach Support

Not just NYJ ... I just got one for an Atlanta box.

• @skorous said: Not just NYJ ... I just got one for an Atlanta box

I got new ones on both of my ATL boxes, one is a Alibaba subnet, the other is a D-Digital LLC

@VirMach, just out of curiosity, you mentioned that ARIN or RIPE (forget what one) offered you a free block of IP address if you supplied your customers details, what if you sent out a email to customers offering these as a permanent IP option if they opt-in to share their information, I am sure that most customers will not mind.

• It might be time for the vendor to implement DHCP. I'm not entirely joking.

• @jtk said:
    It might be time for the vendor to implement DHCP. I'm not entirely joking.

You're of the understanding they don't already?

[root]# grep BOOTPROTO ifcfg-ens3
    BOOTPROTO=dhcp

• JabJab
    edited July 2023

FFME02 says: send help.

load 1300 on status, CPU going brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

--

I've opened priority emergency ticket... I've met VirBot AI Assistant.
    AI generated answer, totally useless.
    Fuck me, I hate this, but I totally understand this approach - I guess many tickets gonna be resolved this way :D

VirBot did not fix FFME02, we need VirBot_v2.

Thanked by (2)dgc1980 kheng86

• Trick or Tokyo

smartass shitposting satirist

• @VirMach

I opened a ticket, please take the time to help me deal with it, thank you

• FFME02 is back, but a lot of steal - something went wrong with auto-start of VPSes/abuse or it's like verifying filesystem in background? :D

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited July 2023

@Jab said: AI generated answer, totally useless.
    Fuck me, I hate this, but I totally understand this approach - I guess many tickets gonna be resolved this way

VirBot did not fix FFME02, we need VirBot_v2.

I've tried to make it less annoying by basically making it appear as if it's just some advisory little note that appears on the ticket that can be ignored but I could see how it's annoying with it emailing you and it also randomly appearing afterward. It'd be nice if it could be generated realtime like it takes you over to the ticket and the AI starts typing its answer or how I wanted to do it once we implement it ourselves, have it answer you before you even make the ticket.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Received ticket for IP change on my NYCB036 VM. Removed the old IPv4, added the new IPv4, no issues.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

@Jab said: Nice scaling there

We could replace it with a static icon that looks like this instead, let me know. =)

• JabJab
    edited July 2023

@Jab said:
    FFME02 is back, but a lot of steal - something went wrong with auto-start of VPSes/abuse or it's like verifying filesystem in background? :D

update on this: CPU seems lower now, still higher than before thing-that-happend, but much much lower.
    VMs are not accessible via WHMCS/SolusVM - Operation Timed Out After 90001.
    status webpage still have no updates/ping from FFME002.

@VirMach said:
    We could replace it with a static icon that looks like this instead, let me know. =)

I will counter: remove padding-left:10px; from class="progress-bar progress-bar-success" [and from the p below showing text % usage] to make it work like it should :D

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Jab said: I will counter: remove padding-left:10px; from class="progress-bar progress-bar-success" [and from the p below showing text % usage] to make it work like it should :D

It is nice when someone actually offers a solution to correct the issue, kudos.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Damn it, wrong wrong wrong traffic statistics suspended my Tokyo vps

• @KuYeHQ said: Tokyo

Yo @VirMach

Tokyo or Tick

edited July 2023

@Jab said: I will counter: remove padding-left:10px; from class="progress-bar progress-bar-success" [and from the p below showing text % usage] to make it work like it should

Okay I'm only doing it because I think it'll be funny, I've pushed out this update. Let me know what to try next. We're going to play break the client area simulator, it's the gameshow where we change the code to what should make sense but doesn't because the entire page is probably wrong in some minor way from the start.

(edit) Nevermind my OCD can't stand it, for reference this was the result

There, I found a middle ground. Just to annoy everyone though if you hover over the sliver of used data it will display the percentage now, but if it's close to 0% it will be difficult to hover over it since it no longer has the 10 padding.

Thanked by (3)AlwaysSkint FrankZ Jab
    edited July 2023

@KuYeHQ said:
    Damn it, wrong wrong wrong traffic statistics suspended my Tokyo vps

Ticket and it'll be handled. I have no idea what happened there, SolusVM has been weird lately with everything. That goes for FFME002 too (@Jab), I fixed this the other day for some other node but forgot, it's a very specific thing that needs to get done to get it to work. Not about to spend an hour trying to remember it though.

Something something virtfusion.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited July 2023

@VirMach said: (edit) Nevermind my OCD can't stand it, for reference this was the result

There, I found a middle ground.

Looks desperately pathetic, jus' hire a proper frontend dev to end this misery

@Flying_Chinaman said: Looks desperately pathetic, jus' hire a proper frontend dev to end this misery

Okay let me just raise everyone's prices to hire a front end developer full-time to make minor changes to the CSS.

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • edited July 2023

On a Chicago node (CHIZ001 in particular ), anyone else have an issue booting netboot.xyz, from mounting the ISO? For me, it struggles to auto-configure the network, from the detected MAC address. When manually entered, to select an ISO (Alma 8/Centos 7), netboot just loops back to not configuring the network.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

@AlwaysSkint said:
    On a Chicago node, anyone else have an issue booting netboot.xyz, from mounting the ISO? For me, it struggles to auto-configure the network, from the detected MAC address. When manually entered, to select an ISO (Alma 8/Centos 7), netboot just loops back to not configuring the network.

You might want to specify the exact node name, it doesn't go by specific clusters or anything like that or at least it shouldn't in terms of IP blocks, ISO, and so on. I already have a list on my end of all the nodes that need ISO cleanup but this sounds like it might be something else. I've seen it happen before though, whatever you're describing. I never got to check back to see if it the problem went away with a resync or if it's related to the VM configuration.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@VirMach said:

@KuYeHQ said:
    Damn it, wrong wrong wrong traffic statistics suspended my Tokyo vps

Ticket and it'll be handled. I have no idea what happened there, SolusVM has been weird lately with everything. That goes for FFME002 too (@Jab), I fixed this the other day for some other node but forgot, it's a very specific thing that needs to get done to get it to work. Not about to spend an hour trying to remember it though.

Something something virtfusion.

Virtfusion!!!!!!!

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• edited July 2023

@VirMach said: You might want to specify the exact node name..

Had edited to add it, just a few minutes later (after I checked). ;)

• edited July 2023

@VirMach said: Okay let me just raise everyone's prices to hire a front end developer full-time to make minor changes to the CSS.

Yo' if ya could not do that properly,
    then don' touch it an' keep it default

Simple fact tha' even it sucks by default,
    no fella will blame ya

O' don' forge' fulfill your empty promise for sending more Tokyo racks

@AlwaysSkint said: Apart from you. :|

Yo' I'm a cynical & lowlife fella, and hardcore masochist nevertheless

• @Flying_Chinaman said: ..no fella will blame ya

Apart from you. :|

• My ticket #733438 Subject: IPv6 Request - DALZ003
    on hold from 07/07/2023 (07:35). Please help me check it. Thank @VirMach !

https://dttech.net - Personal Site.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited July 2023

@dinhvanlocitvn said:
    My ticket #733438 Subject: IPv6 Request - DALZ003
    on hold from 07/07/2023 (07:35). Please help me check it. Thank VirMach !

I don't expect that IPv6 is currently available in Dallas. I have only seen IPv6 in Tokyo, and Frankfurt, and maybe some in Amsterdam. Although I have had an ticket in for Amsterdam IPv6 since 31 March, so maybe not available in Amsterdam anymore. I'm just saying don't get your hopes up.

Thanked by (1)dinhvanlocitvn

• @dinhvanlocitvn said:
    My ticket #733438 Subject: IPv6 Request - DALZ003
    on hold from 07/07/2023 (07:35). Please help me check it. Thank @VirMach !

My ticket #172414 Subject: IPv6 Request - 47.87.158.3 - MIAZ011 [MERGED]
    on hold from 12/21/2022 (05:12). Please help me check it. Thank VirBot !

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.