Most budget dedicated provider thanks

Comments

• DataIdeasDataIdeas Hosting Provider

@Nekki said:

@Ympker said:
    What about some cheap Raspberry Pi Hosting then? Map some network storage/drive and be done with it. Ikoula RPi starts from 6,99€/mo iirc.

Ikoula is JANK personified.

Or maybe @DataIdeas Josh can put a 500GB Flash card in their Pi for you?
    https://rpiservers.com/

An RPI might work. I might even be able to run it from home. In-ter-est-ing....

I've tested on a RPi 4 with a 1TB sd card and had it to work.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Data Ideas LLC - We are a Texan Company!
    Main Store / AlienData (VPS/Dedi) / RPiServers (ARM Dedi) / ColoBay (Colocation) / TXNet (Transit/ISP)

• @DataIdeas said:

I've tested on a RPi 4 with a 1TB sd card and had it to work.

Can you share what card worked? Thnx

• @yoursunny said:
    We can give you a good dedicated server if you fight an actual wolf.

Don't have wolves here anymore. How about 4 coyotes and a raccoon?

• @hornet said:

@yoursunny said:
    We can give you a good dedicated server if you fight an actual wolf.

Don't have wolves here anymore. How about 4 coyotes and a raccoon?

Raccoons are inconsiderate lovers.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Nekki said: Raccoons are inconsiderate lovers.

Did you give the Raccoon a pigeon before hand ?

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@Nekki said: Raccoons are inconsiderate lovers.

Did you give the Raccoon a pigeon before hand ?

I did not. Was that my mistake? I feel foolish now.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • since you're asking for dedicated I assume you're willing to pay the setup fee. https://serverroom.net/newOrder/dedicated/config/?type=M700&instantType=s1435 can get as low as 5$ a month

• Opteron X2160
    • 8GB RAM
    • 32GB Disk
    • 100Mbps with 1 IPv4, 1 IPv6

I used this from 2020 to 2022 solely for compiling machine and building docker images. However, I had to discontinue using this machine because I now require running GitLab and GitHub runners.

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• NekkiNekki OG
    edited July 2023

@Encoders said:
    since you're asking for dedicated I assume you're willing to pay the setup fee.

Why would you assume that? It’s already implied that I’m prepared to fight a wolf for a free server, so what makes you believe I’ll be happy with a setup fee?

https://serverroom.net/newOrder/dedicated/config/?type=M700&instantType=s1435 can get as low as 5$ a month

• Opteron X2160
    • 8GB RAM
    • 32GB Disk
    • 100Mbps with 1 IPv4, 1 IPv6

I used this from 2020 to 2022 solely for compiling machine and building docker images. However, I had to discontinue using this machine because I now require running GitLab and GitHub runners.

32GB is the most weak-minded HDD I’ve ever seen offered.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny ariq01
  • @Nekki said: 32GB Disk

I bet your phone could be the backup for that server :smiley:

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @Nekki said:
    Why would you assume that? It’s already implied that I’m prepared to fight a wolf for a free server, so what makes you believe I’ll be happy with a setup fee?

not my problem

it's ssd

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• @Encoders said:

@Nekki said:

not my problem

Have you recently suffered a concussion?

it's ssd

The nature of the medium is irrelevant. The capacity is weak-minded.

• @TheDP said:

@Nekki said: 32GB Disk

I bet your phone could be the backup for that server :smiley:

If only it wasn’t filled to the last GB with tentacles…

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

Accurate. The lack of banter round these parts is frankly, a disgrace.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ Falzo beagle
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Nekki said: Accurate. The lack of banter round these parts is frankly, a disgrace.

The example you set in this regard is sorely missed. Banter is an art form and nobody does it as well as you. I understand that this responsibility can not fall solely on your shoulders so I hope someday others will pick up the mantle and run with it.

Thanked by (2)skorous bikegremlin

• @FrankZ said:

@Nekki said: Accurate. The lack of banter round these parts is frankly, a disgrace.

The example you set in this regard is sorely missed. Banter is an art form and nobody does it as well as you. I understand that this responsibility can not fall solely on your shoulders so I hope someday others will pick up the mantle and run with it.

Sadly, I think the issue is increasingly that no-one can take a joke or laugh at themselves anymore.

• @Nekki said:

@FrankZ said:

Sadly, I think the issue is increasingly that no-one can take a joke or laugh at themselves anymore.

What is this joke you speak of? Can you have the sex with it?

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@AuroraZero said: What is this joke you speak of? Can you have the sex with it?

• @FrankZ said:

@AuroraZero said: What is this joke you speak of? Can you have the sex with it?

Then you find out she has a penis bigger than yours!! :p

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited July 2023

@Nekki said: Sadly, I think the issue is increasingly that no-one can take a joke or laugh at themselves anymore.

That is why I said it was an art form. My wife laughs with me all the time. She says I'm the funniest person she knows. Even after 30+ years, I am not totally sure what she means by this. The important thing is that we laugh a lot. I wish there was more of that here, but like you said, seems people get "triggered" pretty quick. It should be noted I am funnier in Spanish.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@AuroraZero said: Then you find out she has a penis bigger than yours!! :p

ROFL

• @FrankZ said:

@Nekki said: Sadly, I think the issue is increasingly that no-one can take a joke or laugh at themselves anymore.

That is why I said it was an art form. My wife laughs with me all the time. She says I'm the funniest person she knows. Even after 30+ years, I am not totally sure what she means by this. The important thing is that we laugh a lot. I wish there was more of that here, but like you said, seems people get "triggered" pretty quick. It should be noted I am funnier in Spanish.

No wonder you never pardon anyone's french :lol:

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• @FrankZ said:

@AuroraZero said: Then you find out she has a penis bigger than yours!! :p

ROFL

Have to apologize man since I stopped drinking so much my banter has been a bit lax. Been a bit busy as well but that should clear soon.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited July 2023

@somik said: No wonder you never pardon anyone's french :lol:

I have nothing against the french.

• @FrankZ said:

@somik said: No wonder you never pardon anyone's french :lol:

I have nothing against the french.

Well, that a h*ll of a f**king good news (pardon my french) :lol:

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• @AuroraZero said:

@Nekki said:

@FrankZ said:

I don't think you can sex a joke but I've seen plenty get totally screwed due to poor delivery.

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero skorous
  • @Nekki said:

@AuroraZero said:

@Nekki said:

@FrankZ said:

I don't think you can sex a joke but I've seen plenty get totally screwed due to poor delivery.

Eh huh and why was the milkman's delivery poor?

• @AuroraZero said:

@Nekki said:

@AuroraZero said:

@Nekki said:

@FrankZ said:

He was always spilling the milk on my mum’s face.

• @Nekki said:

@AuroraZero said:

@Nekki said:

@AuroraZero said:

@Nekki said:

@FrankZ said:

He was always spilling the milk on my mum’s face.

That summabitch taken my job!!!!

• Europe has a lot ;)