[DediPath] Closure of Business Email

Comments

• Easy come, easy go, nothing is written in stone unless it is an errant SQL query.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• Dang, just renewed four of my VPS with them for another year in July / August.
    Let's see how things go, but I suspect that this will be another chargeback.

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• jonathanspwjonathanspw Hosting Provider

I/we at KnownHost have a ton of dedicated hardware ready to deploy and tons of VPS capacity on nice new EPYCs. We have staff that can help with migrations and we'll waive migration fees for servers with panels even for unmanaged servers. Price matches are probably doable case-by-case.

We also have a presence in Sabey so anyone with colo there I might can help you.

Reach out to me via PM or [email protected] citing dedipath and we'll get you taken care of.

• @crunchbits said:
    Like all the other hosts, can do some custom dedi's and everything else...

However, more pressingly: We're going to put up some free temporary higher-bandwidth storage to let you get your data out somewhere safe and take time to find a new proper home (even if not us--if you're currently in Atlanta I know Washington State isn't a viable replacement). If you've got a paid Dedipath invoice, you can have access. I'm still working out details with my team, but we'll base storage amount from your existing services and likely be ~2 weeks of free time to give you some breathing room.

Haven't made a proper thread yet, not sure if this will even be that useful for anyone but DM me if it is and we'll get the ball rolling asap for you.

Kudos to Crunchbits! Providers like you guys who offer helps when it is most needed make the world a better place <3

• @crunchbits said:
    Like all the other hosts, can do some custom dedi's and everything else...

However, more pressingly: We're going to put up some free temporary higher-bandwidth storage to let you get your data out somewhere safe and take time to find a new proper home (even if not us--if you're currently in Atlanta I know Washington State isn't a viable replacement). If you've got a paid Dedipath invoice, you can have access. I'm still working out details with my team, but we'll base storage amount from your existing services and likely be ~2 weeks of free time to give you some breathing room.

Haven't made a proper thread yet, not sure if this will even be that useful for anyone but DM me if it is and we'll get the ball rolling asap for you.

When providers come out with refugee offers or price matches it is a nice touch, but to actually offer free storage so people can get out and try to find a new home, without even demanding that it is with you, that is seriously admirable. Well done!
    Now I know where my next vps will come from. I already have a few with you, but you can never get too many of them. :smile:

• Ugh...I had just signed up for a VPS from them like mid-July, paying for a year based on a special I found. Not out a ton of money, but still annoying.

• bdlbdl OG
    edited August 2023

@yoursunny said:

@rcy026 said:
    This is going to be brutal, a lot of providers use Dedipath.

Does anyone have a list of providers that are hosted with Dedipath? It would be a nice heads up for the customers as even some of the providers seems to have been taken totally by surprise by this.

AS35913 prefixes, description column can give you some hints.

oh hai

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Brueggus said:
    Dang, just renewed four of my VPS with them for another year in July / August.
    Let's see how things go, but I suspect that this will be another chargeback.

fastest fingers first.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• edited September 2023

I actually ran a VPS host Qeru using DediPath colo before selling the business.

It's terrible to say this, but I sorta cashed out at the right time. I didn't get a whole lot of cash, but hey, I avoided this whole mess, and I sold to another DediPath customer so they can migrate everything at once to another colo.

DediPath wasn't a great colo host, their support was slow, but it's still sad to see Qeru customers have to deal with a now-closed colo host and a few days of downtime while Qeru's owners find a new DC.

It was also smart of me to migrate from Qeru to Vultr. Vultr is more expensive but they haven't gone bust. Likewise I was a Nexus Bytes customer in the past but left way before they shut shop.

I would've chosen Psychz if they had the $349 colo offer. Psychz is a much better host: they aren't out of business, have better support, and allow Tor exit relays which I'd allow if I can (but I know why you won't allow it). Qeru had DediPath's $275 offer so it would be more expensive, but the savings weren't worth it.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @neelc said: Psychz is a much better host: they aren't out of business

That is not a high standard for an active hosting company to meet.

• @bdl said:

oh hai

Thanked by (3)bdl lesuser MannDude
  • georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Hosting ProviderOG

It's quite annoying and disappointing that we still can't migrate our servers.

that dedipath stops responding and that there is no news to remove our hardware

Thanked by (1)Ympker

George Datacenter LLC
    www.georgedatacenter.com
    Owner Hardware|Slack

• @georgedatacenter said:

Feel for the providers in this scenario!

@chris said:

@georgedatacenter said:

Yes, we have better expectative with evocative.

but with the hardware in dalla flexential, we still don't have an answer.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

George Datacenter LLC
    www.georgedatacenter.com
    Owner Hardware|Slack

• @georgedatacenter said:

@chris said:

@georgedatacenter said:

Yes, we have better expectative with evocative.

but with the hardware in dalla flexential, we still don't have an answer.

Ouch, hope its resolved soon for all you guys! If I was in 'murica I'd offer to come lend a hand in the logistics of it all!

Anyway, enjoy the tickets 😝 I'm going to put my feet up and have a beer this evening lol

• oh crap, I saw this topic only now, I had 4 boxes with them, didn't get any e-mail that they are closing the doors nor a refund for the rest of the period... I guess this is a practice now of all providers who sell on LES/LET

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited September 2023

Dear customers of Dedipath,

We are deeply saddened to have to close DediPath. We've cherished the opportunity to serve you throughout the years, and it's been an incredible journey.

Unfortunately, we have encountered financial difficulties due to the impact of the pandemic and a challenging economic environment. We explored various options to keep Dedipath running, including selling the company while trying to work with vendors to avoid shutoff.

However, we received suspension notices from two vendors before finding a solution. We understand this short notice is disappointing, and we apologize for any inconvenience. We were able to work with the vendors to allow more time for Dedipath customers to retrieve your data and make alternative arrangements.

It is a sad moment for us, as we say goodbye to Dedipath in this unexpected way. We appreciate your support and trust throughout the years and are grateful for the opportunity to have served you.

To contact Flexential, please reach out to: [redacted]

George Datacenter LLC
    www.georgedatacenter.com
    Owner Hardware|Slack

• Fun fact: I am a VPS customer and have not received a single email from them about the closure.

Thanked by (3)Ympker kheng86 MannDude

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• @Brueggus said:
    Fun fact: I am a VPS customer and have not received a single email from them about the closure.

If you consider that a fun fact, I'd be fascinated to be a fly on the wall of a party you host.

Thanked by (1)tetech
  • MannDudeMannDude Hosting Provider

So, is everything down now? Are any of the DediPath servers still live?

[ IncogNET LLC ] - Privacy By Design
    We believe that privacy and freedom of expression are two very important things, so we offer solutions to accessing and publishing content safely.
    [ USA: Liberty Lake, WA | Kansas City, MO | Allentown, PA ] [EU: Naaldwijk, NL ] [ CL Shared | KVM VPS | VPN | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names ]

• @MannDude said:

My little dedi is still up, will ride it till it dies

Thanked by (1)MannDude
  • AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider
    edited September 2023

@MannDude said:

A lot of servers are still up because the datacenters are willing to keep them online for a bit of time. It looks like IP announcements will be the first to go since a lot of them are leased from marketplaces like IPXO or similar (whose bills are most likely unpaid), and then datacenters will probably shut down servers in 1-2 weeks.

Thanked by (2)MannDude webcraft

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• @MannDude said:

yes, but ipv6 only if I saw right,

• @cold said:

@MannDude said:

yes, but ipv6 only if I saw right,

:#

• cloudpapcloudpap Hosting Provider

Strange how this happened. @DediPath was a huge company - sad to see them gone like that and in such a short notice.

• MannDudeMannDude Hosting Provider

@cloudpap said:
    Strange how this happened. @DediPath was a huge company - sad to see them gone like that and in such a short notice.

Not really. Chatting with other providers, some of the requests they received for price matching was absolutely absurd.

Its like they never told anyone "No thanks" when it came to crazy deals.

That doesn't make it any better for those impacted, but had they been more reasonable on pricing and charge more or give less they'd likely be online and a healthy business today.

Thanked by (2)c1vhosting cloudpap

[ IncogNET LLC ] - Privacy By Design
    We believe that privacy and freedom of expression are two very important things, so we offer solutions to accessing and publishing content safely.
    [ USA: Liberty Lake, WA | Kansas City, MO | Allentown, PA ] [EU: Naaldwijk, NL ] [ CL Shared | KVM VPS | VPN | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names ]

We are still waiting for evocative to release the Hardware

and no response from flexential

has anyone had better luck?

George Datacenter LLC
    www.georgedatacenter.com
    Owner Hardware|Slack

• edited September 2023

Yay, got my first Dedipath-sold-my-email spam today from someone trying to sell me Quadranet services....

It even started Hi <Matt> with the angle brackets (but with my name instead of Matt). I mean, of course it's a generated email from a template, but come on, escape your characters properly!

Thanked by (3)FrankZ MannDude fluttershy
  • @SocksAreComfortable said:
    Yay, got my first Dedipath-sold-my-email spam today from someone trying to sell me Quadranet services....

It even started Hi <Matt> with the angle brackets (but with my name instead of Matt). I mean, of course it's a generated email from a template, but come on, escape your characters properly!

I still want me socks back!!!!

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @AuroraZero said: I still want me socks back!!!!

You have been losing way too many things to other members lately. I guess this is what happens when you live in a cave that has no doors/locks.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add