VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• I'm really happy with the Sj node from Virmach. If possible, please keep the node at the same datacenter.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@tenpera said:
    @VirMach, is Denver moving to L.A currently?

SolusVM is acting terrible today and it might have been due to another weird update, some important functions aren't working well which makes loading in backups difficult, it basically won't assign it properly.

A good amount are in LAX already, we're most likely going to wait for it to come back online though. It was a routing issue caused by miscommunication and trying to move the block to LAX for migrations, it's not actually down. So it's similar to what happened when our /17 got pulled last time and should hopefully start showing back up soon. Then we can properly move it then if decided, and still have backups as well.

@Encoders said: oh my sides the setup fee is increased to $30. that's it, I'm going to renew my tokyo into yearly.

Thank you for your effort fighting those cheap mjj abusing resources in tokyo region. finally i can at ease knowing i have decent dns mirror in jp

We actually end up still getting orders for it and yeah it has a general positive effect and essentially the same revenue stream at a much lower volume. I mean anything's higher than negative $30 from a dispute on a $10 a year special.

@paradiser said:
    I'm really happy with the Sj node from Virmach. If possible, please keep the node at the same datacenter.

Adding an update on network status page.

• if all goes well, by Christmas all services will be online again... with a few delays only.... and ofc new ip's

Thanked by (1)jtk
  • @yoursunny said:

@FrankZ said:

@VirMach said: Yeahhhhh I may be exhausted.

Get some sleep. Monday is coming oh so soon.

Monday is federal holiday.

VirMach be like ....

Thanked by (2)ehab Wonder_Woman

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• NYCB004S Operation Timed Out After 90000 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

• keep spirit 💪🏾

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • When NY will come back up?

What about LAX2Z019? Dead forever a data lost?

O Gzz virmach became the worst service i ever tried, they used to be good but this 2023, damn!

Thanked by (1)vgood
  • @rafanake said:
    When NY will come back up?

What about LAX2Z019? Dead forever a data lost?

O Gzz virmach became the worst service i ever tried, they used to be good but this 2023, damn!

sometime BTW now and Christmas

• @cold said: sometime BTW now and Christmas

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• can someone recommend me a more reliable service?

• @rafanake said:
    can someone recommend me a more reliable service?

what location ? Let us know a description of what you are looking for and I will split it off into a new request thread.

• @rafanake said:
    can someone recommend me a more reliable service?

There are lots of alternatives, but I think you'll find find at least one these will have a track record of better than average combined value in pricing, reliability, consistency, and drama-free service in multiple locations and with IPv6 to boot:

Thanked by (1)SpeedBus
  • @jtk said: There are lots of alternatives

There are not. He probably have flash deal for 3-8$/y and wont find them anywhere near that price point.

ServerStatus , slackvpn <-- openVPN auto install script for Slackware 15

edited September 2023

Very bumpy last day, just wanted to comment to say I'm still around. I did get a little bit of sleep but running pretty short on energy and may have to sleep again soon, trying to get some stuff out the way before then.

Still trying to get NYC back up, the network status page accurately reflects where we last left off with an extra few obstacles in the way. Some of the new IPv4 blocks will still have limited routing for probably another day even after we get it back online.

The four servers in DEN and ATL still haven't got their routing back, the plan is to shift to loading in backups but we now also have about 10 other servers down from IPXO pulling IPv4 and not getting back to us on leasing the blocks (not that we expected them to actually lease it to us as they said in their public post, seemed like a marketing thing.) Hivelocity did reply back today on getting some of our unused IPv4 blocks to LAX so I'm trying to fit it into my hectic schedule to take servers down there so we have space to start loading in from backups for the 14-15 servers outside of NYC that have gone down. It will still be a very tight fit.

@emperor said:

@jtk said: There are lots of alternatives

There are not. He probably have flash deal for 3-8$/y and wont find them anywhere near that price point.

The VirMach grief cycle.

@jtk said: BuyVM

Would recommend.

• @VirMach said:
    Very bumpy last day, just wanted to comment to say I'm still around. I did get a little bit of sleep but running pretty short on energy and may have to sleep again soon, trying to get some stuff out the way before then.

Still trying to get NYC back up, the network status page accurately reflects where we last left off with an extra few obstacles in the way. Some of the new IPv4 blocks will still have limited routing for probably another day even after we get it back online.

The four servers in DEN and ATL still haven't got their routing back, the plan is to shift to loading in backups but we now also have about 10 other servers down from IPXO pulling IPv4 and not getting back to us on leasing the blocks (not that we expected them to actually lease it to us as they said in their public post, seemed like a marketing thing.) Hivelocity did reply back today on getting some of our unused IPv4 blocks to LAX so I'm trying to fit it into my hectic schedule to take servers down there so we have space to start loading in from backups for the 14-15 servers outside of NYC that have gone down. It will still be a very tight fit.

@emperor said:

The VirMach grief cycle.

Would recommend.

Brother if you need a hand do not hesitate to reach out. I would be glad to assist you in any way you need. Even if it's just answering tickets to take some of this off you. At least you might be able to sleep for a bit.

Thanked by (3)sh97 skorous FrankZ

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @AuroraZero said:

@VirMach said:

@emperor said:

The VirMach grief cycle.

Would recommend.

Brother if you need a hand do not hesitate to reach out. I would be glad to assist you in any way you need. Even if it's just answering tickets to take some of this off you. At least you might be able to sleep for a bit.

Ditto, let me know if I can help further :+1:

Thanked by (2)skorous FrankZ

Most servers in NYC are in a state where we can continue. I'm wrapping up trying to get the rest up and then people will start getting IPv4 changes and service should begin being accessible again. Once we do that I'll update status page.

• NY027 is recovered and ip changed.

• NYCB040 is online, IP changed, but still can't be accessed via SSH after rebooting and reconfiguring.

• My NYCB027 node is still locked.

• JabJab
    edited September 2023

My nodes are unlocked but they lack the new IPs (or making old one work:D)

// Because it seems we are reporting random stuff here

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• Hello ,

We've recently announced changes to our Uptime Monitoring Network via an email sent out to all of the affected users:
    View the IP changes
    You are now receiving this follow-up email because our system has detected that one or more of your Uptime Monitors cannot be accessed by our new monitoring IPs.

Our Singapore 7 (IP: 107.155.75.66) and Singapore 8 (IP: 210.16.67.82) nodes cannot reach the following Uptime Monitor(s):
    virmach tokyo ryzen ping

In order to dig further into these errors, you can check each monitor's Location Fail Log.

hmm?

root@LooseUnsightly-VM:~# nexttrace 107.155.75.66 -g en
    NextTrace v1.2.0.2 2023-09-02T11:46:50Z a0ab83c
    [NextTrace API] prefered API IP - 104.26.8.231 - 1.16ms
    IP Geo Data Provider: LeoMoeAPI
    traceroute to 107.155.75.66, 30 hops max, 52 bytes packets
    1   147.78.245.1    AS23959  [VIRMACH-JP]     Tokyo Tokyo Japan  owl.net
                                                  1.53 ms / 2.01 ms / 1.21 ms
    2   *
    3   211.14.4.177    AS9607   [JPNIC-NET]      Tokyo Tokyo Japan  bbtower.co.jp
        as3258.xe-0-1-7.tedge0503.newote.bbtower.ad.jp   0.40 ms / 0.69 ms / 0.72 ms
    4   211.14.4.222    AS9607   [JPNIC-NET]      Tokyo Tokyo Japan  bbtower.co.jp
        xe-0-1-7.tedge0504.newote.bbtower.ad.jp   0.85 ms / 0.71 ms / 0.96 ms
    5   172.29.0.10     *        [RFC1918]        LAN Address
                                                  0.86 ms / 0.97 ms / 0.82 ms
    6   210.138.130.225 AS2497   [APNIC-AP]       Tokyo Tokyo Japan  iij.ad.jp
                                                  1.60 ms / 0.80 ms / 0.91 ms
    7   58.138.98.73    AS2497   [IIJ]            Tokyo Tokyo Japan  iij.ad.jp
        tky009bb00.IIJ.Net                        7.49 ms / 4.73 ms / 9.96 ms
    8   58.138.114.2    AS2497   [IIJ]            Tokyo Tokyo Japan  iij.ad.jp
        tky009ix53.IIJ.Net                        3.89 ms / 3.33 ms / 2.68 ms
    9   69.174.126.169  AS3257                    Tokyo Tokyo Japan  gtt.net
        ae3.cr0-tyo1.ip4.gtt.net                  6.07 ms / 9.56 ms / 25.51 ms
    10  *
    11  *
    12  *
    13  *
    14  *
    15  *
    16  *
    17  *
    18  *
    19  *
    20  *
    21  *
    22  *
    23  *
    24  *
    25  *
    26  *
    27  *
    28  *
    29  *
    30  *
    MapTrace URL: https://api.leo.moe/tracemap/224982d0-fe33-5a7c-a012-653af190d822.html

• Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

on my storage server

• My NYCB020 VM shows up in VPS Panel. I can access with VNC but no DNS resolution yet.

ifcfg-eth0 looks good with DNS servers plus did NetworkManager restart.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited September 2023

FYI: Both my Seattle VMs and my San Jose VMs just became non accessible.

@dedicados said:
    Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

on my storage server

Storage will take a bit longer, needs LACP for 2x10Gbps and that got done just need to fix configuration.

@SeaScoot said:
    My NYCB020 VM shows up in VPS Panel. I can access with VNC but no DNS resolution yet.

ifcfg-eth0 looks good with DNS servers plus did NetworkManager restart.

Okay so it took a looooong time for fixing the last few but everything except NYCB019, NYCB043, and NYCB044 are actually functional now. Some still need to propagate for new IP addresses but I'd be surprised if that's not complete for all very soon, what you guys are seeing is that happening for ones that have been online already.

Now moving on to switching IP addresses, let's see if SolusVM plays nice (ha!)

edited September 2023

@FrankZ said:
    FYI: Both my Seattle VMs and my San Jose VMs just became non accessible.

Yeah Sabey still hasn't replied but it looks like they came into work today after the long weekend. Awesome.

San Jose going down though, I communicated to them over the weekend I sure hope they're moving us into that new cabinet and not doing this (powering down) to a newly paying customer, lol.

edited September 2023

In other news, Hivelocity fixed nothing, and just contacted us threatening to terminate our account tomorrow because we didn't respond to abuse reports. Guess where the abuse reports were opened? On the legacy system. The one I had a scheduled phone call about and assured would be resolved. Yeah that one, the one that doesn't properly notify us. The one where you have to click "looking for old tickets?" to see.

(Edit) Holy crap, most of them are the SAME reports we confirmed we handled like a dozen times.

(Edit2) I just went through all of them, they're ALL the same as last time.

"But their reply does not actually explain the steps taken to resolve the case"

Here's what they're talking about by the way, this is the reply they describe as not actually explaining

This is only one reply in one place, let me know if you guys want me to go through every single time, all the times these IP addresses have been mentioned and all our responses, your scrollbar is going to have to work overtime.

• So Hivelocity migrations being added by tomorrow? B)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ