VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

We're going to start splitting up brands soon, let me know if you guys have any questions. But for example BF specials will go into a BF flash deal brand, and so on. I had something nice and thorough written out to post but I lost it so this is all you get for now.

All new IPv4 for the changes have been purchased.

• received an email after Migration request saying,
    To initiate the migration, you can follow the instructions provided in our knowledgebase article on how to change service location here .
    But my seatle vm says "Operation Timed Out After 90000 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received" and there is no Migrate button.

• edited September 2023

@yoursunny said: For example, 69% chance of doubling to NVMe4G, 31% chance of having the server deleted instantly.

That's a reasonable probability as my last wheel game only got a forced migration.

@FrankZ said: I received an email from Virmach saying my Denver VM was migrating , but my Denver VM just sent me this video.
    I am confused now.

Then wait patiently or just continue your life, and don't complain here.

MicroLXC is lovable.

edited September 2023

@tenpera said:
    received an email after Migration request saying,
    To initiate the migration, you can follow the instructions provided in our knowledgebase article on how to change service location here .
    But my seatle vm says "Operation Timed Out After 90000 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received" and there is no Migrate button.

I don't know what you're talking about but just follow instructions in the network status update. I'm guessing you're quoting the AI suggestion.

If you already made a request then either instructions weren't followed or you're not eligible, as there's yet for an eligible person to make a ticket properly per instructions. Actually it looks like one a few valid request now.

• @VirMach said:
    We're going to start splitting up brands soon, let me know if you guys have any questions. But for example BF specials will go into a BF flash deal brand, and so on. I had something nice and thorough written out to post but I lost it so this is all you get for now.

BF specials => VirBot LLC
    Windows VPS => Windows Machine Solutions LLC
    SSD512 and below => VirmAche LLC
    Linux VPS => NVMe2G LLC

Oh wait, you didn't bid on NVMe2G.com and it's now owned by the red provider.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• MannDudeMannDude Hosting Provider

@VirMach said:

Curious as to why? Good luck, regardless.

[ IncogNET LLC ] - Privacy By Design
    We believe that privacy and freedom of expression are two very important things, so we offer solutions to accessing and publishing content safely.
    [ USA: Liberty Lake, WA | Kansas City, MO | Allentown, PA ] [EU: Naaldwijk, NL ] [ CL Shared | KVM VPS | VPN | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names ]

• @VirMach, my ticket shows "Priority Queue", I think I'm safe.

• How can someone know where his VPS at so could check network status?
    Name is IllustriousSentimental-VM, and ip 47.87.x.x.
    Probably in LAX or Seattle but not sure.
    Checked all the emails but couldn't find any info.
    VPS detail gives me "Operation Timed Out After 90000 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received".

Another important thing, how that so many people put up with this many days of downtime?
    Is this normal, reasonable or bearable for what kind of businesses or who?

• @prokami said:
    How can someone know where his VPS at so could check network status?
    Name is IllustriousSentimental-VM, and ip 47.87.x.x.
    Probably in LAX or Seattle but not sure.
    Checked all the emails but couldn't find any info.
    VPS detail gives me "Operation Timed Out After 90000 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received".

Another important thing, how that so many people put up with this many days of downtime?
    Is this normal, reasonable or bearable for what kind of businesses or who?

run YABS and it will show your location
    https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

Also enter you IP here to check
    https://whois.arin.net/ui/

• Congratulations, let's wait and see whether vir's large number of customers (especially from China's mjj) will receive better services in the future :)

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited September 2023

@bliss said:

@FrankZ said: I received an email from Virmach saying my Denver VM was migrating , but my Denver VM just sent me this video.
    I am confused now.

LOL

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

I don't know what update caused this but trying to switch over a VM to a new location on SolusVM has been a huge headache. It just endlessly has a bunch of checks now that it didn't used to have before and times out trying to communicate to the server to receive back information with high timeouts.

What usually would have taken literally 1 second (after we already did all the background stuff) is now taking several hours and still not even halfway done and outside of making some bold moves with direct database edits, it's going to be a rough night.

Basically everything is planned around how SolusVM used to work over the past several years. In the meantime I'll try to think of another hackey way to do the same thing.

What is the point of having a table for virtual servers with a Node ID, and having a script provided to change the Node ID that actually updates the database to change the Node ID, if that table is not utilized to represent the Node ID of a virtual server? They did that with IP addresses as well, now I have to go looking through all the tables and see in what weird way they implemented this change.

Okay I figured it out, oh my god is it stupid.

• @prokami said:

No idea if that changed... but you wait for timeout, click on the left menu, (most likely wait for timeout again?) and it should load more buttons - this time you are looking for Full VPS Control which will open you SolusVM that has "Node" in VPS details.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• edited September 2023

@FrankZ said:

@bliss said:

I am confused now.

LOL

That's just a parody of speaking, meant no harm gentleman.
    I'm sorry if you are irritated, but I don't think you will ever get angry about such fuss, because ... well, I dare not say, ...

Anyway, providers come and go like early morning dew. I would not express anything sarcastic as long as the services finished on due date or users get refund. Unfortunately, some providers here failed to do it, and admin here didn't deprive the provider tick / tag, nor asked refund to protect affected users, but used the humor, saying "life is this".

Most reasonable people know how life is like: if people purchased something on Amazon, and when something goes wrong, the platform has to do something.

Can you imagine when thing go wrong, Amazon just tell you "move on, this is life"?

I would not pay any attention if ordinary people behave like that, but some admins, moderators, or any influential persons say that, then I know the attitude of the platform.

MicroLXC is lovable.

• @bliss said:

@FrankZ said:

@bliss said:

I am confused now.

LOL

That's just a parody of speaking, meant no harm gentleman.
    I'm sorry if you are irritated, but I don't think you will ever get angry about such fuss, because ... well, I dare not say, ...

Anyway, providers come and go like early morning dew. I would not express anything sarcastic as long as the services finished on due date or users get refund. Unfortunately, some providers here failed to do it, and admin here didn't deprive the provider tick / tag, nor asked refund to protect affected users, but used the humor, saying "life is this".

Most reasonable people know how life is like: if people purchased something on Amazon, and when something goes wrong, the platform has to do something.

Can you imagine when thing go wrong, Amazon just tell you "move on, this is life"?

I would not pay any attention if ordinary people behave like that, but some admins, moderators, or any influential persons say that, then I know the attitude of the platform.

My LOL was nothing more than I found your previous comment humorous. Please excuse my finding humor if your intention was for your previous comment to upset me in some way.

Regarding your last comment, If I understand you correctly you think that VirMach's provider tag should be removed. If that is correct then you should fill out a ticket at the help desk with your reasoning and the staff, will consider your request in accordance with the rule.

if you have a genuine issue with a host open a helpdesk ticket o

Of course I don't see what difference it would make as even without a provider tag he could still participate in this thread just like any other member. It's not like he is making offer threads here anyway.

In regards to comparing Amazon sellers to LES providers. Amazon has different rules and has more sway over providers because they collect and then pass on the money for products sold on their site to the provider. Here at LES no monies pass through us and therefore your comparison is moot.
    Here we have a warning in the rules section.

WARNINGS
    As previously stated this is a buyer beware forum, some efforts will be made to prevent people from falling victim to obvious scams, however, this forum is not a nanny state as others in the industry tend to be you must apply common sense.

Virmach is not a new provider, and the issues he has been facing has been well documented for quite a while now. I also don't think that anybody here at LES is trying to hide the facts from potential buyers. This thread is in the open forum, not in off topic, so it does get indexed by search engines and is open to non members. This has been a more open thread than most others, where people can say whatever and there has generally been no issue with that. The only thing that does get on my nerves, is when people act like broken records, saying the same thing over, and over, and over again hoping that if they say it just one more time they might get their way.

Are we good now ?

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• edited September 2023

@FrankZ said: Are we good now ?

Thanks for replying, we are good as we have always been. It would be hard for both providers and users if forums like LES didn't exist.

@FrankZ said: you think that VirMach's provider tag should be removed.

No, virmach is fine. I meant DediPath since its business was over. Dysfunctional or acquired providers' tags should be re-considered.

My sarcasm came from DediPath's last two emails to customers which only described the difficulties encountered and sadness without mentioning migration or refund, given that ddp had posted some offerings even in its last weeks.

Well, sorry for any inconveniences I may cause.

MicroLXC is lovable.

• @bliss said:

@FrankZ said: Are we good now ?

Thanks for replying, we are good as we have always been. It would be hard for both providers and users if forums like LES didn't exist.

Thank you, and that is good to hear.

@FrankZ said: you think that VirMach's provider tag should be removed.

No, virmach is fine. I meant DediPath since its business was over. Dysfunctional or acquired providers' tags should be re-considered.

DediPath's provider tag was removed, and they were removed from the LES Provider list, as soon as I confirmed from their rep that they had deadpooled. (The morning of Aug 31st) See my comment here. @bikegremlin then followed up by making notes in their only offer thread that appeared on LES later the same day, because I missed doing that. So in my opinion that was all done very quickly, and I am not sure what else we here at LES could have done in regard to the DediPath closure.

Thanked by (2)bliss Wonder_Woman

• NYCB046 has returned with new IP's :)

• @VirMach said:

This is great news, the BF Flash part of the business is the most fun, and the best value, but the whiners are unbelievable. With it being its own brand it should be very clear to everyone what you're getting. I'm sure it won't stop the whiners, but I've always thought this was the way to go.

• Hi @nutjob long time no see. I hope you are doing well. :)

• @dgc1980 said:
    NYCB046 has returned with new IP's :)

Congratulations.

IPv4 change tickets will go out mostly likely tomorrow or Tuesday. These are the stages it'll be completed in.

1. By September 12th, new IPv4 provided for pre-planning, will not be ready until September 19th. This allows us time to coordinate all the announcements and network changes and make sure it's all good. (We will provide exact update on network status page.) Only added as secondary IPv4 address at this stage, non-functional.
    2. By September 18-19th, main IPv4 will be switched to the new address, indicating it is ready for use. Customers have between September 19th and September 25-26th to reconfigure and begin using the new address themselves, this is the overlap period.
    3. September 29th, there will be a forced cleanup phase. This is where we remove the old IPv4 address and force reconfigure everyone. We will coordinate this more exactly throughout the day on network status page so if reconfigures break networking for anyone, they will have to fix it within their operating system.

We'll mention how geolocation and rDNS won't be immediately available but will be communicated on network status page when ready.

I'm trying to simplify the explanation so it will likely be explained as IPv4 will change on September 29th, and anything beforehand is optional for advanced users. A very small number of people may have to be migrated to a node, we're going to try to separate these so if you are one of the like <1% of people affected by that you'll likely get a different message. I'd say like 50 to 100 VMs affected. They'll likely just get personal tickets at that point.

You will NOT get one of these tickets if you are on any Dedipath nodes that will be getting changed, those, we aren't able to predict where you will end up. If you get moved from Dedipath to elsewhere and get a 47.87.xx.xx address, you will also likely not get any notification either depending on the order it gets done in, those are still very much prone to any "emergency" changes without ample notice.

Seattle/San Jose migrations to LAX/NYC have been delayed. We have to wait for SolusVM to restore some level of functionality, it's pretty much otherwise impossible to efficiently do anything. I've been communicating with them today, we'll likely work on other solutions on Monday if they don't help us resolve it tonight.

Denver/Atlanta/Dallas also delayed, it's just not possible to do in the current state without it taking 16+ hours of extra work on top of all the work thus far, time which we do not have right now.

• @Jab said:

@prokami said:

No idea if that changed... but you wait for timeout, click on the left menu, (most likely wait for timeout again?) and it should load more buttons - this time you are looking for Full VPS Control which will open you SolusVM that has "Node" in VPS details.

That was really helpful. Thanks.
    Turns out vps is in RYZE.LAX-A018.VMS which is the only downed machine in Los Angeles. What a luck!

So @VirMach any ETA for this machine to be up again?

• @VirMach: I wonder if I can access my VPS in Seattle today. I want to copy some data from it.

• @VirMach said:
    Denver/Atlanta/Dallas also delayed, it's just not possible to do in the current state without it taking 16+ hours of extra work on top of all the work thus far, time which we do not have right now.

Definitely going to be shedding a lot of VPS once the dust settles. I bought 3-5+ servers in any given location so that they would be in that location, but now I'll have 25+ in NYC, which does me no good. Not being critical of anyone - a provider has to do what they must do - but it's still a headache.

I guess it'll be saving me money in the long run.