VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

We've just confirmed setup day of Friday, September 15th, for Evocative San Jose.

I've spoken with them and it's possible they may be able to allow us to rack it quicker if we can get someone else's help with that or if I can fly in any time sooner (unlikely, we'll see.) Networking team member that was supposed to assist us in the meeting today called in sick so IP announcement is still being worked on.

• edited September 2023

PHXZ003 went offline an hour ago.
    We are losing millions.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited September 2023

Currently seeing multiple VMs in Seattle, San Jose, Phoenix, Denver, Dallas, and LAX019 as not reachable.
    This is a pretty good test of my failover system.

All websites - UP
    DNS servers 1 & 2 - UP
    Mail server - UP

We are NOT losing millions.

EDIT: My VPN tinc mesh network is now routing me via Tokyo, so there is a little more latency when viewing LES.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Did Dallas get all pulled?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited September 2023

@JoeMerit said: Did Dallas get all pulled?

Seems like it did. It was scheduled to go. I was kind of surprised it lasted this long.
    DALZ006 and DALZ009 should have already been moved to NYC though.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

Seems like it did. It was scheduled to go. I was kind of surprised it lasted this long.

I don't think it was all scheduled to drop off today. I'm excited to have all my servers move to NYC though.

Network/DC look good! I just probably wont need 5 of them.

• @JoeMerit said: I just probably wont need 5 of them.

I'm in the same boat, but two are from other providers. All really good, all really cheap. It's going to be a really tough decision to decide which one(s) to get rid of in a couple of months.

• edited September 2023

@FrankZ said:

@VirMach Mine was on DALZ009 and was migrated to NYCB040. NYCB040 is online and I can access my VM via VNC, but it has no routing to the Internet. Is there any way I can copy data off the VM at this point in time if I can access it via VNC?

I've tried "Reconfigure Networking" but it doesn't fix it. And it's a Windows Server 2016 installation.

Thanks.

@yoursunny said:
    PHXZ003.VIRM.AC went offline an hour ago.
    We are losing millions.

Path.net was going to turn on new service Wednesday but one of transit providers that isn't them must have shut off Dedipath, so Path is helping us try to move it sooner before Wednesday as a result.

This does likely mean old IP addresses will remain the same so that's one plus to that. Downside is up to 2 day downtime. Make correction to network status page soon.

• @FrankZ said:

@JoeMerit said: I just probably wont need 5 of them.

I'm in the same boat, but two are from other providers. All really good, all really cheap. It's going to be a really tough decision to decide which one(s) to get rid of in a couple of months.

Rule of thumb:
    You can have at most one server at each location.
    A location is the size of a Western Europe country.

Anything in excess must be cancelled.
    Tally the RAM and storage usage of each applications.
    Choose the least costly server that can fit the total RAM and storage demand to keep.
    All others are cancelled.

• @yoursunny said: A location is the size of a Western Europe country.

Luxembourg, Monaco or Liechtenstein?

• @Mumbly said:

@yoursunny said: A location is the size of a Western Europe country.

These little ones don't count.
    Think Switzerland or France.

Thanked by (1)Mumbly

I'm assuming Unitas Global cut the transit as Denver, Dallas, Atlanta in the same boat now. Finished speaking with Flexential, they confirmed they didn't bring anything down on their end.

Yeah, so Atlanta is Flex + Lumen blend and fine.

Dallas, Phoenix, and Denver were Unitas Global. (And Seattle, San Jose too.)

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Wonder_Woman
  • @yoursunny said:

@Mumbly said:

@yoursunny said: A location is the size of a Western Europe country.

These little ones don't count.
    Think Switzerland or France.

Bbbut... Switzerland is little too! 15x smaller than France. Are you sure that's okay?

edited September 2023

Let's hope SolusVM got back to us on fixing the migration grievances, if not today is going to be hell with the the added transit outage as described above.

Finally out of meetings, I got some sleep before the meetings maybe 4 hours but I've been up for a while and need to work in another nap in there today, we'll see how that goes. This definitely is going to at least push IPv4 change announcements into tomorrow.

Summary

SEA - Don't know but probably up this week.
    SJC - Confirmed Saturday latest (but it can technically get later-er or sooner.)
    PHX - Wednesday or sooner.
    DEN - Finishing loading from backups for failed migrations from weekend. Likely discontinued but waiting for quote.
    DAL - Flexential's lead time for this location appears to be around 2 weeks as power setup is required, exploring options.
    ATL - Flexential possibly can get us back up here early next week. Waiting for more information.

• Some people complained that Flexential expensive, you still going with them?

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• Hello everyone, 1st post on LES but not in the lowend-X community.

I don't know if someone can help me figure out there, but i tried to open a ticket twice to get migrated from SEA to NYC both get refused and directly closed i followed the instruction on the status page telling to open a ticket with subjet set to "SEA Migrate Immediately to NYC" and that i agree to be moved and i know i wont be able to move back and data will be delete and also i would like backup loaded and acknowledge about the 15$ as seen in the instruction am i missing something ?

Maybe im missing something can you point me out.

Thanks guys :)

DeviousDev

• @DeviousDev said:

You are missing the poem.

胖冲高,关键年,小毛病,重启解,
    VirBot is having major outages in this important year and expects you to solve minor issues by rebooting.
    再不行,自己D,若还是,没解决,
    Reinstall if it doesn't work.
    小问题,忍一下,又不是,不能用,
    You are expected to tolerate every problem.
    很多人,都一样,也就你,发工单,
    Most problems are widespread and opening tickets will not help.
    反正我,觉得行。
    I think it's okay.
    好配置,这价格,还要啥,自行车,
    Good spec at cheap price, so you shouldn't expect a free bicycle.
    胖子他,不赚钱,交朋友,卖小鸡
    VirBot is earning no money, and just wants to be your friend.

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles nightcat

• @yoursunny said: Rule of thumb:
    You can have at most one server at each location.
    A location is the size of a Western Europe country.

I'm glad that you are able to do that. I've pulled a VirMach on you and twice wrote out walls of text trying to explain why that was not going to work for me. Instead I'll just say that's not going to work for me and try and live with the understanding that babies are going to die in the future due to climate change because of my extensive use of Low End VMs today.

@DeviousDev said:
    Hello everyone, 1st post on LES but not in the lowend-X community.

I don't know if someone can help me figure out there, but i tried to open a ticket twice to get migrated from SEA to NYC both get refused and directly closed i followed the instruction on the status page telling to open a ticket with subjet set to "SEA Migrate Immediately to NYC" and that i agree to be moved and i know i wont be able to move back and data will be delete and also i would like backup loaded and acknowledge about the 15$ as seen in the instruction am i missing something ?

Thanks guys :)

DeviousDev

It's on the network status update, we may refuse for any reason to process it but per comment here earlier, usually if rejected it means either not done correctly, which you've confirmed it was done correctly, or that you were marked as previously have made a ticket about an issue that was already discussed on network status page. (Could also technically be previous similar situation.)

Okay slightly more detailed timeline/events, maybe.

San Jose - I'm flying there tomorrow afternoon until Wednesday afternoon and hopefully I'll be able to do something, if not then whatever, at least a change of workplace, I'm already set up with multiple portable monitors and such. If that fails, then we have someone who can maybe do it Wednesday or Thursday, if that fails then defaults to Evocative hands Friday to Saturday.

Seattle - Got confirmation from them they're speaking with Unitas Global for the blend, he's trying to send out the quote as soon as possible still. I do technically have the option to hop from SJC to SEA if needed Wednesday to Thursday as well.

Phoenix - Haven't heard any further from here, timeline is still today until Wednesday. We won't be loading in from backups as this is a relatively short wait here in any case. Relatively.

For Dallas and Denver, we're dividing everyone out for emergency migrations. Haven't heard back from SolusVM today yet. I'll see if I can drop of servers to QN. Deja vu, I feel like I keep saying that and then not doing it because I run out of time. Last hold up was trying to finish the migrations from before the weekend.

• @VirMach thank you for the continuing updates, it has made it much easier to work around the issues. It might seem ironic, but knowing that a particular DC is not coming back online today has helped me sleep better.

• NY down ?

@hike said:
    NY down ?

Yes, caused by me. I made a really stupid mistake, immediately realized it and contacted the datacenter/made network issue.

• Is back , short glitch

• edited September 2023

@hike said:
    NY down ?

@VirMach said:
    Yes, caused by me. I made a really stupid mistake, immediately realized it and contacted the datacenter/made network issue.

Can imagen with all going on , hope when all sorted you can take some holiday.
    Good luck !

• There is a problem with NYCB046's network and cannot connect to the Internet. :#

• Alhamdulillah, Thanks @VirMach My storage is active again with a new IP

Thanked by (2)lesuser ehab