help me choose between domain .com or .store which one is better?

hello Les,
I brought domains for my business
"somethingstore.com" and "something.store"

which one is better?
which one should I really use?

I kind of doubting the reputation of the .store domain but it is short compared to somethingstore.com
what is your opinion?

thanks

com vs store
  1. which one is better48 votes
    1. somethingstore.com
      79.17%
    2. something.store
      20.83%

Comments

• Personally, I would get both.

Use the .com for the main/actual website and redirect the .store :smiley:

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• If it's for retail, I think .store is a suitable domain. For everything else you may find a matching domain in the new endings.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny selalumenang
  • Go for shorter domain name and choose infraused tld. I got 2 letters domain paying premium price. But not excessive price for it. Just check the list of tlds in namesilo or in another similar page and find a nice option from them . my 2 cents

Thanked by (1)selalumenang

Dentistry is my passion

• @Amadex said:
    com

This isn't chat vote.

• Only 3 letters shorter and Renewal price cheaper .com

If your something is not 5 letters or less, I Will go to Dotcom

• Why not both? You are asking if you like to have one cake, or another cake... Why not both cakes? It is soothing on the stomach, brings happiness in life and fullfillment. :relieved:

• Hey!
    I think ".com" will be ranked better on search engines than .store, at least this is visible with the naked eye when you search for certain companies, almost all of them have generic extensions.

• Everyone loves com

• Go with .com, I never liked these tlds: .stores , .site , .club, etc..
    I never navigate on sites who holds those tlds, it makes me cringe

• rootroot OG
    edited September 2023

Go with ".store". Technology evolves, including naming space over internet. The new TLDs are the future.

One could also use both and have multiple stores.

How are you... online?

• Buy both, use .store as the principal site, and redirect the .com to .store, just in case someone mistypes.

• Most people don't really care about TLDs, unless they are very unusual.
    In my opinion, the main domain should be .com. It has become dubious in recent years, but its prices are still stable.
    ngTLDs are overproduced and continue to disperse customers, so there is a significant risk that costs will increase in the future.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ selalumenang
  • "Both" should definitely be a voting option.

Since the majority of people use .com by habit, even if you choose a .store domain for your main domain, you should always register the .com as well and redirect it to the .store domain to make sure you're not missing any traffic or confusing your visitors.

SimpleSonic - We Make Fast... Easy!
    New High Performance Economy Shared Hosting Plans Available As Low As $1.46/mo

• I personally prefer you to choose the .com domain as .store domain names are still not familiar with people.
    So choose the best option wisely and all the very best for your success!

Trusted Partner - www.webi.co.in

• .com can be anything but .store is mostly one thing

• Personally, in my opinion, there is no difference in terms of SEO.
    But in terms of brand identity or functionality, I think .store is a more suitable option for 2 reasons:
    The domain is also shorter.
    It is also specialized for the store.

• I don't think the search results will change. Some TLDs are negatively affected by search results, but .store is less likely to have this concern due to its usage. I doubt that .com is superior. (In the case of ccTLD, it may be affected in that country)

But .store has fluctuated in price recently and appears to have become more expensive. .com also plans to increase prices in the future, but more slowly than .store.
    https://tld-list.com/tld/store

However, I prefer using new and unusual TLDs. If price is not an issue, I would consider .store or .shop.

BALLOON | FU-SEN from Japan - You may know me from other places...

• Renewal price is high for this kind of domain tld. And i prefer visiting common tld like .com so I will choose .com.

• Com is better and more popular.

VeronCloud - | UK Dedicated Servers Starts Just £49.99GBP |Managed Dedicated Servers | KVM SSD VPS