VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• Two of my Dallas vps are affected, since I'm not in the US, I just want them to be restored as soon as possible

• @VirMach said: Yes that even means IPv6, our own ASN, and likely it'd go under a different brand with a different control panel and maybe even different server types (Epyc?)

even more interesting :)

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ZA_capetown
  • LAX2Z019 @VirMach
    "Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received"
    from August 19 until now September 14 it is still like that.
    don't understand, don't want to understand, who knows how long

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@FrankZ said:

@VirMach said:

@FrankZ said:
    @VirMach I noticed what appears to be an inconsistency on your web site for Premium Ryzen VPS, on this page,
    I have marked the inconsistency on this screenshot.
    I expect it is not a high priority right now, but I figured you might want to know about it.

We should fix it by making it give you less disk unless you scroll down.

LOL. You seem to be in good humor tonight. Or is that just me misinterpreting your lack of sleep, and excess caffeine intake ?

I slept well today, finally. Too well actually, that explains some of the delays although it wouldn't have helped too much. I did have a lot of coffee as well.

@dos621 said:

@VirMach said:

@JBB said:

@FrankZ said:

@JBB said: Is anyone on DALZ004?

You Dallas VPS is probably in NYC now. After you get the timeout in the billing panel, go to the left menu and click "management".

Thanks for the pointer, this is very helpful. Turns out it still shows me on RYZE.DAL-Z004.VMS with my old IP. VNC wouldn't connect. Can't power it off, either.

DALZ004 ran into issues. We might have to get people up for that and maybe DALZ007 as new services without backup for now.

I'm on DALZ004 and have my own backups. I'd love the option to be moved to NYC as a new service, if possible.

This is being worked on, I think, by someone other than me. I'll try to get an update.

I have access to most the San Jose servers for several hours now, slowly it's getting better. Needs to get better enough to where it has a connection to the master server then we can process IP changes.

• edited September 2023

I'm in Tulsa, so OKC is good with me. If you get desperate for some smart hands, I might make a trip. Electricity rates are going up fast here in OK, so I would sign a long term contract if possible. Several rate hikes in the last 2 years plus 2021 winter storm rider.

• Is there any news from SJC now?

• @taoqi said:
    Is there any news from SJC now?

Yes, 2 posts above you.

• Please know that I'm just having some fun at QuadraNet's expense not complaining at all.

Machine A pinging his storage server 25 miles away - 40ms.
    Machine B pinging same storage server 800 miles and six extra hops away - 18ms.

I love computer networking.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ZA_capetown
  • NYCB045 Online... Waiting for NYCB011X... Btw SolusVM network reconfigure s0x hard

• All good here for my VM on NYCB045 as well now. Thank you Qi. :)

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @VirMach I look at Seattle Sabbey every hour. Could you update information about this location?

• My VPS from node "NYCB021" has been woked up today :)
    It needed only a "Reconfigure Networking" on SolusVM to use the new IP address. (This VPS previously was on node "RYZE.DAL-Z003.VMS" (Dallas location), but it now in New York).

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @dzungdo said:
    @VirMach I look at Seattle Sabbey every hour. Could you update information about this location?

Just a thought ... maybe drink less coffee in the morning. You're wound a little tight.

Thanked by (2)dzungdo AlwaysSkint
  • @skorous said:

@dzungdo said:
    @VirMach I look at Seattle Sabbey every hour. Could you update information about this location?

Just a thought ... maybe drink less coffee in the morning. You're wound a little tight.

Nah add an energy drink to your coffee. I want to see pics after you meltdown though.

Thanked by (2)dzungdo skorous

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• LMFTFY

@titus said: has been woked woken up today

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @VirMach said:
    I'm actually leaning toward going with a lot of space in OKC and specifically using that location to focus on our dedicated servers product as it would make the most sense.

Power is cheap there, and the more data we can get with many carriers the better. It ends up making way more sense than paying high setup fee and monthly fee for a cabinet as they have a ton of space there, just nothing already set up. So if we get a lot of power, space, and then just have it to set up cabinets and fill them out as we go and have a bunch of transit ready to go as we spin up new ones. So yeah, offering dedicated servers and even colocation is very realistic for that location.

Additional possibly good news for everyone else, based on the power quote I got we could end up being able to just put up all the old equipment we have gathering dust, that's E5's and E3's and just do some type of launch promotion for those at a good price, special only to kind of make amends for anyone who had dedicated servers with us over the last couple years and what they had to go through. Basically at-cost.

It wouldn't be my first choice personally, but OKC is definitely workable for me, especially if the pricing is good. I'd be very interested in something there if you get back into dedis.

• @VirMach
    I was also affected by your Dedicated server exit from ColoCrossing. I am open to OKC as long as its reliable and stable. Likewise would be interesting to see you return back offering Dedicated server again.

Thanked by (1)VirMach
  • and there goes Atlanta finally, IPs dropped off.

• edited September 2023

@JoeMerit said: and there goes Atlanta finally..

ATLZ010 is fine.

In other news; my DAL VPS is now connecting in NYC - better than nowt.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AuroraZero said:

@skorous said:

@dzungdo said:

Nah add an energy drink to your coffee. I want to see pics after you meltdown though.

I had a coworker who used to pour a 5 hour energy into his energy drinks, and had 2 a day every day. He was the most awake person I've ever met.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @fluttershy said:

@AuroraZero said:

@skorous said:

@dzungdo said:

I had a coworker who used to pour a 5 hour energy into his energy drinks, and had 2 a day every day. He was the most awake person I've ever met.

See him around lately? Is he dead?

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles Wonder_Woman

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• DALZ007 Operation Timed Out After 90000 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received
    PHXZ001 The node is currently locked
    SEAZ002 The node is currently locked
    DANZ001 The node is currently locked

Thanked by (1)someTom
  • @fluttershy said:

I hear that if one drinks a cup of Starbucks cold brew in one sip and immediately performs 12 pushups, the barista would give a second cup for free.
    I tried this and it's true.
    However, I felt like 😇 for the next five hours.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

san joseeeeeeeeee

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• PHXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@JoeMerit said: and there goes Atlanta finally..

ATLZ010 is fine.

In other news; my DAL VPS is now connecting in NYC - better than nowt.

Hrmmm.. My 66.59.x.x IP doesn't route anymore. I think this is ATLZ002

• @JoeMerit said: Hrmmm.. My 66.59.x.x IP doesn't route anymore. I think this is ATLZ002

Same experience with node "RYZE.ATL-Z006.VMS". (66.59.19Z.XYZ)
    WHMCS: "Operation Timed Out After 90000 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received"

Simplified IPv4 change process, since we had to delay it.

1. You'll receive a ticket with the new IPv4 address, and new address will appear as the "main" IPv4 address but old IPv4 address will still remain there as secondary.
    2. We'll set an official date of September 21st for the new IPv4 address being available but will communicate any delays on the network status page. When confirmed ready, the old IPv4 will be removed as secondary and we'll sync it with WHMCS.
    3. You can reconfigure on your own time from September 21st to September 28th.
    4. On September 28th, we begin reconfiguring any new IPv4 not pinging.

Really working to have this ready and begin sending out communication starting tonight, into tomorrow.

Atlanta, we're aware of the two nodes going down, probably connectivity, I haven't yet investigated what happened.

Atlanta signed on already, ETA is end of next week for setup for new cabinet.

San Jose, it's taking a long time to propagate, master node still cannot reach them for IPv4 changes.

Phoenix, I've so far been unable to get them to understand the announcement and IPMI issues, trying again. They misunderstood for whatever reason.

Seattle, I reached out to Sabey again and haven't heard back.