VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @AuroraZero said:

@fluttershy said:

@AuroraZero said:

@skorous said:

@dzungdo said:
    @VirMach I look at Seattle Sabbey every hour. Could you update information about this location?

Just a thought ... maybe drink less coffee in the morning. You're wound a little tight.

Nah add an energy drink to your coffee. I want to see pics after you meltdown though.

I had a coworker who used to pour a 5 hour energy into his energy drinks, and had 2 a day every day. He was the most awake person I've ever met.

See him around lately? Is he dead?

There's a reason I said "had", "used to", and "was"

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • coldcold OG
    edited September 2023

sorry my fault, after a network reconfig it worked

• NYCB027 is still locked.

• Are push not allowed recently? A kind-hearted mjj only needs us to pay the push fee to push the vps in the picture to our account. Today he said that virmach rejected it and only refunded 1 of the 2 push fees. I want a vps with an annual payment of 24.6 US dollars. :/

• @adef_1 said:
    NYCB027 is still locked.

I've given up on that one. It was probably full of cheap BF specials and as such probably cheaper for the provider to return pennies if anything and cancel all those contracts rather than bother replacing them at this point.

• @VirMach said: sed to hav

@KuYeHQ said:

Are push not allowed recently? A kind-hearted mjj only needs us to pay the push fee to push the vps in the picture to our account. Today he said that virmach rejected it and only refunded 1 of the 2 push fees. I want a vps with an annual payment of 24.6 US dollars. :/

push later. virbot is too busy on fixing issue.

• My DALZ010 now is NYCB044. Showed as offline, manual boot from VirMachPanel started it right up this morning.

I <3 NY!

Now can get back to some serious idling.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@jtk said:

@adef_1 said:
    NYCB027 is still locked.

I've given up on that one. It was probably full of cheap BF specials and as such probably cheaper for the provider to return pennies if anything and cancel all those contracts rather than bother replacing them at this point.

We've never made a decision based on something like that.

Here, I'll give you an example. ATLZ002 was one of our most profitable nodes as it was filled exclusively with higher-priced Windows plans and closed out (filled completely.) It ended up being one of the last to be moved in from backups to NYC, for other reasons that have nothing to do with the value. Should we have probably focused on that first as a good business decision? Sure, but that's not how we operate.

@KuYeHQ said: Are push not allowed recently? A kind-hearted mjj only needs us to pay the push fee to push the vps in the picture to our account. Today he said that virmach rejected it and only refunded 1 of the 2 push fees. I want a vps with an annual payment of 24.6 US dollars.

They rarely get rejected but they do sometimes get rejected. I wouldn't be able to know the reason unless I have more information, but likely because their account has too many flags.

• @KuYeHQ said: Are push not allowed recently? A kind-hearted mjj only needs us to pay the push fee to push the vps in the picture to our account.

When a mjj has multiple groups of three particularly good flash deals, when it was hard to get even one for most people, I would expect that there was a previous multi account or scalper issue with this customer. Personally I would stay away from this so as to not have my account associated with this type of thing, and the problems it might cause in the future. Just my2 cents.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• On that push topic anyone have anything with <6$ per year with dedicated IP?
    I want moar IPs, especially now :D

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

edited September 2023

I have no idea what's actually going on with San Jose.

I am guessing it still has to do on Evocative's end with the router. I've spent a lot of time going down a rabbit hole and everything seems to point to their router having some problem that's causing visibility issues. It's announced properly, RPKI is correct, shows up on everything, but it looks like it's only getting picked up by only a few carriers, except if you dig into it everything's already updated pretty much everywhere.

Looking at major transit looking glasses that have a problem with it, I see that it's definitely making it all the way to the facility, and then poof. Anyway, that's just my guess. At this point I'll play my "I'm not a network engineer" card.

While doing that I also got the other company to look into Phoenix further and it looks like that's just been resolved, shifting toward checking that now (edit) well at least one of them is up.

Alright Phoenix is finally up, small win.

• VirMach said: Alright Phoenix is finally up, small win.

Big win for @yoursunny

Thanked by (3)yoursunny skorous FAT32

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• edited September 2023

@Jab said:
    On that push topic anyone have anything with <6$ per year with dedicated IP?
    I want moar IPs, especially now :D

Been collecting Virmach specials for a long while, so I have a $3/yr one, a $4.95/yr one, two $6/yr ones, and one that is $6.01/yr.

Got 17 that are $10/yr or below.

Now that some locations are being consolidated, I may wind up dropping a few but not quite ready to part with anything yet.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @rpollestad said: locations are being consolidated, I may wind up dropping a few

Dibs
    kthxbye

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @VirMach, what's happening with migration from Seattle to LAX (Priority Queue)?

IP change tickets/emails finally sending.

We're setting a 22nd date for when new IP will work and old will be soft removed, and old address will work until 29th if it's not touched (it can also be added back manually internally but SolusVM may try to do something weird with it at that point so it's not guaranteed. Wait until the go-ahead to change it.) If we change them sooner we'll update the network status page with a list before the 22nd in that case.

• They rarely get rejected but they do sometimes get rejected. I wouldn't be able to know the reason unless I have more information, but likely because their account has too many flags.

Since I am not the owner of the account, I cannot provide further information, but as far as I know, the account owner does not make money by reselling high-configuration vps. He did only charge 3 US dollars + 0.7 US dollars ( (Manual fee), considering the remaining usage time of the vps, there is no problem in saying that it is given away for free. Due to many reasons, the account owners will no longer renew many vps in the picture . It would be a pity if these vps disappeared because of non-renewal.

• @FrankZ said:
    When a mjj has multiple groups of three particularly good flash deals, when it was hard to get even one for most people, I would expect that there was a previous multi account or scalper issue with this customer. Personally I would stay away from this so as to not have my account associated with this type of thing, and the problems it might cause in the future. Just my2 cents.

Thank you for your kind reminder. Considering that virmach planned to kill multiple account users and many users who resold high-configuration vps during the flash sale last year, it took a long time for many low-priced and high-configuration vps to be sold out during the flash sale, so I’m not surprised that one account has many low-priced and high-end VPS . Furthermore, if vir provides users with 8 tags, my account will have at least 5 tags, and it doesn’t matter if I have one more. =)

edited September 2023

@KuYeHQ said:

@FrankZ said:

Thank you for your kind reminder. Considering that virmach planned to kill multiple account users and many users who resold high-configuration vps during the flash sale last year, it took a long time for many low-priced and high-configuration vps to be sold out during the flash sale, so I’m not surprised that one account has many low-priced and high-end VPS . Furthermore, if vir provides users with 8 tags, my account will have at least 5 tags, and it doesn’t matter if I have one more. =)

Past a certain point it becomes difficult processing a transfer without it causing problems for the person it's transferred to, because they will have to inherit certain notes and such. So if it was rejected it's to avoid putting your account at risk in the future. Doesn't mean 100% something's very wrong but it's a simple transfer.

If he wants to transfer after that transfer type is rejected it's manual/custom transfer at a higher fee, then we can actually spend time and look into it further for those cases.

I'd probably say like 500+ transfers processed for every 1-2 rejected for that reason though so ar.

• @VirMach said:

@VirMach I think the Two-Factor (per email) system might be broken, or extremely delayed (last 10+ hours or so)

Also, I haven't received any of the IP change emails you mention.

I figure the two might be related.
    Either bottlenecked or maybe something broken with the emails perhaps. :o

• @ZA_capetown said:

@VirMach said:

@VirMach I think the Two-Factor (per email) system might be broken, or extremely delayed (last 10+ hours or so)

Also, I haven't received any of the IP change emails you mention.

I figure the two might be related.
    Either bottlenecked or maybe something broken with the emails perhaps. :o

Update:
    Since 12min ago, I'm starting to receive the IP change emails (3 thus far, 2nd after 3mins; 3rd 7mins after 2nd)
    Two-Factor (per email) not getting through yet.

So I assume the Two-Factor (per email) will work once the mail queue is cleared. :)

• 31.222.200.0/22 (Phoenix) is being withdrawn from global routing system.

Thanked by (2)Ganonk FrankZ

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• rootroot OG
    edited September 2023

@VirMach said:
    Simplified IPv4 change process, since we had to delay it.

I am curious why you have to change IPv4 addresses. Sorry if I did not follow this long thread.

How are you... online?

• @root said:

@VirMach said:
    Simplified IPv4 change process, since we had to delay it.

I am curious why you have to change IPv4 addresses. Sorry if I did not follow this long thread.

AlibabaCloud has not offered to renew the leasing contract, so new IP need to be sourced.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ root
  • Speaking of transfers, did anyone end up with a large storage VPs in LA that they want to part with? I could use like 2-4tb if anyone decided it's not a good fit for them. Probably a long shot, I don't know how many other people bought these big plans, but still worth a shot.

• @yoursunny said:
    31.222.200.0/22 (Phoenix) is being withdrawn from global routing system.

PHX is back online.

BTW, any new progress on DALZ007?

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• any update on PHXZ002? it's down before the migration i think

@bakageta said:
    Speaking of transfers, did anyone end up with a large storage VPs in LA that they want to part with? I could use like 2-4tb if anyone decided it's not a good fit for them. Probably a long shot, I don't know how many other people bought these big plans, but still worth a shot.

What pricing are you looking for? I can probably generate it for you.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ skorous bakageta

@Alvinl said:
    any update on PHXZ002? it's down before the migration i think

If your individual VPS was down before the move/status updates, then you wouldn't get a personal update for your individual VPS and would likely have to open a ticket if nothing else works.