VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• Success! all my Virmach VPS are back online and while many of them are now in the same NJ/NYC location, its a pretty sweet location!

Thanked by (1)ZA_capetown
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@lolmi said: I just said wrong, it's a Transfer Service, not a migration, sorry.

I expect that ether you, or the receiving account, is not eligible for transfers.
    Was the $3 refunded to your account credit ?
    If so, then you're done. You should not try the transfer again.
    If not, was this the first time you attempted the transfer, or was the transfer rejected previously.
    If rejected previously, consider the $3 as getting off easy.
    If not, I would like to thank you for your donation to the cause.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

@JoeMerit said:
    Success! all my Virmach VPS are back online and while many of them are now in the same NJ/NYC location, its a pretty sweet location!

This just feeds into the old "Buffalo is basically X" meme from OGF.

Francisco

• @FrankZ said:

@lolmi said: I just said wrong, it's a Transfer Service, not a migration, sorry.

I expect that ether you, or the receiving account, is not eligible for transfers.
    Was the $3 refunded to your account credit ?
    If so, then you're done. You should not try the transfer again.
    If not, was this the first time you attempted the transfer, or was the transfer rejected previously.
    If rejected previously, consider the $3 as getting off easy.
    If not, I would like to thank you for your donation to the cause.

The ticket was closed, but 3 knives were not returned to my account, the first time Push

• all my service are up only left is
    Tpaz005 waiting on new new IP after it migrated here
    and
    ATLZ007B I guess soonish will be fixed

• @VirMach seems that NYCB043 is the only server almost full ( 93% ) on NY DC? ... I hope drives don't fail on this :-/

• Anyone have update on SEAZ002/LAX1Z015 i see nothing no where vm is unlocked in client area, but unable to boot up etc so i don't know if i am missing something, somewhere.
    Thanks guys.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@DeviousDev - Does it not turn on at all, or when you go into VNC it says something like "No boot disk", or is it something else ?

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Affecting System - DALZ004, DALZ007
    Last Updated 10/06/2023 04:47
    Update 9/28 -- Equipment has been finally released by the datacenter and will likely be shipped to Atlanta tomorrow, arriving either Saturday or Monday. This could be delayed further.

Update -- We are receiving tickets asking for an update. There is no update. The facility has not provided us with an update, so as per above this means it's been further delayed.

Thanks for letting me know even if there's nothing new.

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@risturiz said:
    @VirMach seems that NYCB043 is the only server almost full ( 93% ) on NY DC? ... I hope drives don't fail on this :-/

I can delete the status page if that helps out.

Thanked by (1)netomx
  • @VirMach said:

@risturiz said:
    @VirMach seems that NYCB043 is the only server almost full ( 93% ) on NY DC? ... I hope drives don't fail on this :-/

I can delete the status page if that helps out.

nooo I like seeing how much torture I'm able to put a node through

Thanked by (1)bakageta
  • @FrankZ said:
    @DeviousDev - Does it not turn on at all, or when you go into VNC it says something like "No boot disk", or is it something else ?

It doesnt boot at all and vnc give me error Failed to connect to server (code: 1011, reason: Failed to connect to downstream server) and there is no iso mount and when i take a look at the advanced panel Operating System is empty. i don't want to open a ticket but i am kinda in the dark to be honest.
    Thanks

• @DeviousDev said:

@FrankZ said:

It doesnt boot at all and vnc give me error Failed to connect to server (code: 1011, reason: Failed to connect to downstream server) and there is no iso mount and when i take a look at the advanced panel Operating System is empty. i don't want to open a ticket but i am kinda in the dark to be honest.
    Thanks

I have the same problem as you

• edited October 2023

The previously locked NYCB027 node has now become the unlocked NYCB035 node (ip: 74.217.x.x). I can access it via VNC, but it seems there is no routing, and the network is not functional.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@DeviousDev said:

@FrankZ said:

Thanks

I've seen this before after migration. I waited a while and it was resolved without opening a ticket.
    Don't reinstall. My suggestion is just to wait and check it once a day.

• @JBB said:
    Anyone else on the 88.214.20.0/24 subnet at FFME003? If so, have you noticed a major increase in dropped packets at your firewall since 9/26? If so, are they all from 88.214.20.10?

vnstat is showing about 180 packets/second in, instead of the usual 2-10 or so. I ran a tcpdump to see what's what. 95.7% of the 306749 captured packets are from 88.214.20.10, and most (all?) look to be SYN to tcp/23 for random IPs across the internet. Not nice.

Is it odd that I can see this dude scanning the internet for open telnet servers? Sure same subnet, but I thought the VMs were a bit more isolated.

Update: it appears that 88.214.20.10 has completed his internet telnet scan, as the crazy traffic has stopped. But the webserver at that IP is serving malware. payload.sh appears to install bot.py, and bot.py has some fun functions (attack_udp(), attack_tcp(), etc.).

• @JBB said:

@JBB said:
    Anyone else on the 88.214.20.0/24 subnet at FFME003? If so, have you noticed a major increase in dropped packets at your firewall since 9/26? If so, are they all from 88.214.20.10?

vnstat is showing about 180 packets/second in, instead of the usual 2-10 or so. I ran a tcpdump to see what's what. 95.7% of the 306749 captured packets are from 88.214.20.10, and most (all?) look to be SYN to tcp/23 for random IPs across the internet. Not nice.

Is it odd that I can see this dude scanning the internet for open telnet servers? Sure same subnet, but I thought the VMs were a bit more isolated.

Update: it appears that 88.214.20.10 has completed his internet telnet scan, as the crazy traffic has stopped. But the webserver at that IP is serving malware. payload.sh appears to install bot.py, and bot.py has some fun functions (attack_udp(), attack_tcp(), etc.).

@VirMach @VirMach @VirMach

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint DanSummer

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• According to uptime monitoring DALZ007 was briefly online for 1300 seconds on October 5th using an old IP.

This seems to confirm that DC never actually took the server down.

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• I have 2 vps at SEA that have been moved to LAX. Both were at 47.87.x.x IP range. It still shows the old IP (47.87). Is anyone in the same boat?

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

San Jose replaced failed card on networking equipment, but it looks like it's not being routed properly at edge now. Still working with them to bring this back up.

• @julensm said:
    I have 2 vps at SEA that have been moved to LAX. Both were at 47.87.x.x IP range. It still shows the old IP (47.87). Is anyone in the same boat?

Yes. Mine is moved to "LAX1Z016".

Thanked by (1)julensm
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

san joseeeeeeeeee

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @VirMach has been over loaded with coffee, super fast transfer queues today :)

Thanked by (1)netomx
  • @VirMach When is the new flash sale starting? My wallet is hungry.

• LAX2Z019 has no progress @VirMach , why isn't it moved to another node? waiting very tired LAX2Z019 almost 2 months off

• edited October 2023

@9fq01dl said:
    VirMach When is the new flash sale starting? My wallet is hungry.

I hope, they will be able to solve the exist difficulties, (after the Dedipath bankrupt) - which affect the exist services and customers - before make any new big sale/promotion.

• Hi, my VPS in Seattle (SEAZ007) is still with the same IP but is showing the TPAZ005 tag.
    Anybody know if it is going to be migrated to Tampa, instead of Los Angeles?

• My LAX ex SEA has a new IP, wow.

• @Neoon said:
    My LAX ex SEA has a new IP, wow.

Mine too. Check yours now @julensm

Thanked by (1)julensm
  • @tetech said:

@Neoon said:
    My LAX ex SEA has a new IP, wow.

Mine too. Check yours now @julensm

It seems routed but it won't work.
    Despite running reconfigure.

Guess either reconfigure is broken or something else is up.