VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• yes, got new IPs, still doesn't work but at least there's progress

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2023

To try and strike a more positive note....
    San Jose is back.

Thanked by (2)bakageta VirMach

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

san joseeeeeeeeee

whoop whoop

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• I'm considering being a hosting provider that sells VPS with the same specs and same price as VirMach.

The purpose is to help him divert some customers to reduce his pressure, anyone support me?

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@9fq01dl said:
    I'm considering being a hosting provider that sells VPS with the same specs and same price as VirMach.

The purpose is to help him divert some customers to reduce his pressure, anyone support me?

pls do and take all the MJJs with you

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider
    edited October 2023

@9fq01dl said:
    I'm considering being a hosting provider that sells VPS with the same specs and same price as VirMach.

If Virmach wanted to sell less servers and wanted to reduce their pressure, they would just set everything to be out of stock temporarily.

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• @cybertech said:
    pls do and take all the MJJs with you

What is MJJ?

@Advin said:
    If Virmach wanted to sell less servers and wanted to reduce their pressure, they would just set everything to be out of stock temporarily.

Obviously he's not capable of managing that many clients right now, his status page is long long long shit.
    It's time to steal his customers.

• @VirMach Boss, the VPS in DAL04 has been offline for a month now. When can we expect it to be restored? Is it possible to migrate it to Los Angeles?

Thanked by (1)karjaj
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2023

@9fq01dl said: I'm considering being a hosting provider that sells VPS with the same specs and same price as VirMach.

I know who you are, I know that you have multiple accounts here at LES. I turned down your first two attempts at signing up for multiple accounts yesterday, and just let this third one go to see what you would do.
    Now I am going to ban both of your accounts, because you are a dick.

EDIT: Decided to not ban your original account, so if you want to comment here using that account you can.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

Almost done auditing all nodes, every virtual server has been checked for whether it still requires an IP change that was missed due to API error, any missing disks, and an extensive list created. Also checked for VNC port issues and fixed, and all remaining offline services debugged. So if an ISO was preventing boot, that was caught as well.

A list of servers that were giving us issues was made, troubleshooted, and mostly fixed. These were servers that bugged out the most in terms of API and controls. The fix seems stable so far. Same with new servers giving us issues, although that has to be looked into a little further (it was software issues with SolusVM basically, for whatever reason the slave being installed fresh wasn't exactly the same as SolusVM updates through a very long time.)

This of course all took a very long time and I've been working on it on top of everything else for the past week or two.

@9fq01dl said:

Focus on $8.88 specials in Tokyo so we can naturally leave that market.

• @Neoon said:
    My LAX ex SEA has a new IP, wow.

The node is currently locked

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • Neoon said:

Neoon said:

On the same boat

• @VirMach said:

My understanding is that they generate the bulk of your profit.

• @nutjob said: My understanding is that they generate the bulk of your profit.

and the bulk of the refounds and disputes.

• and costs

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Neoon said:

Same here :/

edited October 2023

@Neoon said:

@Neoon said:

Too many people making tickets so I just locked them off until it's 100% complete on everything. Of course now we're just getting tickets for "node is locked" instead of anyone reading what that means right on the page and checking network status page.

When I say too many people or refer to these things I mostly just mean probably the 3-5% of customers that generate 20-30% of the tickets. One silver lining in all this is they've all been getting marked and we'll decide what to do about it later.

@nutjob said:

@VirMach said:

Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not anymore. But just so we're clear, Tokyo is guaranteed to:

1) Be a total loss, financially speaking
    2) Probably 5x support time requirements
    3) All the other fun stuff

@ben said:
    @VirMach Boss, the VPS in DAL04 has been offline for a month now. When can we expect it to be restored? Is it possible to migrate it to Los Angeles?

I don't know, we're still waiting on the same one guy at Flexential to come out of early retirement and maybe do his job.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ skorous tototo
  • @VirMach, no news about DALZ007?

@tenpera said:
    @VirMach, no news about DALZ007?

I don't know, we're still waiting on the same one guy at Flexential to come out of early retirement and maybe do his job.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ tenpera skorous
  • ATLZ007B, I no longer remember the date when the service was active. :'(

@tenpera said:
    @VirMach, is Denver moving to L.A currently?

@tenpera said:
    204.10.xx.xxx is not even pinging, dead.

@tenpera said:
    45.42.xxx.xx works good, 204.10.xx.xxx not much, but 100% pinging to China, maybe came from Alibaba.

@tenpera said:

@FrankZ said: Doubt this is going to happen as it would probable just screw up the works and the planned migrations already in progress.

does that mean it is being migrated to L.A?

@tenpera said:
    Your IP xxx.xx.xx.xx has been banned
    Ban Reason: Banned for 46 login attempts.
    Ban Expires: 09/07/2023 (21:00)

@tenpera said:
    @VirMach, so DALZ007 is good as it is? No I.P changes?

@tenpera said:
    @VirMach, so Seattle is not moving to L.A, right?

@tenpera said:
    @VirMach, SEAZ002 is not powered on, still waiting or move to L.A?

@tenpera said:
    received an email after Migration request saying,
    To initiate the migration, you can follow the instructions provided in our knowledgebase article on how to change service location here .
    But my seatle vm says "Operation Timed Out After 90000 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received" and there is no Migrate button.

@tenpera said:
    @VirMach, my ticket shows "Priority Queue", I think I'm safe.

@tenpera said:
    Dalz007 is up according to Status page, but actually
    Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

@tenpera said:
    @VirMach, pls confirm whether DALZ007 moved to N.Y or stays.
    Also Migrating from Seattle to LAX is on hold or going forward?

@tenpera said:
    @VirMach, good idea, like OKC. If My Dallas vm can move to OKC, I will wait a month.

@tenpera said:
    DALZ007 Operation Timed Out After 90000 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received
    PHXZ001 The node is currently locked
    SEAZ002 The node is currently locked
    DANZ001 The node is currently locked

@tenpera said:
    @VirMach, what's happening with migration from Seattle to LAX (Priority Queue)?

@tenpera said:
    DALZ007 Operation Timed Out After 90000 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received
    DANZ001 The node is currently locked
    SEAZ002 The node is currently locked
    Priority Queue [SEA] Migrate Immediately to [LAX] nothing happening.

@tenpera said:
    so migration from Seattle to LA is not happening?

@tenpera said:
    @VirNach, on LAXA-005, is 66.59.xxx.xxx will be permanent or 141.11.xxx.xx?

@tenpera said:
    @VirMach, so SEAZ002 will go into one of LAX1Z016, LAX1Z015, LAX1Z014, and LAX1Z012?

@tenpera said:
    LAX1Z014 failed to raise a network. i.p is not pinging, dead. probably takes longer time.

@tenpera said:
    @VirMach, about LAX1Z014, still fixing? It gives ** failed to raise a network. ** on vnc.

@tenpera said:
    @VirMach, any news regarding DALZ007 ?

Now that's dedication to trying to get some answers. I almost feel bad for not answering all of them but for future reference it might be more productive for you to just check the network status page. Based on previous patterns there's a 95% chance there will be more information on that page than you'll receive in any response back to you here.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@VirMach said: .... Now that's dedication to trying to get some answers. I almost feel bad for not answering all of them but for future reference it might be more productive for you to just check the network status page. Based on previous patterns there's a 95% chance there will be more information on that page than you'll receive in any response back to you here.

Others have tried to assist him on multiple occasions, but he doesn't want anyone else but you 😍.

• Does virmach's network status page require a login to view? This can be inconvenient for some foreign customers due to slow internet speeds.

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

IIAC all network status pages inside of WHMCS require a user to be logged in. It is a feature not a bug. :wink:

@FrankZ said:
    IIAC all network status pages inside of WHMCS require a user to be logged in. It is a feature not a bug. :wink:

We need to overhaul everything related to network status, updates, and so on. I don't like how any of it works at all at the moment. I think for the page though as it is on WHMCS, the default is to require login but it can probably be turned off, we never touched it though. Anyway we'll figure out a cool solution for all of that in a couple years probably.

Thanked by (3)tulipyun FrankZ Caxen
  • My NYCB027 which was dead for months is moved to NYCB017 and alive now

• Some dedipath ip 213.59.116.x in SanJose haven't been changed yet.

• @VirMach said:

@nutjob said:

@VirMach said:

Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not anymore. But just so we're clear, Tokyo is guaranteed to:

1) Be a total loss, financially speaking
    2) Probably 5x support time requirements
    3) All the other fun stuff

It was actually a typo, I meant to write "My understanding is that they destroy the bulk of your profits"

@nightcat said:
    Some dedipath ip 213.59.116.x in SanJose haven't been changed yet.

Yes, on my list but delayed since San Jose had network outage. I'll bump it to the top of the queue.

• edited October 2023

My VPS is on lax1z014, after migration, it was accessible on October 1st, but there is a serious issue of packet loss and disconnection. It's not a constant issue, but happens intermittently.
    is it still in the adjustment ?

The monitoring was conducted from four machines in the United States, the specific situation is as shown in the following figure.

Mod note: Combined successive comments. The graph may or may not be visible as it is on the IPFS network.