VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• JabJab
    edited October 2023

Frankfurt down.
    Whole Frankfurt down.

PPAAAAAAAAAAANIC

@VirMach you paid the bill? :P

Anyone have something from xTom / V.PS in Frankfurt and can tell if this is VirMach only or xTom? :P

Thanked by (1)ZA_capetown

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• Don't know about all Frankfurt but can confirm my vm on FFME007 is offline (47 minutes ago) and giving a 90000 timeout error.

• edited October 2023

Can confirm my FFME001 down, since about exactly 1 hour ago

(FFME002 also down, but don't have a time on that)

• That's second outage today.

FFME004

Down for 56 minutes
    The reason is No Response.
    Details:Ping Responded Unsuccessfully
    October 19, 2023, 16:22 GMT +02:00

Running again
    October 19, 2023, 03:49 GMT +02:00

Down for 2 h, 43 min
    The reason was No Response.
    October 19, 2023, 01:06 GMT +02:00

• msattmsatt OG
    edited October 2023

Logging in at https://billing.virmach.com/ is now Estonian - very handy (if you are Estonian).
    It has changed to English saying banned for failed login attempts....

/edit added url

• edited October 2023

@Mumbly said:
    That's second outage today.

FFME004

Down for 56 minutes
    The reason is No Response.
    October 19, 2023, 16:22 GMT +02:00

Running again
    October 19, 2023, 03:49 GMT +02:00

Down for 2 h, 43 min
    The reason was No Response.
    October 19, 2023, 01:06 GMT +02:00

Will switch to hizakura after due date.
    @Hizakura will u add Frankfurt location?

edit: well. seems an xTom's issue. still finna jump off boat bus tho.

• edited October 2023

Virmach Status Page says "Looks like everything is operating normally."
    But whole Frankfurt location is down and my vms there too 😅
    Also i can't report/write a ticket that it's down, site is loading like forever.
    @VirMach

• @foitin said:

Source?

• edited October 2023

@Jab said:

@foitin said:

Source?

sorry. wrong source.
    ask a v.ps user. they trolled me n gave me wrong info. :#

just checked and xTom is up and running.
    https://v.ps/speedtest/

• @kamikatzelp said:
    Also i can't report/write a ticket that it's down, site is loading like forever.
    @VirMach

Ok, wrote a priority ticket now, hopefully they'll fix it soon and won't charge me $15 for the ticket 😅👍

• @kamikatzelp said:

@kamikatzelp said:
    @VirMach

Ok, wrote a priority ticket now, hopefully they'll fix it soon and won't charge me $15 for the ticket 😅👍

maybe they wont. what they may do however, is to move you to another DC. :)

anyone who makes a ticket for existing outage report, I'm just moving away from Tokyo.
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/151885/#Comment_151885

• Other than v.ps (€ 6.95/mon, damn), any cheap xTom Frankfurt alternative?
    Hizakura seems to be a decent Amsterdam alternative but haven't found out Frankfurt one yet.

• Frankfurt has been one of the most stable location in my servers and hopefully it will stay even after this issue

Thanked by (2)ZA_capetown someTom

• I guess there was a lot of tickets and they wanted to put something ASAP =)

Thanked by (3)titus VirMach fluttershy

• @Jab said:

I guess there was a lot of tickets and they wanted to put something ASAP =)

Yea guys, your vms are down because of outage, you already know that? ^^

• JabJab
    edited October 2023

Network is back!

However please sent help to my Gmail (-:

• I would like to have a FFM server when Virmach open the migrate function.

• Any progress on TYOC038? my machine has been offline for a month.

• My server always shuts down automatically. This situation has been going on for many months and I even have never used resources at high load.

What's worse, I can't open a ticket to Virmach.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@ableable said:
    My server always shuts down automatically. This situation has been going on for many months and I even have never used resources at high load.

Which of your 12 accounts is this regarding? Well the 12 that I pulled up so far, I'm sure there's more.

• @VirMach said:

@ableable said:
    My server always shuts down automatically. This situation has been going on for many months and I even have never used resources at high load.

Which of your 12 accounts is this regarding? Well the 12 that I pulled up so far, I'm sure there's more.

i have a server also shutdown automatically,and status page shows the host server used 99%mem

• edited October 2023

My luck has run out, TYOC039 is down.

Nevermind, I am still lucky, downtime was <5 minutes.

edit: Oh, xtom is being attacked.

• anyone received this email for their tokyo vps ? :(

Your service will be migrated in 7 days to the nearest available location (likely San Jose or Los Angeles.) If a migration fee was paid previously, please reply back with your invoice ID for the migration so we can provide a refund.

Are they closing down their JP VPS location or it's just those vps that's not original on jp, those that just migrated on it?

@jcolideles said:
    anyone received this email for their tokyo vps ? :(

> Your service will be migrated in 7 days to the nearest available location (likely San Jose or Los Angeles.) If a migration fee was paid previously, please reply back with your invoice ID for the migration so we can provide a refund.
    > 

Are they closing down their JP VPS location or it's just those vps that's not original on jp, those that just migrated on it?

Right now only specific accounts with specific services. It's a fair process and done in a way to be minimal in the total quantity.

We'll keep going in smallest batches possible with different criteria as needed, until Tokyo starts matching other locations in terms of numbers of tickets created, abuse, and so on. This is to prevent having to close off that location, for my own sanity.

Thanked by (2)tototo ZA_capetown
  • JabJab
    edited October 2023

@VirMach said: It's a fair process

NOTHING IS FAIR!

You know, I couldn't stop myself from posting that.

Thanked by (2)skorous yoursunny

• Any issue with FFME005? I have 2 VPS there being offline now. Did everything I could, including re-installing the OS, but didn't help :'(

• @VirMach said:

@jcolideles said:

> > Your service will be migrated in 7 days to the nearest available location (likely San Jose or Los Angeles.) If a migration fee was paid previously, please reply back with your invoice ID for the migration so we can provide a refund.
    > > 

Right now only specific accounts with specific services. It's a fair process and done in a way to be minimal in the total quantity.

We'll keep going in smallest batches possible with different criteria as needed, until Tokyo starts matching other locations in terms of numbers of tickets created, abuse, and so on. This is to prevent having to close off that location, for my own sanity.

I'm not an heavy user on your tokyo node :(

• edited October 2023

@VirMach , I have only one virmach account without tickets or abuses, but I received the migration email. how do you categorize 'specific '? it seems to be all users who paid to migrate to Tokyo...don't dodge, be frank about it

• edited October 2023

@jcolideles said:

> Your service will be migrated in 7 days to the nearest available location (likely San Jose or Los Angeles.) If a migration fee was paid previously, please reply back with your invoice ID for the migration so we can provide a refund.
    > 

I am curious why ask customer to provide invoice number since the billing system have all information needed? i believe there is automated way to do this rather have exchange through the ticket as it's most hated by Virmach. i don't understand the logic here.

edited October 2023

@ripeapple said:
    @VirMach , I have only one virmach account without tickets or abuses, but I received the migration email. how do you categorize 'specific '? it seems to be all users who paid to migrate to Tokyo...don't dodge, be frank about it

It's not all migrations to Tokyo. It's first focused on people that might also do something like come on here tagging me making accusations and general increased support strain on a limited support service, or replying back to the ticket asking if a custom arrangement can be made in their case, and then also copy/pasting a similar message here after replying to the ticket.

If it were all migrations to Tokyo then we'd just send a mass notice and it'd be much easier to process. If something like that happens in future batches, it'll be disclosed.

I don't have an exact number in front of me but I know it affects roughly 5% of Tokyo customers, if that. Or rather, 95% unaffected.

@jcolideles said: I'm not an heavy user on your tokyo node

You made 5 tickets to deal with your second account being closed, made a ticket "order is pending for 4 days" and then another one, and rDNS request ticket when a message was up on network status page saying rDNS isn't ready yet, made a custom ISO request for Netboot which is on ISO list.

I'm guessing at some point in time this was determined to not fall in line within your service's support level:

I understand special offers come with limited support: VirMach will only provide support to ensure my service functions.

So I'd say we pretty much nailed it in this case in terms of what we were going for in this batch. You'll still have a service in a pretty good location at a pretty insanely low price and given the context I'd say you're making it out relatively unscathed. I'd just highly recommend moving forward you remember it's limited support and stop doing anything that draws negative attention to your account because I cannot promise if that behavior continues that we'll want to continue doing business with you. It's one thing for us to continue services without price increases but we're placed in a difficult position when this low cost service also has a relatively high support burden, especially when it's also in our most expensive location that happens to have several times the support burden as other locations.

@derekyang said: I am curious why ask customer to provide invoice number since the billing system have all information needed? i believe there is automated way to do this rather have exchange through the ticket as it's most hated by Virmach. i don't understand the logic here.

Workload. We're not going to go back and manually check whether or not it was a paid or unpaid request and then match it to specific invoices especially since on most of these accounts the migrate button was spammed over and over and over and over so there's lots of generated tickets and invoices.

Alternative would be for this batch to just send everyone a mass notice that there's no option for renewal and service is ending on next due date, or to not offer any refund since in almost all these cases the customer's support usage or AUP breach carries more fees than the migration. For other future batches, maybe that's different and we'll consider being more accommodating when it comes to locating and refunding migration fees without user input.

Anyway, I think I've said all I want to say here. I can't continue replying to everyone's concerns regarding this matter. The cancellation button is still there and it's definitely no hard feelings on our end if it's utilized. We're taking the minimal action in this case as necessary.